All reviews free breakfast ayala mall suite room top floor within walking distance room service mini bar hot water fridge gym wifi philippines toothbrushes tv taxi budget branch
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I picked this hotel primarily because it was near my nephews' house. It turned out that this was one of the best places to stay in Cebu City. Although it was not on the main road, transportation was no problem because there was a always a taxi waiting.
The front office staff were to be commended because they were always friendly and easy to talk to. I only made an overnight reservation but they pleasantly accommodated my additional two nights extension.
The room which was given to me was very nice, clean, quiet and relaxing. It has natural light with a nice view of the city.
Another good thing with this hotel was the set breakfast included. There was variety to choose from. The staff at the restaurant were also very efficient in serving even during the rush hour when all the tables were occupied.

Stayed: October 2017
Jade Marie D, General Manager at Cebu R Hotel - Mabolo, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear traveler, we appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can. If you're traveling to our area again soon, don't hesitate to call us. Take Care!

Reviewed 12 April 2018

This fairly new hotel should be 4 stars but if I could, I'd only give it 2.5 stars.

As usual in the Philippines, the big boss isn't around and so, despite the efforts of their valiant staff, some services are just plain bad. The employees are simply wonderful: it's just too bad and so sad that the owners don't treasure them. Singlehandedly and often under-resourced, they keep their hotel running efficiently!
The rooms are nice but only adequate. Not at all attractive aside from being clean, this hotel is worth staying in at the low end of the mid-range in hotel stays.

The upside?
The aircon is excellent, two little bottles of water a day is cool, TV channels easier to access than in most pinoy hotels in the Visayas, nice to have the little room refrigerator, and hot water in the showers fairly instant, an adequate little gym and great views of the city and sky from the 12th floor.

Downsides:
1. The internet sucks! Down much of the time, it's just so bad: if a guest cannot reliably get online at any time of the day, many guests just won't return. I won't!
2. The food from the restaurant on the 2nd floor is really bad for the western palate! On the first night I ordered a chicken dish and it was so overcooked I had to scrape off and throw out all the harsh-tasting nasty 'sauce.' The rice was dried out and barely edible. And by the look of the breakfast menu, it is the same mystery 'meat,' refined white flours and sugars, and drek for what is passed off as coffee. Most pinoy will eat this horrible stuff that is NOT their food at all. Just bad, bad!
3. The irritating chickens and dogs outside are hard to get away from, but a room on the west side of the building may be quieter. As revenge is ever in the mind of any 'offended' neighbour, a request for them to talk to the owners of the barking dogs produced no results.
4. The 'talking' elevator is simply annoying. Better to ensure the internet is working and not this dumb thing!
5. Instead of paying laundry hotel rates, take your dirty clothes to the nearby laundry shop a short distance from the hotel (28 pisos/kilo for 1 day service, double for same day)

I am not sure how to rate this place. It does a decent job on many things, but the downsides drag it down so low as to make it just more of the same in this country that relies more on sham than on substance!

Room Tip: West side may be quieter re. dogs barking below. Take a room at the top?
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Jade Marie D, General Manager at Cebu R Hotel - Mabolo, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Traveler, we appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience. We apologized for the shortcomings you experienced. Please rest assured we have addressed this with the team to ensure we improve on this. Thank you and we hope you give us another chance as we will definitely make it up to you.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Walkable to Ayala and Seaside SM Malls, possibly the two most important malls in Cebu city. This safe hotel is well run by accommodating friendly staff and rooms have all the necessities and are reasonably well appointed. The FLAW I mentioned (the flaw which made it that I did not renew my stay at this hotel and went on to a different one) is the AUTOMATIC DOOR CLOSERS which automatically make doors SLAM SO HARD and with such horrible noise that I got awaken so many times without anyone to blame. My most honest advice to management is to immediately dismantle such harmful devices (utterly useless anyway) and sell them on the second hand market. With the proceeds from such a sale, hotel can readily purchase a decent coffee machine to start serving decent coffee for breakfast (instead of the crappy "instant coffee" they are serving now). The hotel will thus become a far better hotel (and my rating would have shown it).

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Madjid A
Jade Marie D, General Manager at Cebu R Hotel - Mabolo, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Traveler, thank you for your feedback. We have personally addressed this with our maintenance team to ensure this won't happen again.We hope you give us another chance as we will definitely make it up to you.Take Care!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We booked one night at this hotel as it was relatively cheap. The check-in was smooth and we were given a clean room with a good shower. Dinner at the restaurant was fine, nothing special but not bad either. The beds are comfortable and the TV works fine, which was exceptional in comparison to other hotels we've been to!

However, around 1 AM we woke up to a ticking noise, probably from a leaking air con dripping fluid on another air con. This noise was so loud it was impossible to sleep. We asked the staff what was wrong and if they could make it stop, but there was nothing they did.

In general this hotel is nice, but I think that in a case like this they need to provide a better service and compensate their guests in some way (e.g. offer another room so we can actually sleep instead of staying up all night).

I'd have come back here if it were not for the ticking noise all night long.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Jade Marie D, General Manager at Cebu R Hotel - Mabolo, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

Dear Traveler, We apologize for this bad experience. We have personally addressed this with our maintenance to ensure this won't happen again. We hope you give us another chance as we will definitely make it up to you.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Good value for money. for only 1k, you have a superior room with two large beds. and breakfast, clean room and bathroom. Spacious room with cabinets Friendly staff, comfortable beds. They don’t provide tootbrush so you have to bring your own. Overall we are satisfied with our stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Jade Marie D, General Manager at Cebu R Hotel - Mabolo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

Dear Traveler, thank you for choosing us and for staying in our deluxe room. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcome you back in the hotel in the future. Take Care!