“My new Gold standard” 5 of 5 bubbles

Fairmont Makati
Ranked #2 of 80 Hotels in Makati
“My new Gold standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed overnight with family at the executive (Gold) floor.

Pros:
-Superlative service! It was my first time to stay, but the staff at the executive floor seemed to know who I was and greeted me by name. Check-in was a breeze at the Gold Lounge. Our party was promptly seated and offered refreshments of our choice.
-Every little request was accommodated with a smile. Staff were genuinely happy to be of service. While at the lounge, my grandmother asked me if I saw any mangoes being served. I didn't see any and said there were none. After two minutes, a staff member presented her with some. They must have overheard us taking as we didn't ask them directly.
-Food at the breakfast buffet and the executive lounge was of excellent quality and variety. Afternoon tea at the Writer's Bar was also great and of good value.
-The lounge itself was tastefully furnished, comfortable, and inviting. Even though it was the holiday season, we felt we had the place to ourselves.
-Lovely hot tub at the Willow Stream Spa. Again, not very crowded.
-Centrally located in the main business district. Walking distance to several malls, weekend markets, parks, museums, restaurants, bars, banks, convenience stores, a metro station. You name it!
-Le Labo bathroom amenities are a great touch.

Cons:
-Smallish pool.
-Rooms have so-so views.

Overall:
-Outstanding service
-Excellent location
-Great food
-Mediocre views

I've been spoiled rotten. I will now hold every other hotel to standards set by the Fairmont.

Room Tip: Book a room at the executive floor. Definitely worth the extra price.
  • Stayed December 2016, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear AurelianoBuendia3,

Thank you for your thorough review. It was a joy to read through your spirited and sincere comments. We are humbled by your kind and gracious compliments for our staff. I assure you that it was our pleasure to have had the chance to serve you. Indeed, we are quite proud of Fairmont Gold - our very own "hotel within a hotel" experience.

We hope to welcome you back soon, and for a longer visit next time.

Oliver Dudler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

we stayed here only for a night during a lay over going to Palawan. Hence we did not see most of the amenities, but i believe we saw enough to ensure that the hotel gets a fair rating. In short the hotel was perfect, there were no problems what so ever. Even better the breakfast restaurant had a hostess called Csarina, it can't get much classier than that ;-).
Even so there are two things i want to mention, first is outwith the management control the second isn't.
First, traffic in Manila is awful, it took us 90 minutes to get there from terminal 3. Second the uniform of the women working behind reception is perhaps a bit too revealing. While they certainly look stunning they are professionals doing a job who work in a 5 star hotel, not a strip club. They deserve better than be ogled by middle aged bald men like me. It is 2016, not 1970.

• Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear jadedexpat,

Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that you chose to stay with us for your short stint in Manila. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities that you had time to experience. We've taken note of your feedback regarding our Front Office staff uniform. We thank you for your feedback and assure you that the propriety of our colleagues are of utmost importance to us. We will look into where we can improve and thank you for your constructive feedback.

We hope to welcome you back soon, albeit for a longer visit next time.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm a business traveler and usually opt for a Hilton or IHG. Fairmont was recommended and here is my first hand experience of staying in this property for 5 days.

Airport Pickup: I had booked a hotel car, while most hotels had their people stand with name cards, which I know is not allowed by the airport authorities. Fairmont was one of the few to follow protocol, they provided me written instructions on the counter location and once I reached to the counter, the team tool care of the rest. I appreciate the ethics.

Check In: This was a pleasant surprise, I was escorted directly to my room and the lady simply did the check in formalities using a tablet. It was all done in 5 mins at most and I was already in my room. I hugely liked this.

Room: Spacious, with ample sun light. And it faces the pool with a city view. So yes, I loved it. The standard room is so well equipped with a modern bath and tub, for me, I liked working out of my room for a day.

Internet: Good wifi connectivity. The speed was acceptable and the connection did not drop. Most important for a business traveler.

Service: This differentiates them from the rest. The moment you walk in till you reach your room...everyday I was greeted with a loud and clear greet with happy faces. Every morning for breakfast @ Spectrum you are greeted by enthusiastic crew, the service at the pool bar is exceptional. To sum it, I don't need to waive my hand to get attention, they are always on their toes. To execute this day on day, is exceptional. Keep it up guys.

Food: I've had meals at Spectrum, pool bar and long bar. As I mentioned, am very impressed by their consistent service and attention to customer.
Spectrum: The breakfast spread is lavish, quality very good. And you end up binge eating. I've had a buffet lunch here and again a huge spread with quality and taste as king. Thumbs up for the dessert selection, gained few inches :-)
On ala carte, I ordered for a blue cheese burger. The experience was poor, I did bring it to the hotels attention and I trust they have taken heed to it.
Pool Bar: I had fish and chips with margarita, the bar tender was attending to me. Great energy, lots of suggestions and he wanted to get it right. The fish was crunchy and soft from inside and the margarita had the right amount salt on the rim.
Long bar: Had a couple of beers here. I respect local traditions but was uncomfortable sitting around piles of peanut shells (I was told it's a tradition to throw peanut shells around) all over the table, floor and sofa. No offence here folks, I would appreciate if the table can be cleaned up on request.

Amenities: I've used the gym which I think was clean, tidy and had all the equipment's for cardio and strength training. The instructor was attentive yet not intrusive.
Pool, is not very big. But it is very well maintained. More often than not, I would notice the cleaner cleaning every nook and corner of the pool late night.

At the end of my stay, Fairmont left a strong impression. A fellow business traveler staying same time had the same impression as we exchanged notes on our way to the airport. I recommend this place over several other properties in Manila/Makati.

Room Tip: There aren't any high floors, take a room which faces the beautiful pool
  • Stayed November 2016, travelled on business
      Location
2 Thank Dipayan_Nag
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stay dates: Dec 17 to 18, 2016
What we loved most were the luxurious bed, breakfast buffet, and the complimentary wine with snacks (surprise!) for our anniversary. What we didn't like were the elevator card readers not working which happened thrice. They apologized but I expected something more since it happened three times. Also, I was slightly disappointed that they did not reset our internet access immediately when I called that we extended our stay. We had to call to ask why the internet wasn't working and were told that the username was changed. Other than that, customer service, particularly at Spectrum, was first class.
This is our second stay at Fairmont, the first one was in July this year, service was impeccable then.

Stayed December 2016, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ianne F
Raffles and Fai... M, Hotel Manager at Fairmont Makati, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Dasya F,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear that your overall experience was satisfactory. Regarding the incidents you mentioned, we again would like to apologize for the malfunctioning card reader. We have since fixed this issue, and we thank you for your patience. We would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the internet service. We will certainly take your comments as valuable feedback that will help in our continuous efforts to improve our facilities and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Luxury at its finest. Large room with 2 queen beds and well kept. We stayed over a weekend. Staff are very friendly and always attending to our needs. Very near Glorietta Mall and Landmark Department Store with easy access to Greenbelt, SM and Rustans. Serene location despite being in the central business district.

Stayed December 2016, travelled with family
Dear Jay F,

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that we were able to provide you with sincere service. I assure you it is our pleasure to have been able to provide you with an oasis of calm in the heart of the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.