All reviews old railway train station central courtyard interesting town lovely hotel staff were professional the air conditioning colonial style the hotel staff breakfast buffet tea and coffee the ground floor room was large rooms are nice old world charm cape town pleasant stay
Reviewed 18 June 2018

3 days 2 nights weekend stay at the Swakopmund Hotel and Casino while enjoying the Atlantic sea and the poker tournament at the Casino.

Staff were professional and extremely friendly throughout our entire stay.

Considering that the hotel building was previously a railway station and that it is currently a historical monument or building, it does not serve as an excuse for the lack of upgrades, especially within the rooms. Especially that sleeper couch.

A much needed renovation is due.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
JanetWilson-Moore, General Manager at Swakopmund Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive and we truly appreciate your kind words about our staff.
We are in the process of planning a refurb and had already completed our mock up rooms. Hopefully we will be able to start in the near future and in time for your next visit for next years' Poker Tournament!

Janet Wilson-Moore

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Easy walk to the town.
Good food
Lovely dining room Platform 1
They had made a mistake in recording our payment through Bookings .com
The confusion between Namibian dollars and Australian dollars took a great deal of time and is not fully resolved yet. They tried very hard and were quite approachable.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JanetWilson-Moore, General Manager at Swakopmund Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate your business and your trust in us. I am very happy to hear that our staff and service met your needs and expectations.
I have noted that the payment issue has not been resolved, I will follow this up with my team and you are also welcome to contact me on: swakopmund@legacyhotels.co.za
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Janet Wilson-Moore

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel located about 30 mins to the Walvis bay that the place we want to go, however this hotel are good decoration as colonial style , Quite, Clean , Friendly, Breakfast also good enough to make me full.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
JanetWilson-Moore, Manager at Swakopmund Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Den P

Thank you for the review and feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward in welcoming you back in the future.

kind regards

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staff. Rooms are clean and spacious. We had a room overlooking the pool, which I think is the better view.
WiFi almost unlimited, lovely big pool and quick room service.
Bathrooms could do with a revamp.
Pleasant stay. I would recommend this to anyone coming to Swakopmund.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
JanetWilson-Moore, Manager at Swakopmund Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2018

Dear FionaMax007

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

The location of this colonial style hotel was very good, close to town and the beach. The common areas and grounds were well maintained. The service from the friendly staff was excellent. My room was nicely decorated, had great air conditioning, great internet, and a comfortable mattress. Breafast was very good. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend it without hesitation.

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank WonderfulWorldItIs
JanetWilson-Moore, General Manager at Swakopmund Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Thank you for the wonderful reveiw. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back in the future.