“Great seafood”

RetroGusto Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 118 Restaurants in Boquete
Description: Retrogusto Restaurant & Bar with its Italian Farm to Table concept in Boquete starts with commitment to sustainable living. Local vegetables is picked up daily; our local meat is raised free of hormones and antibiotics; our bread and artisan pizza are baked on the premises with imported flour, 10 year old mother dough is imported from Naples and long fermentation; our combination of fresh cold pressed juice is organic. All wood walls have been constructed with the joists recuperated from this 100 year old house… RetroGusto is ready to delight and give you the best way to enjoy your time and passion for good things.
Reviewed 20 May 2016

I had the tuna steak and it was phenomenal. Wife had the pumpkin risoto and it was ok to her. I would absolutely go back. Best meal i gad in Boquete.

Reviewed 19 May 2016

Ive eaten at Retrogusto at least 5 times in the last 4 months and Ive had nothing but delicious and memorable meals. This is become the 'go to' restaurant when we have guests in town, and even our friends/family who are used to the best restaurants in Manhattan rave about it. The owner and his wife work very hard at making sure the food and the service are up to an international standard, and they are always there to make sure things run smoothly. While their dinner here is excellent, my personal favorite is their brunch. They have a unique set up with an appetizer buffet with a wide variety of delicious starters, followed by the entree you order, and then you end with the desert buffet. The appetizer selection is so amazing its tempting not to fill up just on those alone, and you can get your monies worth just from this section of the menu. Overall I find the prices at Retrogusto to be fair for the quality of the food and service. In particular I find their meat to be super high quality and worth every dollar. Anyone who has spent time in Central America knows how hard it can be to come by a good steak and Ive had nothing but amazing cuts of meat here. I will def. be returning soon and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting!

1  Thank CaitlinEK
Reviewed 19 May 2016

We loved this farm to table Italian restaurant! An unbelievable food find in the small town of Boquete! David Care is a world-renowned Italian chef yet still comes out of the kitchen to sit down with his quests and talk food. He tweaked a seafood stew menu item for me to create the best Cioppino I have ever eaten. All this and reasonable prices as well. If you are in Boquete, you must eat here.

1  Thank Susan K
Reviewed 18 May 2016

Retrogusto was recommended to us, but we were bit doubtful, as lot of negative reviews after opening. I am glad that we gave a shot for Retrogusto.
Staff welcomed us nicely and arranged a table for us. What I liked was that the owner Davide came to greet us, like other customers, recommending foods and later asking opinion. As we had a view into the kitchen, we could see that he run his kitchen like military organisation.
Food was great, pizza reminded me real Napoletana pizzas and fish was excellent, served beautifully. Restaurant claims that most of the food comes from local farmers.
Restaurant is perfect for romantic dinner.

1  Thank mWrite
Reviewed 16 May 2016

Davide and the team at Retrogusto provided my wife and I such a high quality night out that I want to revise all my previous restaurant reviews down to 4 star and give Retrogusto the one and only 5 star rating.

We were in town for our anniversary and were unsure what options we'd have for a fancy meal. We spied Retrogusto and we were sorted. Great layout, attentive staff, incredible introductory prices, great wine and beer range, Davide weaving his magic in the kitchen and his wife conducting the orchestra out front.

We had amazing food (gnocchi and the red snapper special) but the real star was Davide and his passion for food and customer service, a passion that was reflected through his entire team. Complimentary anniversary dessert was a lovely cherry on the cake.

Be sure to dine here if you are in town. It's a total winner!

1  Thank SpokeyDokeys