All reviewssoft openingnational artistsmines viewfamily roommodern architecturepine treesscenic elevatoratrium lobbyarroz caldomini librarycomplimentary water bottlessuperior roombreakfast buffetegg stationvery comfortable stayhotel is perfectcomplete toiletries
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We tried Sierra Pines' Breakfast Buffet but we were not checked-in as hotel's guests. The price is Php 500 per person which i find reasonable with a good variety of food and a nice ambiance. Although, the food was okay, the overall breakfast buffet experience is still good. The service is very good as staff were very attentive on our needs and were pleasant. If asked, I will go back again for their breakfast buffet. - No problem with parking

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2017

Since it's new, the hotel can still come up of facilities/activities that their guests can enjoy their staycation. Food is ok but the pizza they offer is lousy. Service are good. I like the free juices at the lobby and the street food a the front of the hotel. Cheap but clean and the sauce is to die for. The hotel could provide free shuttle service to the city center (session road) at least since their area is far from the usual tourist spot. Breakfast buffet is SO EXPENSIVE if you forgot or didn't add up on your hotel booking! Provided the area is resto and buffet haven. Our hotel room is big yet it lacks some comfortable amenities. The toilet has this old sink smell after using it.

Book with breakfast as when you opted to pay when you dine is pricier, ask for schedule of activities, don't bring outside food or delivery, they charged 10% of the amount

Room Tip: Best view at the back part to get full view of pine trees
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

I've booked a lot of times over the past decade (i haven't had the time to make reviews for all of those vacations and travels), but by far, BOOKING with Sierra Pines, HAS BEEN ONE OF THE MOST ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE EVER. Let me explain in detail.

1. I booked online last August 8, 2017, my booking dates were originally December 30, 2017 to January 1, 2018.
2. I picked a room on their website.
3. I inputed my credit card details (even the CVV2) on their website.
4. I was NOT given an option to pay the whole amount immediately.
5. I sent an email about my concern. Since the dates I booked are within their PEAK season. I explained that I wanted to pay in order to confirm my booking, since during PEAK seasons, hotels tend to over-book. I was told that I can just pay upon arrival. And they just needed my credit card details to confirm my reservation.
6. I believed them. BIG MISTAKE. I was eventually sent another email and they also called me, informing me that I now have to pay them at least 50% of the reservation amount in order to confirm my reservation since these were within their peak season. And it was indicated on their website that IF I do not continue with my reservation, I still have to pay the cancellation fee....
7. BUT that is not the only thing. If I intend to pay the downpayment using my credit card. I have to sign an authorization to charge and I have to send 2 copies of my IDs and the front and back copies of my credit card (so holding my credit card information for ransom is not enough. They also intend to take my identity away?).
8. After questioning their HIGHLY RISKY AND SUSPICIOUS practice, they sent me flimsily drafted letter (NO DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT MY BOOKING/RESERVATION) to authorize the charging of my credit card and demanding copies of my IDs or I can just do a bank deposit. In response, I asked for a detailed letter.
9. They sent a more detailed letter. But left out the exact amount I have to pay.
10. I asked about their cancellation policy. NOW i was told I can cancel for free as long as it is 14 days before the booking date. But that does not reaolve the risk that THEY HAVE ALL MY CREDIT CARD INFO (including the cvv2).

Conclusion:
HIGHLY RISKY AND SUSPICIOUS BOOKING PROCESS.
If their booking process is this convoluted, I doubt their overall hotel as well.

If the option to pay via credit card is not available on your website, please stop DEMANDING the input of credit card information on your website. And please stop requesting for documents from customers this is a HIGHLY RISKY PROCEDURE (there is a VERY HIGH POSSIBILITY OF IDENTITY THEFT). Confirmation of credit card payment can be done via 3d secure via 3rd party merchant processors (you can look that up).

TIPS:
1) DO NOT BOOK VIA THE WEBSITE (they will require your credit card information, and they WILL eventually demand copies of your IDs.
2) If you really want to book with them, contact them via their phone numbers (Telephone Numbers: (074) 619-0488
Mobile Numbers:
GLOBE: 09954890873
SMART: 09288466566) or email (Mail: info@sierrapinesbaguio.com). It is better to do both. Contact them via mobile in order to get "human" (non-template) responses and email for record keeping.
DO NOT USE THEIR WEBSITE.

Conclusion:
AVOID THIS HOTEL, since if their booking process is this TEDIOUS and highly risky, I doubt that you will be properly treated there as well.

Warning: THIS HOTEL PRACTICES HIGHLY RISKY policies. HIGH RISK OF STOLEN CREDIT CARD DETAILS and STOLEN IDENTITY.

11  Thank jl0ufajard0
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

They have very accommodating crew. Sierra Pines has a modern interior design that you'll surely appreciate. This is also a place where you can have fun (2nd floor, outdoor space, playground, bonfire at night) and enjoy good food.

They serve buffet breakfast; it's not that much but I recommend their arrozcaldo, my favorite.

Also, if you want something fancy, go to Outlook at Sierra - there you'll enjoy food, do billiards, and drink your night away.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

My Family enjoyed our stay at Siera Pines Hotel. Food is great, rooms are very nice and clean, and hospitable employees. I will recommend this place to my relatives and friends... Thank you Siera Pines

2  Thank Gary R