US$93
US$78
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Vega Hotel & Convention Center(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$40
  • Restaurant
Novotel Moscow City(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$79
Novotel
  • Restaurant
AZIMUT Hotel Tulskaya Moscow(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$37
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$47/night.

US$135
US$110
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

US$173
US$163
Agoda.com
US$186
US$180
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$242/night.

US$186
Mercure
  • Restaurant
Novotel Moscow Centre(Moscow)(Great Value!)
US$65
TripAdvisor
US$277
US$240
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$283/night.

1,182 results
All reviewsacross the riverred squarest basilsred caviarbeautiful hotelmoskva riverother star hotelskremlin viewperfect locationbreakfast buffet isbusiness tripfive minute walkroom was spaciousan upgraderooms are bigmetro stationconcierge
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here before and loved it. So we decided to give it a go again.
Booking and check-in was quick and easy.
As a black member I got a double upgrade and we ended up in the Presidential Suite which was a real treat.
The suite was spacious and well equipped with everything we needed.
The champagne and fruit bowl were much appreciated to start a wonderful few days in Moscow.
The best was the fantastic view over Red Square and the Kremlin with the Moskva River in front - just fantastic.
The service is very attentive and the breakfast is great with lots of local specialties.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

This Is the sort of Hotel that I would normally expect to be giving four or five stars. There are many really good things about this hotel like the fantastic location, friendliness of the staff and wonderful breakfast. The rooms are comfortable and quiet as well. However I have given it much fewer stars as I was very let down by a couple of things which I have come to expect from international hotels.

Firstly the water here from the taps is not drinking water. I know this from previous stays in Russia - but there is nothing about this written by the taps etc. No warning even though this should be in place or people will get ill from cleaning their teeth with this water. So I phoned reception to check and indeed they said it is definitely not drinking water. They only provide a tiny bottle of drinking water (one small glass) and no more so you have to either spend money on their EXTORTIONATEly priced water to buy or walk a mile to the nearest supermarket. They do not even provide an extra bottle for teeth cleaning. At more than £180 per night this is not what I expect! Everybody knows that people should drink at least a litre a day so this should be provided!

Secondly they provide no tea or coffee making facilities in rooms or anywhere for guests, so you are left with no choice than to try to order a cup of tea from room service which will take at least 45 minutes to arrive. This is not good enough and again not what I expect for such a high price. This is not my expectation of an international hotel.

I would have given it two stars but for the good things that I’ve mentioned at the top of this review. Furthermore when it was my birthday they very kindly bought me a plate of fruit and chocolate which was extremely sweet of them. So I upgraded this to 3 stars.

It is frustrating that the things I have complained about on this review are so so easy to them to fix and they don’t.

This leaves a guest with the feeling that the hotel management are being very grabby and trying to get money out of their guests at every possible opportunity. Come on hotel pub Kempinski, this is not Easy Jet and at this price we expect clearly marked non-drinking water, at least a litre per person of drinking water (2L I’d suggest) and tea and coffee in the rooms or available when requested from reception.

When I called about this I was told they might be able to lend me a kettle. Hmm. Another mle ling walk to the supermarket then?! Just what you want when spending £180 and busy with a business trip...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Kempinski-Baltschug, Генеральный директор at Hotel Baltschug Kempinski Moscow, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Harriet A,

Thank you so much for providing your valuable feedback to us.

First of all, we are very grateful for your high assessment of the hotel's location, friendliness of the staff and breakfast.

We regret to hear that you were disappointed with the information you received on water quality.

Let us please kindly highlight that Moscow tap water is absolutely safe for cleaning teeth or drinking. Water quality and compliance to sanitary norms are being strictly monitored by official state control. Russian Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing (Rospotrebnadzor) regularly tests tap water and reports it is safe to drink. You will not get any infection if you drink tap water, but since tap water does not have premium drinking quality it is better to use bottled water.

Indeed we provide tea or coffee making for all guests upon request. Let us please also kindly highlight that complimentary 0,5 l bottles of still mineral water in rooms are replenished daily in compliance with top international standards, and all rooms are equipped with minibars with extra possibility to purchase water.

Thank you so much for your kind understanding, and we hope to have a chance of welcoming you again at the hotel soon.

With kindest regards,

Oliver Eller

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Kempinski hotels continue to provide great stays across different locations! Baltschug location across from Red Square, window overlooking the Moscow river and fully renovated rooms made for an ideal stay over three days. Early check-in as requested was made possible and local experience at Cafe Kranzler was worth it. Would like to call out Valeria Danilova in customer service and Pavel at front door for awesome service and support through the stay.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the river
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Fantastic from the minute we arrived to the minute we left.
We booked a Delux room over looking red square and it was amazing and worth every penny.
Want to go back, stayed for 3 nights but needed 5 to get everything done.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The hotel is so convenient and just walking distance to the best attractions Moscow can offer. I recommend this hotel, as they are very friendly. Although I stayed only for one night I met this wonderful lady at the restaurant while I was having breakfast . I found interest on a Matroyshka doll displayed at the breakfast area and a very friendly lady Ilyana , I think she is a chef ( with her uniform) took the time to explain to me about the doll and its significance to the Russian culture , and gave me tips on where would be the best place to buy souvenirs . She made me feel really good as she was very good natured. She went beyond to make a guest feel important. Good job to her.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business