Troika
Ranked #11 of 10,785 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Price range: US$0 - US$2
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Troika restaurant is the honorary member of the Chaine des Rotisseurs! Troika (three horses harnessed abreast) is a symbol of Russia that lives for centuries. This tradition is maintained by> restaurant in Saint-Petersburg. This place does not lose its popularity about 40 years and attracts guests with unique style combining Russian Art Nouveau, Byzantine luxury. The restaurant was lovingly restored in 2008 and new elements were added to further enhance the character of the place and guests comfort. The Colorful illuminated stained glass windows, stucco mouldings and murals created by St. Petersburg eminent artists. The Variety show> is the highlight of the restaurant and continue to amaze guests by professional ballet, unique costumes and regularly changing performances (famous Russian dance>,> are pearls among the great variety of performances). No wonder Charles Aznavour after visiting> called this place>.> features a variety of dishes of Russian traditional cousine using best quality ingredients. Dining here is a pleasure that won't live You for a long time. The European level of the restaurant> reflects high quality service and individual approach to each guest, granting the warmth and love in the best traditions of Russian hospitality.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our evening at Troika was quite colorful! Their show (separate charge of 500 rubles per person) is energetic and uplifts the mood. It is worth the price, but dont expect theatrical performers of course. This restaurant is a great place to spend your saturday night the Saint Petersburg way - with fun! As for the food and drinks, I would say the value for money is a tad under-represented. This is fine dining though! But the food served was indeed tasty, and it is perceivable that waiters are trained to provide premium service in this restaurant. One observation though: our waiter filled our water glasses way too often (obsessively) and it made us feel overly strange. Perhaps consider to ease up on the water there. And, please, smile! Why the gloomy faces?

1  Thank Tony J

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Highly recommended restaurant/entertainment while visiting Saint-Petersburg.
I recommend to visit Troika with an open mind and allow yourself a laugh
At first people were having dinner in sophisticated way and enjoyed the programme but later stared dancing like crazies. It was a lot of fun to watch- real russian style.
Beef was very nice and tender.
Keep up doing the good job

2  Thank Reelika N
Reviewed 25 October 2017

With high expectations, we went for a night out at this restaurant. Nice interior, a stage placed in the end of the room, and the dinner tables arranged for watching the show while dining.

The three meal menu we got, focused on the "arrangement" on the plate - nice to look at, but not to tasty.

The show included a number of pretty and well built men and women doing a lot of different dances in different costumes. The singers firstly focusing on Russian music, but after a while we recognized more western oriented hits - god effort.

Normally not being to prude, I think the costumes were to revealing, and after a while it became almost awkward to watch, while the girls showed a lot of skin in the choreography, not making much sense to us. Maybe we were not to familiar with the Russian traditions of this kind of show?

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Best ambiance all the staff in the restaurant is very good..yummy food & drinks..the show is just too good.must visit or you will miss a great place.

3  Thank somen d
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I do not use to leave review of restaurants. However my Saturdays visit to Troika has to been described.

I walked though St Peterburg (were alone after 3 days congress and talking) and decide to check Troika without booking.

It was about 5 pm and I was admitted. I felt a bit strange in sweater in environment more for black or white tie but some younger and some older local companies make me feel more comfortable soon.

In spite offer I did not want to wait for watch a show - I was there to eat (after reading opinions on TripAdvisor).

Now to food - if you can see my a bit overweight photos you will conclude that I like to eat and also to drink. I have visited few three, several two and certain number of one - star(s) Michelin, my wife is also fabulous cooker so it is not easy to impress me. But I was impressed.

1. Semi sweet Russian champagne from St Peterburg -perfect really semi sweet not dry or sweet.

2, Jelly and meat of young bulls. A little jelly and a lot of beef meet. Perfect matched with horseradish sauce and chips?! Mark 6 of 5.

3. Uha traditional fish soup - three fishes enough for an entire meal. Mark 5 of 5 only because it is familiar to me as soups in Sweden.

4. Beef brisket (unbelievable on its own in-spite of nice garnisheeing) probably the best peace of meet which I ever tested. It should not be chewed it melted in mouth. Mark 10 of 5.

5. Baked apple in caramel. Mark 6 of 5.

6. I thought that espresso would be a bit disappointing but it was in the range of majority of best I drank in Italy.

And all of that for associate with very good Crimean white and red on glass with rice of less then half price in average Swedish restaurant.

So it is more then perfect but I still have two complains:

I have to drink vodka as digestive since they do not have Armenian brandy - French I can drink everywhere.

Real minus is price of bottled water. On final bill of about 70 € almost 10 € is for bottle of still water. I understand that Russians do not drink water but it is probably to much.

Nevertheless perfect almost "divine" food experience overall mark at least 6 of 5.

So good that since I was alone at this time I have said to the family that it is almost worthy to travel from Stockholm just to have dinner there.

4  Thank J A