“My Family Loved Staying in Beachfront Private Pool Villa !”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My wife and 2 children loved playing in our own private pool day and night.

Our villa over looked the beach and ocean while we were only steps away from the beach.

Our villa had 2 large LCD tvs in master bedroom and living room with another LCD tv in the en suite bath room which my wife watched while soaking in the bubble bath.

The beds are so comfy with luxurious sheets , pillows and soft duvet.

My girls played every day in the kids play club with the resort provided nannies ...who were so nice that my kids asked each morning to go the the kids club and play with them.

I am sorry my review is getting so lengthy but the staff are young , so kind and sincere.

The buffets made it so easy for everyone in my family to enjoy their meals with such a wide diversity of selections ....the desserts were so delicious.

This is a new resort with an enthusiastic staff who in some ways are still learning the nuances of an upscale resort ...but what they may lack in experience they make up for in a great attitude and caring spirit.

Try the villas and your family will thank you !

• Stayed: April 2011
49  Thank Hotelpatron
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

James

Write a ReviewReviews (3,926)

Reviewed 4 April 2011

I came out to Cebu with a group of friends from the US, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia, & Manila a few weeks ago & we had an awesome time! The staff was very friendly & hospitable. The rooms were spacious & the overall design of the resort was awesome! It's the perfect spot for a fun, chill getaway.

• Stayed: March 2011
47  Thank banj718

Reviewed 23 March 2011

This was my first trip to the Philippines, with the goal of relaxation and SCUBA. After staying at a 4 star hotel for 5 nights, getting some SCUBA in and researching about 5 or 6 5 star resorts, I selected the Crimson. The staff is unbelievibly professional and courteous, the food is great and the atmosphere is perfect. This resort is more for couples, kind of a romantic honeymoon place. There is absolutly everything and anything you would want to do on the property. The only trick is it is a new Resort and some of the cab drivers do not really know where it is. The lack of signs out on the road makes for a bit of an adventure, but the total security makes up for locating the Resort. And another big plus, is the Crimson is half the price of the other Resorts along this section of Mactan. I visited several and the Crimson is the one to stay at. As for the SCUBA diving....the Philippines is surounded by channels, not ocean. The currents are pretty strong on the wall dives and I recommend having a local dive master with you. There are several santuaries to snorkel and dive at that make up for the current......do not miss diveing the santuaries. The crews are set up to cook a GREAT meal on the boat between dives. I look forward to returning to this area soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
43  Thank riverguy2508

Reviewed 17 March 2011

i've been exprienced with other big hotels in other resort areas but when i got to crimson hotel. it gave me very different feeling from others. it had very cozy and unique feelings. my child loved the kids zone and swimming pool. they were just perfect for the family with young kids. all the facilties were in the center of the hotel, so it was easy to get around ( you don't get lost ho ho ho !!!) you have to go try fish feeding. whenever you drop some picecs of bread, a lot of fishes are getting closer and close to eat. you can almost grad the fish with you hands. it doesn't cost me, but it gave me and my kids great fun.
oh, now i remember, why they named the hotel " crimson" , one day when the sun was setting the sky was pretty red. i never seen the pretty red color like that not even in guam. the color of the sky was perfect match with the crimson color, just like the name of the hotel. at the breakfast, there was kimchi jun(kimchi pancake), i loved that, even my 7 years old boy liked it. he ate quite a bit.

Oh yes, must try island hopping. It was great and different.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
45  Thank moosoyoo

Reviewed 15 March 2011

We stayed at the Crimson Resort & Spa in late February 2011. There are very few negative things to say about this resort. The front desk service is exceptional. They upgraded us to a garden room. Our luggage and welcome drinks actually were already in the room by the time we arrived. The rooms are very nice and our bathroom had a 21-inch flat screen in it!!! Nice touch!! The showers are fantastic...rain showers! They have golf carts to drive you to the rooms much like they have at Plantation Bay on the other side of the island. The swimming pools are fantastic and so was the children's playground that was staffed with two very nice young girls who entertained our 2-yr old for an hour.

There's not many negative things to say about this hotel except....the location. It's so far away from everything and difficult to get a metered taxi out of the hotel. On average...about a 10-15 minute wait. This is not the fault of the hotel but an inconvenience otherwise. It's a fairly new resort and don't be surprised if the taxi drivers have never heard of it. We didn't come across a single driver who ever heard of the resort and had to show them how to get there. Also beware...the taxi drivers in Cebu are amongst the most dishonest I have ever come across in the Philippines. They are overcharging and pocketing the money when they are supposed to be using their meters by law.

The food prices also seemed quite outrageous. I travel around the world about 2 to 3 times a year, I stay at 5-star resorts occasionally and I know this is just part of the deal....however, the food prices in their restaurants exceeded any price I would have paid in my own country (Canada).

The resort kind of reminded me of Plantation Bay Resort (also on Mactan Island). If I had to choose either I would probably choose Plantation Bay. However, saying that....Crimson Resort is beautiful and I would also recommend this hotel as well.

We have been to Cebu many times. A tip for 1st timers: there are no natural beaches on Mactan Island. The island itself is not very big and reminds me of landfill. As a matter of fact, even the man-made beaches are very poor. If you are looking for nice beaches...Palawan & Boracay are the places to go!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
19  Thank Joe M

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about the service we provide inspired us to work even harder in delighting all our guests. Rest assured that our buffet prices are relatively cheaper compared to that in other resorts of the same quality.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
2.4 km away
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#15 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!