See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

We were very eager to find a decent place to stay and re-energize after a tiring (but very satisfactory) trip at Taal Heritage Town and we ended up booking at La Suena Brisa.

Pros (+)

- The (3) pools seemed to be well-maintained
- The resort is huge and somewhat new; there are a lot of cabanas, cottages, huts (that comes with a price- see rates on the attached photos)
- The male attendants including the life guards and security folks were approachable and polite; attentive to guests’ needs
- Free parking, just outside the resort premises

Cons (-)

- The female receptionists were not approachable neither they were knowledgeable and informative. I had to ask tons of questions in order to get all the information that I need to know prior booking.
- Guest Kits were not readily available in the room (at least in ours. We had to request for tissue and complimentary bottled water)
- The bedsheet was a bit dirty; my wife requested to have it changed. Luckily, the attendant was quick to respond.
- TV model was outdated (good thing it has a lot if available channels— cignal cable)
- No restaurants available but you may order from Greenwich, Hap Chan, Max’s (resort owner also has franchise of these food chains— orders could be made until 7:30 pm only)
- We attempted to request for service water to no avail. The following morning, we asked if we could re-heat our food— sadly, they do not have microwave oven.
- Complimentary breakfast was so bland— rice and hotdog plus 3 & 1 coffee.
- Black sand beach would have been satisfying someone is assigned to maintain and pick-up the trash in the shoreline
- The place is waze-able but the road is way too narrow. I don’t know how someone could maneuver if a car passes through the opposite direction.

I know this isn’t a 5-star hotel and I should not ask for a ‘red-carpet’ service however, customer service for a hotel and restaurant business type is no rocket science, it should be mandatory. 3K for an overnight stay for 2 pax in a basic resort is not cheap either.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017

This is an almost ideal resort based on our usual requirements: beach, pool, rooms, cooking area, parking, near enough to Manila.

The beach is nice (just don't compare it with Boracay). As is common in Batangas, the beach is not exclusive but the resort has fenced in their area to provide a little privacy from vendors and guests from other resorts. The pools are also nice as well as the rooms. Parking is no problem but you have to leave your car outside the resort (it's guarded).

This is not a five-star place so don't expect anything fancy.

Room Tip: If you're getting several rooms, get the ones that are clustered together; arrange with the hotel to make area & cabanas exclusive.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank vansky
Reviewed 26 May 2016

I got a good deal for our company's outing from MetroDeal, discounts as well for extra people and for children and seniors. Going there is quite challenge due to road repair at this time, May 22, 2016, but if you will just pay attention to the signs, you'll make it easy. The place is well maintained and the staff are well manner. The pool is nice specially in the early morning when it's not too crowded and the beach is clean when the sea is calm in the morning otherwise seaweeds & dirts along the shores. Be there before 7am for better cabana's choice. We enjoy Island visitation and snorkeling for extra $$$ but can be negotiated. The only drawback was at the women's washroom which lack water but so far it's thumb up. Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank transwealth333
Reviewed 26 April 2016

The rooms are fine for an overnight stay, there are cabanas - an option for Day tripper. The toilets are fine but the water supply is lacking. There are 2 pools, and a lap pool that gets very crowded by the afternoon. The beach isn't clean, there are trashes from other beach resorts that collects by the shore. The black sand makes the water seems muddy, but the waves are fine and the water isn't too salty. They offer Island hopping for 150Php on a 1hr tour. There aren't any food stalls, you have to go out from the resort, they don't have food corkage though. The resort isn't quiet and relaxing, by the afternoon, nearby resorts starts playing loud music. I would recommend this for a day trip.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed May 17-18 2015,the room we got is a standard room(3,000pesos)that can accomodate 2-3 person(additional 150 pesos for the 3rd person for the swimming pool entrance as only 2 person admission fee is included on the published rate).

First time we went to Batangas.I didnt make any reservations to hotels or resort i saw on the internet prior to our trip. I want to look around as most of the time the pictures of the resorts and hotels posted in the internet are misleading or say fake,you know what i mean,that the pictures on their websites are old old pictures and most of them are not updated.

Okay,here is the story,we go inside a road that is a bit hard to locate if you will not pay much attention. Its Brgy.Nonong Casto.Its a two way traffic BUT to be honest,the road is too small especially if one is a big truck and for sure you will have a hard time squeezing your car.Luckily we go there on Sunday,not much traffic especially in the afternoon.

Me,my husband and my daughter went on a hotel/resort hunting. We inquire for the rooms on other resort,rates there are ranging from 2,000-3,000pesos.That's the cheapest and what surprise me is,its mostly 12hours stay so you will pay additional $$$ if you want to extend,take note,most of them have no shower heater.Plus the beds are horrible.About to give in to one of the resorts accomodation,i told my husband to try two more resort. Luckily we found the La Suena Brisa Resort. First impression,it looks expensive. I almost loose hope as we are also travelling on a budget. But,i went inside and ask the frontdesk staff how much is their rate. I was surprise its not that expensive. Plus,they have a VERY NICE pool. Well maintained place.Beatiful landscape.I ask if i can see the room,they gladly showed it to us with a smile. As the staff open the door,i was surprise that the bed is huge. Can really fit 3-4people.Nice bathroom with heater,fridge,a coffee pot,a flatscreen tv and a huge closet. I immediately told the staff that we will get the room.

The next day,we own the pool as there are no other guests swims that morning.There is a karaoke machine but they have a policy of until 10pm only. It really didnt bother us. Swimming pool is from 7am to 10pm.Their gate going to the beach are closed at 10pm too.City ordinance.

Con:

The beach is really dirty though.I understand that the resort can't do anything about it.Most are seaweedBrgy.Nonong Casto.Its a two way traffic BUT to be honest,the road is too small especially if one is a big truck and for sure you will have a hard time squeezing your car.Luckily we go there on Sunday,not much traffic especially in the afternoon.

Con:

The beach is really dirty though.I understand that the resort can't do anything about it.Most are seaweeds and waterlilies.

All in all,our stay at La Sueña Brisa is great. Thumbs up.

Thank you La Sueña.:)