All reviews great advice answer any questions nice garden beautiful city walking distance allot romania backpackers backyard sibiu accommodation
Reviewed 22 February 2018

Nice building with garden and patio in quiet district. Friendly atmosphere. Good choice for cheap accomodation in Timisoara. Stuff was quite a helpful. They also offer welcome schock for free. Hostel doesn´t offer a breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The rooms are Great and decoration is funny. An amazing backyard and garden with places to sit and chill. People are nice and the cat is funny. Pitty it is not that central but around 15/20min walking.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017

The Hostel itself is great, staff is friendly and relaxed. But at the moment there is a terrible bed bug infestation! It is in all bed rooms and the living area. I ended up with more than 80 horribly itchy bites (counted!) within 2 nights. In our group most people got at least one bite. I know for sure that it's bed bugs as I have managed to see and kill one. I have informed staff and they promised to call pest control the next day, at the same time they accepted new clients. What I found annoying is that the staff knew about the bed bug problem, but neither warned us, nor believed me in the beginning that I was bitten by bed bugs! I just hope they take that problem serious, because there are not one or two bugs, all rooms are flooded with them!! My entire body looks like a itchy battlefield. If you think about going there at the moment, don't, unless you want to be a guinea pig whether they have gotten rid of the bugs!! This problem has to be dealt with properly with multiple fumigations. Not telling customers about a full scale infestation is not the way to get more customers!

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 728rome
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We spent our last night in Romania at the Hostel Costel, after meeting one of its owners in the Reteza mountains.
The hostel is lovely, super clean, very arty and invites for interaction between the guests. I loved the stickers and decorative details around the Hostel and the side choice of shampoos and conditioners in the bathroom. Nice touch to have one bathroom for boys and one for girls!
I also loved the feel of the building and the super nice garden - makes me wish i had spent more time there! Thank you again Spiri for all your kindness and tips on visiting transylvanian Romania and Sibiu in particular :)

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed in Spiris (I hope I spelt it right haha) new hostel which was in the center of town! Great location, walking distance to many great places to eat and drink great starting spot to explore the beautiful city that is Timisoara! The bed was very comfortable everything was nice and clean, couldn't fault the room if I tried, it has everything a backpacker needs :) Spiri offered allot of great advice from where to eat drink party and hang out! Was always there to answer any questions, was friendly and very accommodating. We also went to hostel Costel for a few drinks with Spiri because the new hostel was not completely finished and he wanted us to have a more social vibe. 5 stars great guy!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple