“Tasty vegetarian food”

Corner Tree Cafe
Ranked #10 of 1,486 Restaurants in Makati
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Corner Tree Cafe is a Vegetarian / Vegan Cafe. We serve food from Asia to Africa, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas in a cosy intimate setting. We also offer good wines, local beers and some house cocktails. You don't have to be a vegetarian to enjoy our delicious food. In fact most of our customers are omnivores, but vegetarians will feel right at home here (we also serve some gluten-free dishes). To add to our regular menu, we have weekly specials sometimes inspired by current events or international days. Booking is advisable. Children welcome.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Found this place by pure coincidence! Cozy, clean, and all vegetarian. I had a dumpling with Harissa along with a glass of white wine and it was delicious.

francesca104, Owner at Corner Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Great to hear!!! Nice combination :-)

Reviewed 8 November 2017

We came to this place because while we walked along the main thoroughfare looking for the post office, i was looking for a bit shady place to rest in that time, I suggested to visit a restaurant since it was already late afternoon and was really hungry. We placed our order and chose our intended snack but it came out an early dinner.

I was informed that all organic ingredients carefully chosen for every menu. Yes we liked it. to my mind, it can be expensive here. the food were delicious and well presented but healthy food is very much appreciated than anything else taken in. We enjoyed our early dinner. We will come back again.

I will recommend this to my senior colleague next time they will be in Makati.

francesca104, Owner at Corner Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you very much for your review. Very happy you found us during your walk!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Corner Tree Café has been around for a long time but it's one of the best vegetarian restaurants in the metro, heck, it's a really good restaurant, period. I wouldn't eat here every day as it is pricey (and Green Bar is closer to my place) but they have a lot of options and a number of their signature items are excellent. I like their arroz ala cubana and I'm not even a huge fan of that dish. The nut roast is yummy too. Their bananoffee pie is the best I've ever had. Salted caramel chocolate torte looks heavenly. One thing that bugs me: I don't like their bathroom (unless it's changed since my last visit)

francesca104, Owner at Corner Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thanks for your review! So glad you like our food!

Not sure when your last visit was? But could you let me know specifically what you didn't like about the bathroom? Appreciate your feedback!!!

Thank you!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Tucked away along a busy street and under large beautiful trees, the Corner Tree Cafe is the perfect hideaway in the heart of Makati in Manila. My visit was at the peak of Manila’s treacherous summer season, and this was just the place to cool down and get my grub on.

The restaurant is very charming. It has two large windows in front, that let in just the right amount of light. The dark wood floors contrast nicely with the off white painted walls. I feel like if they played a little bit of live music, this could be the perfect spot for a romantic evening.

I was my own date for the evening, and the only one in the restaurant when I arrived. I admit I went at a time before the dinner rush would have started. The waiter came with the menu and poured a nice cool refreshing purified glass of water (free by the way).

When it came to ordering, there were so many things on the menu that looked appetizing. I decided, since it was just my second day in the Philippines, I would go as Filipino as I could.

For an appetizer, I ordered the vegetable lumpias. Similar to a spring roll, these are filled with all sorts of fresh vegetables. The sauce that accompanies it, is the perfect addition.

For my main course, I ordered Adsilog, the tofu version of a Filipino classic. It’s essentially an egg over rice, next to tomatoes and, some mildly spicy tofu. This was actually probably one of the most flavorful tofu dishes I’ve had. It’s light and fluffy on the inside, with a little bit of crisp and flavor on the outside.

Both of my plates were left clean. I would definitely come back here and try a few more dishes.

My only piece of feedback or criticism is that I wish the wait staff would smile. While I could tell they were eager to please, they were there to do strictly do their jobs. They were friendly, however, and like a said a very pleasant visit.

4/5 stars

francesca104, Owner at Corner Tree Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback! Glad you liked the cafe and food! And thank you for the reminder to smile :-)

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Finding a completely vegan/vegetarian place in the Philippines is a chore. And even if they "say" they're vegetarian/vegan, you can't be 100% sure that you're not getting a beef or chicken stock based soup. It's happened several times that we ordered a vegetarian salad, and got a salad with chicken, because really... Chicken is not meat, it's a bird. Right?

This place is a nice and cozy little restaurant in Makati with a full vegan/vegetarian menu. Very nice dishes, and pleasant service. Slightly more expensive than your average food in the Philippines (of course depending on where you're eating), but worth the try!
Warmly recommended.

Thank you so much for your feedback! Our food is slightly more expensive because we don't scrimp on good ingredients. We use organic vegetables, some organic dairy products, and ingredients like Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Dijon mustard, tahini...nuts! Nuts are super expensive ... but thank you for he recommendation!!! Very kind of you :-)