Stayed here for two nights. Location is in the heart of the city, easy to go to nearby places. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty. Room is clean and spacious. Best location if you’re travelling for work in a budget.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
I really love the central location of this hotel. The Ayala Malls is just a walking distance away. With my room on the 16th floor, the busy street below is negligible. This hotel tends to be crowded with tourists though so expect the breakfast buffet in the restaurant to be a busy place.
We stayed in the this hotel for the first time and its really a nice hotel. The best things in the hotel are the following: 1. It is very near Ayala Mall. 2. The room is very spacious. 3. The breakfast buffet is awesome. 4. The food on the menu is delicious. 5. The hotel staff are very courteous and accommodating. The downsides are : 1. The wifi connection in the room sucks, we are on the 19th floor and the connection is very poor. 2. The cellphone signal is very poor, I bought my own broadband connection and still I am having difficulty finding a signal. 3. They do not have service water for the room, you have to buy the water for php50 for 1 liter bottled water, my advice, buy your own water outside or from the mall. 4. There is no mini-bar in the room, they have an empty fridge. Overall, its a nice hotel just across Ayala Mall.
The hotel's location is very strategic because it's a 5 minute walk to Ayala, and if you want to grab a taxi there are lots of them waiting outside the hotel, and the buffet breakfast was truly good! The rooms were cleaned properly too. The staff were friendly.
I stayed in the Mandarin Plaza Hotel from October 20, 2017 through October 23, 2017 in a room on the 11th floor.
Here are the best things about the hotel:
1. The rooms are quiet and there was no street noise at all.
2. The room was huge compared to other similarly priced rooms in Cebu City. The distance between the foot of the bed and the tv was nearly 10 feet. There was lots of room to move around.
3. The room was very clean, except for the fact that I had to kill 7 small roaches in the bathroom. I know it is the Philippines and an insects paradise, but every time I went into the bathroom, there was a roach at eye level.
4. The breakfast buffet included with the room is adequate and filling.
5. The best thing about the hotel is its close proximity to Ayala Mall which has everything you will need for your stay.
6. The room had an iron and a safe.
Here are some things that need work:
1. The front desk workers are professional but very cold and robotic. It is not a big deal, but having stayed at most of the nicer hotels in Cebu City, it is noticeable.
2. The breakfast buffet items often run out and are not replaced, leaving many of the trays open and empty.
My taxi on Friday night at 11 pm from the Cebu Airport to the hotel was 173 PHP (always insist on the meter). The driver was honest and did not try to get a flat rate or drive me around to make the fare go up.
It is a good hotel at a very reasonable rate. I will stay here again.
The last time I was here was due to a school event.
The receptionists are courteous and so as their marketing representative. Based on experience their crew are very polite. Their breakfast buffet is generously good and the chandeliers are very attractive.
One thing I will never forget about this Hotel is when the elevator will randomly open in a particular floor where you can see construction materials. I wonder why the elevator will randomly stop on that particular spot. This was also experienced by some of our friends and other guests. However, it was a fun though and we just didn't mind it.
This is just across Ayala Mall so you can just go shopping or unwind as well.