US$64
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Mochiks(Chiclayo)
US$60
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast buffetprivate collectionan upgradearroz con patofree wifibusiness tripbusiness hotelnight's sleepwalk aroundfunctional hotelshopping areatypical dishnice poolmake you feel at hometwo night stayother hotelsfriendly hotel
Reviewed 10 December 2012

You would think that working in a hotel the staff would realise that their job and tips depend on being welcoming and friendly. Not so here. With a few exceptions the staff seemed surly. My coffee was left to sit on the counter getting cold because the preparer (and he knew I ordered it) would not bring it out and my waiter was busy elsewhere. This is some 19 months after the renovation has commenced and yet we were still put into old and drab rooms. There was a balcony but no furniture and no clock. I like to check that I have correctly set my timepieces to local time. The food was adequate (we did have a meal there as well as breakfast) but not inspiring. If I return to Chiclayo for the wonderful archelogical sites I won´t be staying here. (Can´t comment on the price as it was part of a package.)

Room Tip: Ask for one that has been renovated.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Skiltsey
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed two nights in a superior room, which was recently renovated. The room was big with a more or less modern design, Air conditioning and wireless Internet worked well. Other facilities in the hotel seemed basic. I was told that the hotel is being completely renovated (I believe it will be or already is a Casa Andina Select hotel). Nice pool although I had no time to make use of it, pool area needs renovation though. Basic but decent breakfast and restaurant. Staff in general very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank O D
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

Worst Casa Andina Hotel I've ever seen! It is in refurbishment state but I don't understand why they give them 4 stars!!! The rooms are very old with very bad furnitures, it is really not worth the price they ask you!

• Stayed: August 2012
5  Thank IvanItalia1977
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Select Chiclayo, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2012

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time you took to write and share your valuable comments regarding your stay at our hotel.
We very much regret we could not meet your expectations and please, accept our apologies if the refurbishing works caused you bad impression.

As you may know, Gran Hotel Chiclayo is under Casa Andina management since 2011, and which we are fulfilling a complete remodeling to suit it to our standards and the image we want to reflect to our clients.

Once again, thank you for letting us know your opinion and rest assured we took into consideration as it helps us to our improvement.

Cordially yours,

The Casa Andina team

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I am surprised to hear that rooms have been renovated. We just returned from Chiclayo after spending three nights. Only one floor has been renovated and that is not open to the public. We were given an unacceptable room on the 6th floor, very old and dingy, and we were immediately given a large corner room on the 7th floor. Not renovated, but more than adequate. The reason I still recommend the hotel is its staff--the greatest asset. They constantly apologized for the state of the hotel, sent us fruit to our room and really tried their best to accommodate. Since the hotel is not very close to restaurants, we ate several meals at the hotel restaurant, all of excellent quality.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
CasaAndina_CS, Propietario at Casa Andina Select Chiclayo, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your insights with us and many other travelers on Trip Advisor.

As you know, Gran Hotel Chiclayo is under a full renovation of all public areas and rooms, doing it floor by floor. This is done since Casa Andina took the administration of the hotel last year and we are refurbishing it according to our standards.

Certainly, we are now remodeling floors 3 and 4, and due to the occupation and effort required to do a total refurbishment, the rooms are enabling progressively.

We very much regret if this works caused you any discomfort or bad experience and please be sure that it is not our intention to cause this.

Once again, thank you for letting us to know your comments and we hope we have a second opportunity to offer a real Casa Andina experience.

Best regards,

The Casa Andina team

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have been several times in this hotel before. This time they belong to Casa Andina, and you notice the new management immediately. They have two brand new elevators. We stayed at the 6th floor, it was a huge renovated room,with wood floors, a/c, free wi-fi, with view to the pool. Although they are still working on the renovation, it is quiet. The staff is very helpful and efficient. They have an excellent buffet breakfast. Free parking. This is the best hotel to stay in Chiclayo.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family