Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$43
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$60
Priceline
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$56
Priceline
Dee Guesthouse(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$9
Trip.com
US$46
US$22
Agoda.com
Haruhay Dream Resort(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$237
US$272
Shangri-La.com
2,727 results
All reviewsibiza beach clubmovenpick hotelsails restaurantchurrascothe executive loungebedroom suitemactan islandprivate beachocean viewbreakfast buffetnice beacha bit priceyupon checkisland hoppingchopardjerryforum
Reviewed 9 February 2016

Worth the money, but food in resort is relatively expensive. Prices should be inclusive of VAT per BIR ruling.
Staff are the assets to this resort - very friendly and accommodating.
Flies inside the restaurant should be addressed though.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
HRainfroy, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear sonny_de_guzman,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have you at Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu. We are pleased to know that we are worth the value you paid.

We have taken notes of your other comments. Trust that we shall take this into consideration and do necessary procedures to address such matter.

Thank you as well for commending our dedicated staff, our great asset who consistently extend their warm hospitality for guests' satisfaction.

We look forward to have you with us again soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

The staffs are friendly. The Ibiza bar is very nice too. However, the condition of the rooms definitely need some improvement. We booked about 15 rooms for our guests for our wedding and all we heard were negative comments. Room condition is pretty outdated considering the price we paid. I think the resort was operated by Hilton previously and Mövenpick took it over. There were stains on the mirrors, tv was not working, toilet was broken, bathroom conditions wasn't great, and all kinds of complaints. I also noticed that the housekeeping picked up the towel I put on the floor and put it back to the rack. For a five star resort, I would expect them to at very least refill the shower gel/shampoo and provide new towels daily. After numerous complaints, Mövenpick gave us some vouchers. And we had to give it away since we were leaving. They also mentioned giving back some credits on the final bill of all the rooms we paid for but it never happened. I would definitely recommend Shangri La over Mövenpick. You can get much more with little price difference.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine L
HRainfroy, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dear Jasmine L,

Thank you so much for taking time to post a review here on TripAdvisor following your stay at the hotel. We understand you had some concerns and we have discussed them thoroughly with our team.

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this had caused you and already shared your comment to the team resolutions on future cases to avoid such matter from recurring.

Thank you once again, and please feel free to email me at Harold.Rainfroy@movenpick.com should you give us another opportunity to provide you a more remarkable service on your next visit here in Cebu, so I could personally oversee your booking arrangements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2016

I would like to share with you our traumatic experience in our stay at the Movenpick Hotel Mactan .

On the eve of February 2, 2016, between 930-10pm, while my wife and I were resting in our room, room 407, we heard a fire alarm for several minutes and at the same time the paging system there were several announcement instructing us to leave the room immediately, my wife tried several times to contact the front desk office but it was just ringing that added up our fear, we left the room and there were 2 foreign couple also in the hallway of the fourth floor looking worried and confused, we waited for awhile thinking that a hotel security of staff will arrive to assist us unfortunately no one came. We decided to take the emergency exit went down until we reach the 2nd floor we attempted to open the exit door but we cannot open and we decided to take another floor we saw just saw walls there were no signs on the emergency exit to direct us to the exit, the couple ahead us made a signed to return back once we reach the third floor we saw the door open we entered and saw a hotel staff and ask her about a fire she replied that it was a false alarm. I went to the front office to inform the duty manager about the we experience and ask why no one assisted or guide nor an announcement on the paging system about the error mistake. My wife, has a heart ailment was trembling in fear during the ordeal. When she was with me at the front desk lobby she rested for a while given a glass of water she was a bit calm down and a nurse came to take her blood pressure. I requested the duty manger at that time for an explanation why no one came to assist us and he just told us that it was a false alarm and there is a duty security aside every 2 floors but how come the security personnel fail to come to aid us despite sufficient time. In the morning, again, no one from the hotel mangement bother to check my wife condition, I have to call the attention of the front desk officer that I must talk to the manager, A front desk manger arrive again he told it was just a false alarm and offer us a free diner i found it adding insult to injury. I requested for the incident report and medical record of my wife but they did not give me a copy. I told them I will report this incident to the police, about 15 mns a lady called me up that the general manager wanted to meet me. At 6pm I met him and I repeated my complaint and he just said he was sorry and ii was a false alarm, I ask for a concrete action from them to compensation our harrowing expereince on that night and i will seek legal remedy and he said that I go to court and file case against them. I told them the meeting is over I went outside of the hotel look for a police and I saw two and reported the incident to them, they accompanied me to the security office of the hotel to get the report but the hotel refuse. I proceeded to the police precint to report and file the complaint.

Should plan to stay at movenpick hotel mactan...THINK TWICE!!!!!

8  Thank Dean R

Dear Dean R,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We understand your points of concern, which we personally communicate with you and sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations. Nevertheless, we have noted all the concerns and done necessary actions to address these accordingly.

Once again, thank you and please feel free to email me at Harold.Rainfroy@movenpick.com should you give us another opportunity to provide you a more remarkable service on your next visit here in Cebu, so I could personally oversee your booking arrangements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

It doesn't get much better than this place. A secluded private style luxury resort located on mactan island of Sebu. With a large swimming pool and private beach, lots of gardens and palms great for photos, 3 onsite restaurants and bars, a unique long walk jetti down to the main restaurant and bar on the water, as well as impressive comfortable rooms.
There is an onsite shop with souvenirs, clothing, knickknacks, toiletries, snacks etc. As well as the signature movenpick coffee machine and chocolate sampling hour daily. Happy hour 4-5:30, recommend making use of this as drinks are not cheap, nor are the restaurants for most menu items though some items are priced reasonably ok. The only other real negative is not a lot within short walking distance in terms of restaurant options, however we had a fabulous time here for 5 days and nights

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
MoevenpickHotelCebu, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2016

Dear Benjamin L,

Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful experience with us at Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu. We are glad to know that you had a fabulous time for five days with us. The entire team will be delighted to hear such great remarks. Feedback is an important factor in keeping us aligned with our goal of meeting guests expectations.

On another hand, we have taken note of your pricing concerns. Pricing is aligned with other hotels in Mactan with similar standards. Still, we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. This shall be included in future discussion with the whole team.

We look forward to your next visit to provide you with another wonderful stay experience.

Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

We thought that the pictures and reviews were enough but actually, is not as it says!! Believe me when I tell you this is not 5 stars, does not worth the try
Rooms are poorly done, the bed is weirdly folded. not clean at all, people and attention was regular... Just some of them were kind to us ...
Only the food is good, but overpriced
Would never go back, wouldn't recommend to any one

1  Thank Paola A

Dear Paola A,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was our pleasure to have you at Mövenpick Hotel Mactan Island Cebu.

We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered during your stay. Rest assured your concerns have been noted and that corrective actions are being taken. We would appreciate if you could email us directly at Harold.Rainfroy@movenpick.com for the details of your stay. Your valued feedback will be a great tool to ensure the highest level of service and satisfaction that we strive to uphold will be achieved.

Thank you and we hope to see you back in the resort.