All reviews le chef garden view camp john hay pine trees baguio city piano bar one bedroom suite log cabin outlet stores tree top adventure breakfast buffet christmas season fresh air keep coming back raisin bread baguio experience ceiling fan
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Old world charm. Courteous and discreet service. Excellent food, whether a la carte or buffet. Clean, comfortable rooms. Quiet but accessible location. Wonderful grounds. Activities for the family. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: choose the suite room - corner rooms have two balconies.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
TheManorcjh, Resident Manager at The Manor at Camp John Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear oyaarriola,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your experience at The Manor at Camp John Hay. Your review is sincerely appreciated.

My team and I are already excited for your next visit.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

For many years now I have always look upon The Manor as a haven, D place to regroup oneself. A hideaway. A place to full relax without leaving the grounds. There is this air of being old school in elegance and discretion in the atmosphere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear Kate L,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at The Manor at Camp John Hay. We are grateful for the support which you continue to graciously extend to us throughout these years.

We look forward to welcoming you in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

I do not recommend staying at The Manor.

I paid for Deluxe Garden view room through agoda. The printed confirmation states it clearly. When we arrived last November 25 for an overnight stay, Jhay-R Bagwan processed our check-in smoothly. He just asked for 1000pesos as deposit for incidentals. Upon arriving at our room 406, however, we immediately saw that we were given a forest view.

Kuya Jomark Dacanay, the one who helped us bring our luggage to our room, immediately assisted us and wholeheartedly agreed that we should have our room changed to the one that we booked. After all, the one we paid for was more expensive because of the supposed view. After 30minutes, we were told that they had no more available Deluxe Garden View rooms. Of course I demanded to know why that is the case when my booking for a Deluxe Garden View was accepted. They said they would investigate because a deluxe forest view room was what Agoda forwarded to them but as compensation for the hassle, they offered buffet breakfast coupons for us. We did not agree to this. We said we booked the Deluxe Garden View because we wanted the experience of having coffee or tea, at the veranda, overlooking the garden. I still demanded for my original booked (and paid for) room. Until 8pm of November 25, 2017 we were arguing about our room. Only then did the manager, Eman Gomez, come out and admit that they overbooked. So I asked what was the qualification for us to have received the cut. Why were we the ones who got displaced from our room. He could not give me an answer and pointed to their reservations team. This time also, he offered a supposed upgrade to a 1-bedroom suite with free breakfast coupons again. We declined this, again, because it had a very noisy background due to its promiximity to the restaurant (right beside, actually). That would not be an upgrade. Moreover, we have yet to receive a proper response as to why were bumped off. The manager also admitted that we were assigned room 115 originally. He said it was a deluxe garden view room located at the first floor also (but their statement in the afternoon was that Agoda forwarded to them a forest view room. Lies lies lies.) So it would have been noisy also. But we asked him again if that were the case, if we had apparently been assigned room 105 initially which was a Deluxe Garden View, then why did we get assigned to room 406? The manager answered that the receptionist took the liberty of assigning us to a forest view room to avoid the noise. And we were just stupefied. The receptionist taking liberty with downgrading the room we paid for? Wow. This is Manor. A supposed better than average hotel. And that is what they do. They didn't ask for my take on the matter. And they gave away my supposed room. After I questioned the manager about it, he suddenly said "actually ma'am, the receptionist just assigns what the reservations team assigns". The manager already contradicted himself with his earlier explanation to me. And it still doesn't answer why my reservation was the one that got bumped off.

Since I haven't slept that day, I gave up because they all agree they have no more options for me. We just used the deluxe forest view room they assigned to us. But before we parted, I demanded a refund for the price difference of the rooms. They agreed to it. They said the room they assigned to us is PhP 7600. I said ok. A few minutes after we arrived at our room, they sent up an attendant and returned 300pesos. I told them that wasn't enough. I forwarded to them through email my payment confirmation to agoda to show them the price difference. I did not receive a reply from them.

When we checked out, I asked for the balance of my refund. And they just gave me PhP 30. So I clarified again because I was expecting another 227.95 pesos on top of the 300 initially given to me by Ms. Harmony, the receptionist working the front desk the previous night. And then Ms. Faith M. Magsino, the one processing our check out clarified with her boss and then suddenly said the room we were given actually costs PhP 8,055 and that the flyer and the rate used by Ms. Harmony was the old rate of 7600. The lies and inconsistencies kept on piling up.

What a huge disappointment The Manor was. I'm sure a lot will still book with them. Just be cautious. And for those aiming to book the Deluxe Garden View, specify that you want to be placed on the 3rd or 4th floor at the middle area (not too far nor too near the restaurant downstairs) otherwise the manager said they will place you at the ground floor where the experience will be less than satisfactory due to its proximity to the guests at the ground floor. Yes he really said that unless you specify where you want to be placed, you will de relegated to the first floor.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
9  Thank kristin3_alr
TheManorcjh, General Manager at The Manor at Camp John Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear kristin3_alr,

I am concerned to learn of your unhappiness on how your booking was handled during your stay with us last November 25, 2017.

I can fully understand how unsettling the situation must have been for your when your booking for a deluxe garden room view was not given. I have called an emergency meeting to investigate on your concern and I stand shamefacedly to admit that there was a lapse on our end. Rest assured that appropriate measures were taken to address where we have shortfall.

I also regret to learn of your disappointment on how your concerns were managed by our team members. Please allow me to apologize as this is certainly not the standard of service we provide and I shall be reviewing this most closely with the respective members of management.

Turning to your concern regarding your refund, please allow me to explain that the total amount of your refund is P336.00. Our rack rate for a deluxe garden view room is P8629.00 and deluxe forest view is P8293.00. Based on your Agoda voucher, the rate given to you is P 8127.95 (additional 5.81% discount) for a deluxe garden view as compared to the rate of a deluxe forest view which is P 7791.95 (additional 5.81% discount) which would also total to a refund of P336.00.

Your feedback is of enormous value in helping us refine and improve the quality of our service. We will draw the attention of the Management concerned to the points you have raised and hope that you will give us the opportunity to experience a standard of service that meets with your expectations.

Once again, I would want to apologize for the inconvenience. I do hope that this unfortunate incident will not deter you and your family from staying with us and that we can look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I love the weather, the room, the foods and all. It was a great stay. Their decorations for Christmas are so nice. Perfect. Very accessible to the restaurants and other nice places. We'll be back again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Mhay R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent stay with us. We value your comments and it gives us joy knowing we have made your stay memorable.

It would certainly be our pleasure t o welcome you back.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We have stayed in the Manor twice in the past 12 months and have left with good experiences. The rooms are comfortable and well-maintained. We've tried the breakfast and dinner buffets and have not been disappointed. The complimentary tea at the lobby area is a plus. While parking in the hotel
Vicinity is not always available, the valet service offered makes up for this.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
TheManorcjh, Resident Mananger at The Manor at Camp John Hay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Mary Ann M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience with us. It’s wonderful to know that you had a memorable experience with us.

I’m glad that we were able to provide you a pleasurable experience by combing our luxurious amenities with the comforts of home.

It would certainly be our pleasure to welcome you again on your next visit to Baguio.