“Nicely situated for an afternoon drink but lacking the service”

Oyster Bar by Via Mare
Ranked #273 of 1,534 Restaurants in Makati
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Stopped here for shelter and a drink on a hot afternoon, ordering a SML. Watched the waiter open the fridge and try to find a cold one, select one, open it and then bring it over. The bottle was warm! Told him I expected a cold beer, not one just placed in the chiller, especiallyon such a hot day...his answer to bring me with a glass filled with ice. I advised him I liked my beer as it was, not watered down and all I wanted was a cold beer. He went into the inside bar itself and bought me a cold beer out.

Beer price was more than I had been paying at alternative local establishments

Ordering a second beer, he went through the same procedure, although they had put some in an ice bucket.... bringing a luke warm beer instead of walking the distance inside and bringing out a cold one.

Drank, paid and left... will not return

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Went there for brunch. Coffee was very good. Had a bad veggie soup... too watery and veggies undercooked. Fried milkfish was good.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Ridiculous tourist trap. Overpriced food. Overpriced drinks. Bad service. Never coming back here again. I ordered draft beer and they gave me a tiny ladies' glass. I said when you said draft beer I expected a pint glass. All they said said, that's the serving size. My friend ordered a Cosmo and it was only about 50ml. Couldn't even taste the alcohol. At that size, it should be all alcohol. The "oysters" were flat and flavourless. Like eating snot, but snot actually has a unique taste. This had none. Absolute ripoff. I hope the management is swimming in a pool of gold coins somewhere, because at the rate they're going, they might as well.

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Great authentic sinigang soups and fresh oysters! Melt in your mouth thin palitaw was the favorite for us!

Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We just love this place, specially their oyster. Also great place to go for Filipino cuisine. Dont miss their pata, pancit luglog and squid adobo, highly recommended!