“Their secret ingredient”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: Telephone + 63 32 254 4675. http://food.clickthecity.com/b/JN19443
Description: Telephone + 63 32 254 4675. http://food.clickthecity.com/b/JN19443
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Recently ate here while visiting Cebu City's Carbon Market. The place piqued my interest and I wanted to try their grub. I ordered ngo yong, a shrimp lumpia, some Chinese noodles and a bowl of porridge. I was wondering why it costs a good $0.50.

I soon figured out their special ingredient: a house fly.

Their staff did nothing but just look at me when I pointed out their secret spice. Not even apologetically. No form of apology was offered. PATHETIC.

They have a great strategy though: unmarked dishes and utensils.

Reviewed 15 January 2016

This is a Chinese restaurant that really taste as good as its sounds. Everyone should dine to it and see the difference.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

During one of my tours around Cebu and appreciating the heritage and culture, a friend tour guide told me that it is the original Lumpia house in Cebu.

Though it is still contested, this quaint eatery offers the best tasting Lumpia suited to the Cebuano taste.

1  Thank RubenLicera
Reviewed 11 January 2015

Cebu Lumpia House and Restaurant has a history with Cebu in which it was once a local favorite. Unfortunately as time passes, competition comes, management seems questionable, and now there are not that many locations. In the past, they had stalls in the malls, famous for their nghiong (fried rolls) and short order meals. This location in Colon, if I’m not mistaken is the original location. Definitely don’t expect anything fancy, in reality it gives off the ambiance of a working man’s place for short order meals.

If you are feeling sentimental or looking for a quick snack as you wander around downtown then take a look at this place, and try to get a sense of the history of what once was and what could still be.

As for the reviewer that disliked being overcharged for coke, please note prices on beverages will vary simply based on where you buy it from, Lumpia house is still a restaurant so its possible that the price will be higher than buying it from a "sari sari" store or street vendor. I too dislike being overcharged as a foreign looking person.

1  Thank cebuafterhours
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I was waiting for my wife to finish shopping so I stopped in for a coke. They charged me P16 for a 10 Oz coke that typically sells for P10-12 all over the city. I don't like being charged more because I am a foreigner! have not been back!!