“Great Buffet Experience!”

Vikings SM City Cebu Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 775 Restaurants in Cebu City
Price range: US$12 - US$18
Description: Vikings Luxury Buffet is a contemporary and stylish restaurant. At Vikings, we are redefining the concept of buffet by incorporating show kitchens in our dining area to show our guests how our professionally trained chefs prepare dishes beyond expectations.
Reviewed 25 June 2016

Cebu's newest buffet restaurant! Delicious, massive food offerings, accommodating staff and great service! Overwhelmed by the variety of food they have. Since they just newly opened, you really have to make a reservation. Because if you failed to, there will be no assurance if what time you can eat and indeed it will be a long wait. While dining, we took our time and enjoyed every moment. It was a great buffet experience. Will definitely be back with family and friends! :)

Reviewed 24 June 2016

I had been with other pricey buffet and I can say this is the best so far, for the fact that drinks is also unlimited. From juices to beer..lol
they have more variety than other buffet in cebu
Service is excellent, staff is very nice.My husband got some of the barbecue and complained that it' doesn't taste good when he took a bite, not knowing it was still raw. A staff approached us saying she had been looking for him to let him know the barbecue is half cooked. Realizing the mistake for it's bad taste we just laugh it off. The girl staff though went back with the chef offering to grill some for him, asked us if he was ok, and that they are concern of his health for eating it raw..my husband was a bit pissed when they were gone, saying he already told them he was ok, that they don't need to keep checking on him..but I know deep inside his just embarrassed..lol..for me, they're very nice
The experience should have been better if they have like a viking setting, hardwood tables, viking decor like your back in time, and more meat variety from EU

Reviewed 21 June 2016

if your are a monster eater and a buffet lover. Well, this place is for you. Viking luxury buffet recently opened their first branch in Cebu City at SM City last May 10, 2016. Nice place and the ambiance is splendor. A wide variety of food stations to choose from Asian cuisine to western and oriental food. Visibly the most sought after station is Japanese food. I love the wide range of juices they served at beverage station. Currently on the popular mode it is advisable to make a reservation rather than trying your luck for a walk-in. The waiting list is just to long and you might not be able to get in. Great place to celebrate birthdays too. Look out for promotions for special offer or discount on special occasions. Indeed, it was a great experience to EAT LIKE a VIKING.

Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

We celebrated my 6 year old son's birthday at Vikings in SM City Cebu last June 13. Tagged along my in-laws to bond on our son's special day.

I was so excited to try their steaks and soups. The STEAKS were FANTASTIC! Loved it! I also loved the nacho station! And the desserts! And the drinks! And the veggies in the Chinese station! And the newly fried shrimp tempura! And the hot tea!

The shabu-shabu may need a little improvement. I tried out the laksa and it didn't taste like laksa. It was delicious but definitely not laksa. I also tried the tom yum. It didn't taste like tom yum. More on a bland version of our local sinigang. I truly hope you could work on it.

The overall service was great. All the receptionists, managers, chefs and the waiters were very attentive and very pleasant.

I informed them about my son's birthday upon booking two weeks ahead and also when we arrived but my son wasn't given a cake to blow. This would have meant a whole lot for him.

We still thank the management. Overall, we had fun.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

+ Great service
+ Cleanliness and hygiene
+ Varied cuisine (Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, American and Italian)
+ Great location
+ Value for money(vs other buffet restaurants)
+ No time limit
+ There is a private 20pax room for special events.

- Asked for rating in TripAdvisor
- Some foods/desserts tasted "regular" for me (no distinguishable taste from those sold outside at much cheaper prices)

Since this restaurant is newly opened and Cebuanos love to be "in", expect long wait times just to be seated (rsvp is higly recommended). With the high number of diners, some dishes are not easily refilled or long queues. The ambiance is good with chatter and music competing to be heard.