“City Cafe Ambiance with surprisingly good Seafood”
Review of Cafe Tavera

Cafe Tavera
Ranked #16 of 526 Restaurants in Davao City
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Reviewed 11 November 2017

I thought that it was just a simple cafe but when I entered they were serving seafood various seafood pala. I ordered raw talaba with lemon. It was refreshing and delicious.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This is a superb restaurant for the family, an all occasion restaurant. They served excellent service, good food at a very reasonable price. They have a "sutukil" corner, where you got to choose fresh seafoods to be cook at your own liking. A place you wanna keep coming back and try all the dishes in the menu.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

We were very fortunate to have been invited for dinner at Cafe Tavera by friends while visiting Davao. Parking was no hassle as we were there early. Greated at the door courteously and seated quickly as they had made reservations. Given All Saints and All Souls Day public holidays, plenty of vacant tables. Menus were provided and drinks taken. We did not have to wait long for the food. We started with the Imbao - shell fish soup and it was delicious - really enjoyed it and was a truly unique experience for me. We then had the kinilaw, fresh with coconut cream, tasty and just right. We followed this with ginataang nangka, with salted fish. This was also delicious. Coupled with the specialty of the house - their seafood "dragon balls", original in presentation and taste - crunchy on the outside and soft seafoodmix balls, made this dining experience a delight. Topped off with the prawns cooked in salted egg sauce, truly excellent and yummy. Finished off with fresh steamed fish. We had a really great dinner with great company, good service and fresh fruit desert. Truly a dining experience with really delicious food worth a second or even a third visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Cafe Tavera is nice looking, clean, parking is available streetside and parking lot next door. However the restaurant is quite noisy, maybe because as others mentioned the tables are so close to each other, I could here the conversation going on in the other tables around us.
We were a family of about 10 occupying a long table so with the noise around, we couldn't have a decent conversation. We couldn't ask someone to pass the dish on the other end without raising your voice above the din.
So we ate fast and got out of there fast. It was almost stressful.
I like to have a nice dinner with pleasant conversation with family or friends..
Food was alright but I think I'll go elsewhere next time.

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

CAFÉ TAVERA

Loved the pathway leading to the entrance.
The Imbao soup of Café Tavera was the best one ever!

Their pickled green mango were so yummy, ,I actually asked for a 2nd serving. The taste was clean and pickled just right.

The Imbao was fresh, juicy & plump! Cooked in clear soup so I could appreciate its natural briny flavor.

Two more dishes I liked were: Winged Beans & Mushrooms in Coconut Milk and the Dragon Balls.

Must try.