Lowest prices for your stay
US$128
Hotels.com
US$128
Etrip
US$52
Booking.comUS$90
PricelineUS$59
TravelocityUS$128
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Generally overall a good hotel. Easy walk to kremlin ,bolshoi theater and several restaurants. Only criticism is the noise from a nearby nightclub on Friday and Saturday nights till early hours. At breakfast can request different coffees than drip coffee and various egg preparations from scrambled served at buffet. Taxis can take 15 minutes to come after requested but aren't expensive (side note:avoid clean white taxis. I accepted one when told the fare was metered but got ripped off on the drop fee of $60!!generally yellow or grey taxis cost $9 for short journeys). Found moscowvites and Russians generally friendly and helpful. English widely spoken especially the younger generation. Propaganda against a Russian trip to be ignored.

Date of stay: August 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank trevor l
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comment regarding your stay with us, here at the Hotel Peter I.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything was at the level of your expectations.
Peter I Hotel is situated in the centre of Moscow, and Moscow is a city with a full of live, and sometimes we aren’t able to control the noise in the street.
We hope to see you again in the near future!

With best regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Although it has the best location and is a nice hotel, it lacks the "wow" factor that it could easily have. The rooms are good, the restaurant is good, the service is average, although everyone seems to be just doing a job, no more, no less; it is a pity that with the excellent location and facilities they do not go a bit further to make the customer feel great. Having said this, I would probably go back.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback relating to your recent stay with us.
We are happy to know that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our location, room and overall stay.
I am really sorry that you found our service less efficient and attentive.
We are constantly training our staff to provide great service for our guests.
I believe we will be able to meet your expectations during your next visits of our hotel and will make your stay pleasant and comfortable.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Moscow.

With best regards,

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The location is great, a short walk to all of the main attractions (I think it was about 12 minutes max to Red Square). The area is nice with lots of restaurants and shops- it had a nice feel to it. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They were so friendly. I wasn't expecting such a warm welcome in Russia but I have to say everyone we dealt with was extremely nice. Check in was easy and the front desk arranged a taxi for us to the airport when we were leaving too (although just to warn you if you are flying from Domodedovo Airport you might be best to get a taxi to Paveletsky train station and get a train to the airport instead to avoid traffic... the traffic is pretty bad getting out of Moscow! The train only cost €8ish and took 35minutes- a better option, Paveletsky train station was about 15-20 minutes from the hotel in bad traffic). Breakfast was included and there was a decent selection. We didn't get to use the swimming pool in the hotel but it looked lovely. Our room was big and immaculately clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would gladly stay here again if I revisited Moscow.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your stay with us at the IPeter I Hotel and for posting your feedback.
We were of course very happy to read that you enjoyed every minute of your time spent with us and that our colleagues looked after you well.
Please keep us informed about your stays with us and we will keep moving forward.
You can still find the best offers on our official website in your next visit to our city.

From the heart of Moscow and from our entire team we extend our warmest regards.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Centrally situated, very convenient, really nice rooms, good and plentiful buffet breakfast, comfortable bed, good bathroom and shower. Nothing to dislike.
We ate in the restaurant on the first night - decent enough (in the same room as breakfast is served), but NO wine available. No drinks at bar either, other than beer and soft drinks/coffee! Very odd! Have they not got a licence, or have they not bribed the right people?
This quibble aside, we enjoyed the hotel and would probably stay again if we ever revisited Moscow.

Room tip: We had a rear room - pretty quiet.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your detailed review. We always highly appreciate our guest’s opinion and constantly working on improvement of our service. We will take a note of all suggestions you have made and will be looking forward to offer you excellent service during your next visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Was there August 2014, chose it for it's location, price and good reviews on trip advisor. Quite nice hotel, well located, rooms as expected for a 4 star, Breakfast adequate but not great, staff NEVER smile...but you get that all over Moscow (must be the unhappiest people on earth!). Tried the restaurant right next door, BIG MISTAKE. never again. Was unfriendly, unhelpful and just downright rude (not the fault of the hotel) a better choice was the Vogue restaurant about 1 minute further down the street on the same side. Hotel is very well placed and you can walk to many of the top sites in the city. Hotel staff, apart from the breakfast staff, were a mixture of unsmiling efficiency to just plain ordinary. Tip...don't leave your second room key in the 'slot' to keep the air conditioning going while you are out, the room service maid will take it and you have to get a new one. Sure, you have to leave a deposit to get the mini bar unlocked but what is the difference between doing this or giving a credit card impression when checking in as all western hotels require? Over all was a pleasant experience and would stay there again if ever I returned to Moscow. One last thing, traffic in Moscow is very heavy all the time but leaving for the airport is hell bumper to bumper for mile after mile all the way to the airport and when you get there it is utter CHAOS! Would definitely turn you off returning.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank birdman974
Ksenia M, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Peter I Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback relating to your recent stay with us.
We are happy to know that we met your expectations and you enjoyed our location.

I am very sorry that you were not fully satisfied with your recent stay and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to make a very favorable impression on your next visit to Moscow. I would like to assure you that your experience is not reflective of our usually high levels of service and guest satisfaction.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Peter I soon.

Best Regards,