We had arrived in Manila at a rather awkward time, and headed to the hotel hoping they would offer to safekeep our luggage while we went to get some breakfast and walk around before we check in at about lunch time or so. We ended up reaching the hotel at 5.30am, and were pleasantly surprised when the person at the reception said he could make an exception (seeing how fatigued we looked after an uncomfortable 10-hour bus ride from Banaue on the Ohayami bus) and allow us to check in immediately, as he had exactly 3 vacant rooms available, just the right number for our group. Best of all, the early check in did not come with any additional charges, and he even apologised that the rooms were on different levels!
That set the tone for the rest of our experience with the hotel staff during our stay. The folks in the restaurant were generally friendly and responded to requests promptly. Most of the hotel employees we met greeted us with a smile. In the next morning, when asked a member of staff if he could open the door to the pool deck for us, he apologised profusely when he realised the door was still locked 15 minutes after the time it was supposed to be open (7am), and immediately called his colleague to bring the keys. The both of them went about this whole episode with the urgency of a minor emergency and we were on the pool deck within 5 minutes.
As the hotel was new, the place was also generally clean (with the exception of the water in the swimming pool) and everything were working well. The room was also comfortable, except that we were allocated a room on the second floor, which we suspected was a smoking floor as the corridor had the stink of tobacco (but we understood that for the early check in, we should be grateful to take whatever was available and were in no position to be fussy).
The location was also pretty good. The hotel was within a reasonable distance to the airport and to many places in the city. It was also a 5-minute walk to the SM Mall of Asia.
A couple of minor gripes however was that the hotel was very pushy about guests utilising the services of the "recommended transport/tour operator" when people asked for transport. We felt we were over-charged for the journey to the airport after our check out. Also, the front desk got very messy when busy, and they consequently forgot about their promise to help us with arrangements for transport to the volcano in Tagaytay, leaving us waiting in our room for an hour for their phone call which never came.
On the whole though, we felt positive about our stay in the hotel, and would consider returning if we went to Manila again. We would just make sure we made our own transport arrangements.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This economy class hotel is convenient to a myriad of popular tourist sites in Manila. The hotel offers 150 clean and comfortable rooms that are adorned with modern amenities such as chiropractic approved mattresses, color television and cable channels, window seating for relaxation, built-in desk and furniture and wireless Internet access. Guests will also find a restaurant and outdoor pool which offer a perfect place to relax after a long day of exploration. The Microtel Hotels & Resorts Mall of Asia is the perfect property for guests that want quaint accommodation in a prime location with signature Microtel quality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Manila/At Mall of Asia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Microtel Manila Mall Of Asia Hotel Pasay
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Manila/At Mall Of Asia Metro Manila/Pasay