This is my partner and I second visit to Abaca (first time in April 2013).
Our reason for coming back was it was absolutely do-nothing-relaxation attitude with luxury.
All the resort staff, from housekeeping, to concierge and butler, to restaurant and poolside had the most positive and welcoming attitudes. They go out of their way to ensure that you are their valued customer. Very polite and accomodating.
9 rooms at this exclusive resort so it caters for a very small clientele. 3 types of rooms to choose from. A view with of the sea, a super-lux room with a view of the sea [no pool] and a garden villa with a pludge pool.
If you want some relaxing time in your room with a pool, choose a garden villa. If you want a view, choose the other rooms. Personally, the garden villa's have the best privacy as well so its the better option.
Minimal options at the restaurant, but the serving sizes are very generous. The chef can also cater for a custom meal if you know what you want. Ask for a custom crispy-pata or bagnet.
The spa area is beautiful but the treatment rooms are quite small. The therapists are very gentle and softly spoken and make you feel like royalty.
Bring a book or two to read between your swim and spa treatments. Also bring insect repellent. THE ONLY OTHERWISE MINOR ISSUE WAS THE MOSQUITOES. I WAS EATEN ALIVE WHEN I WASNT SMOTHERED IN SUNSCREEN OR IN THE POOL. The rooms seemed to be ok.
Abaca is my choice of residency when visiting Cebu; even with the hotly contested larger resorts nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island