4,809 results
All reviews azure bar saffron cafe villa host plunge pool deluxe garden room foam party golf cart kids club beach area breakfast buffet beach front water sports island hopping jet ski cebu city activities resort
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Overall this is a great resort for anyone wanting to travel to Cebu. The location is close to the airport and has great views over the islands. The resort itself is fairly well maintained and the rooms very generous in size - although some of the internal layout design could have been better.

The best thing about Crimson is the staff. They are so friendly and willing to help. Every morning they greet you with a warm smile and every staff member greets you wherever they see you in the resort.

The food inside the resort was excellent and Chef Stefano was very helpful with menu suggestions and activity ideas.

One minor negative is the price of the Spa. Compared to spa's in Cebu City, it was far too expensive to use. A massage in town costs around PHP 400 whereas the resorts prices start at PHP 2500 (a big difference). Even with the cost of getting a taxi to town and back and the massage cost, it is still far cheaper than the resort.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Krupom
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear Krupom,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay at our resort. I have shared your wonderful comments regarding your meals with Chef Stefano and your excellent comments regarding the resort’s services, to the rest of our team. It will serve as an inspiration for us to ensure that our standards are maintained at all times. As for the price of services in our Aum Spa, it is relatively cheaper compared to services offered in spas of similar quality and category.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

inquries the reservation
they answer you anytime i mean even 3am they will answer and it will not pass a day that will not respound to your "Makulit" question to the details they answer you.

online reservation
even though they have online booking on their site, they will still entertain your servation thru email. they will give you the details and if you still have question they will answer you

upon arrival
-the all bell man are friendly they smile a lot
-the they will drive you (golfcart) to your room (deluxe garden room) they even will tour you a bit and the bell man that drive us is softspoken you know that the you will be well attend.

the room
-so spacious i love the room, the bed we slept so well
-clean as i always wanted to a resort/hotel
-well equip, tv, aircon and even the wifi is working greate

the bathroom
-love the bathroom so clean, well place of utilities
-bathtub is clean not a sign of pervious user
-u'll have 2 shampoo, 2 bodysoap,1 body lotion , 2 hand soap
-plus u'll have tv on the restroom

room & bathroom
-spacious
-well lighted
-well maintain

Pools
-love the layers of infinity pool from the 2feets, 3feets and 4/5feet
-lot of beach chair near the pool
-you can ask for warm towel (WARM TOWEL!! hehehe like it)

-one bad thing i notice is the floor of the pool is crack already, since the floor is like light blue or white you will see it specially when at night with all the lights on the pool is on.

Beach
-spacious also, if you want a beach wedding this is one place to consider.
-so clean and neat, i love it when the resort maintain and clean their beaches

-till 5PM :( , i usually go to the beach around 4pm so it is so sad especially when the beach is close on our last day there :(

the resto
-yummy food, well presented
-if you like buffet, they have a lot of food you will find and love. from american foods to asian foods
- the stuff is so frendly they will ask you after will how was it, and greet you always with a smile :)

-if you don't like buffet they also have menu you can choose but they can only offer you not much choices.
-buffet too pricy 1600 per head

the bar
-it is near the pool and beach so it is create to stay there have once drinks while watching the sun set.
-they also have different menu but can offer the same food on the resto.
-again the stuff is friendly and the time we have dinner there they have happy hours so we end up drinking.

over all
-we go there on the weekdays so not much crowded and for the 1st 2days we are the only local guest all most all was "ibang lahi" well execpt for the stuffs thats why we enjoy the place. it is not crowded, a lot things to do they have sport center, and they are making a badminton center.
-the place are still improving so im hoping for the time we came back they have all the renovation done ^_^

**the will only charge you per night not per day if your stay overnight.

Room Tip: Deluxe Garden Room for around 9k+ on the weekdays and 10k+ on the weekens
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank simplyelai
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Simplyelai,

I am delighted that you appreciate our service. We always endeavor to assist our guests even during reservation to the best of our abilities. I have passed on your excellent comments to our Reservations Department who will no doubt strive harder to maintain our standards.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

This resort is approximately an hour car ride from Cebu airport. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere. My only complaint is the room availability. We made a reservation for what we thought would be a room with 2 beds but instead had a room with one king size. Also, the layout of the room was a bit odd since the bathroom and hotel room are separated with this open window next to the tub. Even when you close it, you can hear everything that's going on in the bathroom. The service at this resort was the highlight as well as the sumptuous buffet. Good presentation, wide variety, and good quality. The staff at this hotel were very sweet. Apparently this resort is very popular particularly with loads of Koreans so our late check-out request was denied. Sigh... The grounds are beautiful and right next to the beach. Therefore, my only complaint would be the crowds and the unavailability of a room with 2 full/queen size beds.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JPofSD

Dear JPofSD,

I have noted your comments and I express regret at your dissatisfaction with regards to the room availability and car ride from the airport. Unfortunately, we can’t verify your reservation therefore we would not be able to check where the error had been made. As to the car ride to the resort, we are located 3 kilometers away or 10mins from the airport. For future bookings we recommend that you make your airport transfer arrangements with us.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

Airport Service – Prompt and they have very nice and friendly drivers. This came with our package.

Reception – took quite a while. They know our flight details and yet when we arrived our rooms were not ready yet. They acted as if they dont know that we have a reservation.

Rooms – rooms are nice BUT not clean. The room was dusty. there was dust everywhere. I even had to call the cleaning lady to mop the floor again specially behind the door where you can see the dust collecting. If they can't clean the floor properly, what else they can't maintain clean...

Bathroom – the design was nice. one portion is glass where you can open the wooden shades and you can see the room. Just don't ask me about cleanliness of the shower... There were molds everywhere. See photo.

Service – service in the restaurants were ok. not the best but acceptable. But if we are going to talk about the service in the pool are, then thats a different story. I asked for a towel from the pool boy, his answer was... "We ran out of towels, YOU can go to the gym and ask from there". Ran out? what kind of hotel runs out of towels? and ask me to go to the gym and get towels from there? Aren't they supposed to do that for their guest? By the way, after 10 seconds I left the counter, a Korean couple walked up and asked for towels. Voila... he gave the Koreans towels. I don't know what else to say...

Food – nothing to rave about... edible.

Pool – the pool is quite nice. It would be better if they can add more beach chairs.

Overall the stay was just ok. Nothing fancy. Just another resort. I wouldn't travel to Cebu just to stay in this resort. Maybe if I was in town and I have a few days to spare. But nah... don't think I'll be returning to this place.

I'd rather go to a place where Filipinos are treated the same way as the foreign tourist.

Room Tip: Which ever room you get just check if it's clean and the shower is not moldy.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kylesligh

Dear Kylesligh,

I have noted your comments and I express regret at your dissatisfaction regarding the cleanliness of your room. I have asked our Executive Housekeeper to personally oversee and ensure that this will not happen again. As to the incident with the towels rest assured that we are committed to high-quality customer service and will not tolerate this type of behavior. Our Sports and Leisure Manager is looking into this matter.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Definitely an unforgettable experience for me and my wife! I was a hotelier and most of my work entailed customer service and whenever I travel, I am really very critical when it comes to service. I must say that Crimson surpassed my high standards. Their staff are well trained and very professoinal. I was there to compete for the Ironman event, but 2 days before my big day my wife got sick and there were chances that she couldn't see me race. So I called up the front desk and ask for help, they sent a nurse to check on my wife a gave medication. What impressed me was they call every now and then to check on how my wife was doing... Now that's what I call personalized service! And guess what? My wife was up and running on race day! Hey by the way the place really looks good and is world class : )

• Stayed: August 2012
4  Thank Richmacapagal

Dear Richmacapagal,

My team and I are delighted that you and your wife had an unforgettable stay at our resort. We are grateful for the excellent comments you have shared regarding the services you have received. It is always our goal to ensure that our guests remain comfortable at all times.