“For the cheap saturation - nothing more”
Review of Tan Zhen

Tan Zhen
Ranked #541 of 11,393 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Because of a friendly commentary in my city guide, which I appreciate for it's style and hints, I went to Tan Zhen while my walking through that part of St. Petersburg. I was very curious and eager for authentic Chinese food. It was written that it looks like a canteen so I was well prepared. But it was no good at all - I couldn't have the chosen eggplants more spicy, so I had to chose a different dish. The restaurant was crowded and really loud, and since a long time I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the food. It was uninspired, soaked in a sauce and not good for my taste. But it was really much - both the starter and the main dish.
I think for young students this is a perfect restaurant - big meals, no really expensive, loud and crowded - but for me it was no good - sorry for that.

Thank Harald G. K

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Clear location, very authentic Chinese cousin, not recommended to diners with heart diseases or blood pressure due to oiled & salty dishes and nutrition regime followers, fair price over quality.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

I'm not an expert in Chinese cuisine but here food tastes great and prices are very good. Love crispy eggplants and fried pork. I Was there with two big and hungry men and we ordered 5 different dishes-had to wrap two of them to go. Portions are way to big than you may think you handle :)

Reviewed 28 June 2016

That's a nice restaurant with quite low prices and tasty chinese food. With the check around 35 dollars we had a great meal with alcohol cocktails.
The portions are big, the staff is friendly and helpful. They tried and did everything to make our evening perfect, however be reasonable and don't wait to be there the only ones cherished guests during weekends - a lot of people's coming, and poor guys just don't have six hands and legs!
We were there twice - on a Saturday evening and on a Monday one. Saturday was crowded and noisy, but it didn't spoil our evening. Monday was the best - we were the only ones in our room!

Reviewed 20 September 2015

Were ordered Beef stir fried with chilly and fried dumpling amongst other items. The beef was stir fried with just salt and pepper and had no seasoning. It had more of capsicum than beef. The dumplings was fried collectively on a thin batter at the bottom. The dumpling casing was also too thick.