US$69
Hotels.com
US$18
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$45
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$55/night.

US$46
US$22
Agoda.com
Dee Guesthouse(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$14
Priceline
Haruhay Dream Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$26
  • Pool
AlGabe Serviced Apartments(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$28
Agoda.com
Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
US$168
  • Pool
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$79
3,936 results
All reviewsocean wingcowrie covechi spaadventure zonetides restaurantocean club loungebuko barfish foodmarine sanctuarychinese restaurantmini golfprivate beachfish feedingtropical fishbreakfast buffetwhite sand beachhong kong
Reviewed 2 June 2017

My family and I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights at Shangri-La Mactan for the first time to celebrate my husband's birthday. We were booked in a different resort but due our friends' insistence, we had to cancel that booking. This is the premise of my family's high expectation on high quality service for a Shang because they even paid for our hotel stays to convince us to try it and promises that Shang will never fail us.

Arrival

Being first-timers in Mactan, more so, The Shangri-La Resorts, good that they greeted us a warm welcome and directed us to the front desk. The FO was not so accommodating to our questions specially when we're asking for the resort map or whereabouts, what-to-do's, etc.; she did not even directed us to where the elevator was (to go our designated room). I've been to resorts and hotels here and abroad, I think it's proper to show your guests the way towards their rooms or endorse them to the bell man. All she was telling us is download and refer to the resort map! Do not assume that all your guests are a regular to this hotel.

Room

The room is great with living area and 2 queen-sized bed. We booked this because we have 2 teenagers sharing bed with us. Shang insisted for us to get 2 extra-beds (with breakfasts and payment for amenities). I was thinking, that's why I booked this room so we can fit in and just pay extras for the breakfasts. How can you fit 2 extra beds with 2 queen beds??? Well, I knew of a family of five (all adults) stayed there in a standard room and never paid the extras ($100/pax for 3d2n), not even the breakfasts!!! How they'd do that?

The first thing I did was to place all our water bottles in the fridge, lo and behold, there's an opened can of soda! I immediately called their attention because I don't want to be charged by the things we never consumed. By this time, I'm not a happy-stayer anymore. My husband just ask the room attendants about where-to-go, what-to-do, etc. Good thing the room service guys are so accommodating and even brought us extra water and slippers.

Beds are comfortable and so are the pillows. Bathroom amenities are great, they are abundant in towels, bath mat and tissues. The turn down service is just normal - free bookmark, more water bottles but no sweets or so, not even a personal note form the manager.

Resort

The resort is great, every part of it is picture perfect - lovely landscape, white sand, nice beach shore, clean pools and people greeted us everywhere. They have free snorkeling activity where you can feed the fishes, which our kids really enjoyed.

Cowrie Cove

We reserved early (as soon as they opened) for us to grab a nice area near the waters. At 8pm we're there and no seats available near the open area? That's what reservations are for, right?! I don't want to spoil the lovely night, we just settled near the entrance and ordered a seafood platter good for 4pax. While we were eating, I noticed that we are lacking the lobster in the platter, instead my husband was eating little squid HEADS!!! We called the server and told her our disappointment, she asked us if we were informed that lobster is not available that night. First, NO we were not informed, because if we were, we could have opted to order a different dish. Second, so you will give us squid heads in exchange for the pricey lobster?!?! Third, we asked if they will charge us a lesser price for it and the answer was no. Good thing my hubby was still in the middle of finishing the squid heads since me and my kids don't want to eat them, the server saw the remnants of it in our platter.

Well, they felt sorry about it and gave us more prawns and scallops. They also gave us free mini desserts for my husband's birthday.

Breakfast

Shangri-La breakfast is an extra ordinary experience. Lot of food/cuisine varieties from Japanese, Korean, Chinese, American, European and of course our very own. Small kids would really enjoy the kids' corner, their own buffet selection. We enjoyed the fruits, bread, egg station and most of all - ice cream for breakfast! How's that? We enjoyed it very much.

Concierge

How can a prestigious hotel cannot offer a free shuttle to a very near airport of Mactan? We booked for a shuttle for Php200/pax the night before but the attendant said we can also flag down a taxi or Grab/Uber.

Check Out

We settled our bill on our last night which I find very convenient. Check out was a breeze! Well, I'm ready to go home anyway.

Disclaimer:

We made it a point that these experiences in this hotel/trip would never spoil our family time. Yes, we did enjoy our family moments apart from the not-so-good experiences of high expectations/promises our friends hoped us to experience.

Room Tip: Family room with 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank purpleroyale
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Dear purpleroyale,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

It is disappointing to know that we were not able to meet your expectation during your stay with us. The issues you have pointed out are of concern to me as they do not reflect the true Shangri-La experience; we have been remiss in some areas and I will be following up on these with my team. If there is anything else you wish to share, please email me directly at rene.egle@shangri-la.com.

Thank you though for appreciating our breakfast buffet and tropical seascape, and I sincerely hope you will allow us to delight you again should you visit Mactan in the future.

Truly yours,

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Check-in is good and welcoming, rooms are pleasant and there are pleasant views from most of them. The lobby and bar area are well appointed and gardens and beach area beautiful. Staff are very helpful and always smiling and eager to please. I just have one major problem, and that's with breakfast. There are two places on offer but at weekends both are full. Each morning crowds lined up for a table and we were actually turned away one Sunday morning as they would be closing before we'd even been seated! It's full, noisy and unpleasant. Food is good when you can get to it and very much of it is Korean. The other restaurants offer good food at lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Zojanahage,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

I appreciate your kind remarks about our rooms, resort grounds, the beach, and the staff. However, I’m deeply concerned to read of the issues you’ve raised about our breakfast as they don’t reflect the true Shangri-La hospitality, and I wish to assure you that I’ll be looking into this with my team. Please know that the shortfalls in service you experienced were the exception, not the norm.

Having said that, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and to delight you with an exceptional stay next time.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

we have been consistently a Shangrila Hotel customer. We make sure we stay at the Shangrila in the countries we go to. In Cebu Philippines Shangrila Mactan is undoubtedly our kind of paradise. very relaxing, gives us the calmness we need to recharge. amazing staff, awesome location and superb facilities. we just love it! we have stayed at the Shangrila Mactan for more than 5 times! we are loyal coz they have been consistent with their awesome services. truly our money's worth. More Power!

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
Shangri-LaResortCebu, General Manager at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear lanieusebio,

Wonderful remarks like this never fail to paint a smile on our faces!

Thank you for your lovely words about our staff, they are what makes the Shangri-La experience one-of-a-kind! We are truly delighted that you have found paradise with us, and I hope you come back for more. Our tranquil haven will be waiting for your next return. In the meantime, follow us on Instagram @shangrilamactan for more sunny snaps of the beach.

All the best,

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Its a perfect place to unwind and relax with family enjoying the hotel accomodation and facilities. With accomodating and nice hotel staff, you will feel welcomed. The hotel restaurants offer international cuisines that made us enjoy our sumptuous meal. The place is very clean and serene. You will enjoy a simple paradise that you can recommend to your relatives and friends without hesitation.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Dear Alexander L,

Welcome home! The resort is indeed a tropical oasis for those who want to enjoy a few days in paradise. I’m happy to know your family had a lovely time with us, and that you have experienced our trademark Shangri-La hospitality, one that welcomes each guest as part of our family.

Our idyllic paradise will be waiting for your next return. Do visit us again for another serene and heartwarming holiday. I hope to see you soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

I have frequently visit Shangri-la Mactan for the food but it was my first time to stay overnight. I loved the view from the room's veranda it was overlooking the resort and sea. It's a luxurious hotel but the pool area is smaller than I expected. However, the sea is a great place to chill, relax, stroll, or swim around. The food is the best thing in Shangri-la for me because every cuisine is tasty except for the cocktails served in the bar near the seashore. The mango fruit shake I had was bland and not ripe. The room has complete amenites - WiFi is fast, toiletries are complete, bathrobes, towels, slippers, and complimentary water. I'd love to comeback and swim in their pool and beach, I was not able to bring extra clothes. Probably next time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends

Dear CPee16,

Lovely review – I’m beyond thrilled to know you had a splendid time in the resort!

Thank you for your excellent remarks about our beach, room, facilities and tasty fare. It’s always our pleasure to serve good food on every guest’s plate, and I’m glad you have high praise for our cuisines. We appreciate your feedback on our cocktails and mango shake; rest assured I will communicate this with the team.

As they say, there is never enough time when in paradise, and I do hope you come back and stay a little longer – there are still so many exciting activities to do, flavorful cuisines to try, and magnificent views to take in. See you!

All the best,