AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg
US$63
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$246
  • Restaurant
Radisson Sonya Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$171
  • Restaurant
Domina St. Petersburg(St. Petersburg)
US$334
US$294
US$240
HotelIndigo.com
  • Pool
US$130
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$408
US$157
  • Restaurant
Pushka Inn Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$314
US$266
US$816
1,386 results
All reviewsrooms are smalltrinity churchsouvenir shopmetro stationthree startop floornice staywalking distancewifi is freewardrobe
Reviewed 1 August 2015

Hotel booking was arranged thru a travel agent. 10-12min walk from the nearest metro station, Baltiyskaya. Service level was not high actually, room provided seemed rather outdated, may need renovation shortly. Bed itself was alrite, however, water from the faucet smelled somewhat rusty, which hotel already fully was aware of. The wall was not very thick enough so that we heard the sound of neighbour (connecting-room door was surely locked, but we were able to hear the breathing sound of a sleeping guy!)
Breakfast time was totally chaotic (Saturday morning), just to find a seat was enough stressful, everything you need (drink, food, dessert) were all in a queue, univ cafeteria would be even nicer than the hotel breakfast actually. Then the following day (sunday), skipped hotel breakfast coz congestion was easily anticipated. Monday morning, it was easier to find seats, no big queue anymore, so it is very much dependent on the day/time.
There were so many group tourists mostly from China who tend to speak in louder, so you may hear noise from corridor sometimes.
As a whole the hotel wasn't new and luxurious, but may be good to reduce cost. I doubt to stay here again if I have chance to come to St Petersburg...

Room Tip: Better ask double room instead of twin bedded when 2pax staying, otherwise you will be assigned to an outdated (un-renovated) room - maybe
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Дарья К, PA to General Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are terribly sorry that there were such inconveniences during your stay. Believe me, we will consider all your comments in the further work. I hope that you will give us a second chance, and we will try to make your next visit perfect. For a more comfortable stay, I suggest you to choose a room category SMART, these are new, modern and multi-functional rooms.

Reviewed 26 July 2015

I stayed there with a group in July 2014. We were put in the "old" part of the hotel, which was fine but nothing special. It was a good location and it was my roommates birthday the day we left and she got a complimentary champagne bottle. Would stay there again, but would like to be in the new part!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Дарья К, PA to General Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2015

Dear Eyrun,

Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor in July, 2014. We are delighted that we were able to please your roommate on her birthday. We hope that you will come to us again and will appreciate our new renovated SMART rooms. Please contact me via email: dkornilova@azimuthotels.com and I will gladly help you with the booking.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed 8 July 2015

The rooom is very clean and has all you want ,it could do with some decoration improvement.,The view from our room on the eighth floor is breath taking. you can see for miles ,some of the land marks in this lovely city as well as the sky changing colour through the hours. The food in the restaurant is very tasty and very reasonable but the lighting is terrible. Breakfast offers a lot of different choices . The concierge helps you for tours and performance reservations and are quite helpful.

Room Tip: The higher you are the quieter and a better view.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Дарья К, PA to General Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor and I was pleased to read that your stay was enjoyable. I appreciate your mentioning cleanliness and food quality at our hotel, we all indeed try to meet all our guest's expectations and make them feel at home.
I do hope we will be able to welcome you soon again during your next visit to our beautiful city.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 July 2015

I usually start my reviews with a discussion of location but I will start this with a discussion of quality. I was at this hotel for a convention at the hotel. When I read the reviews on Trip Advisor I almost did not register. They were some of the worst I had ever seen. I then noted the dates and that more recent ratings were better and kinder.

The hotel is in a state of improving and in July 2015 is almost there. Many of my companions had what the hotel chain calls SMART rooms which were modern and in good shape with refrigerators. My room was of the old style with wooden furniture a bit worse for wear. Things were alright but not great.

What was great was the view. The hotel is 18 floors high and I was on 8 and the view of the beautiful city of St. Petersburg was great. It was July the time of the white nights and I had a perfect view. Sunset lasted about 4 hours and the sky glowed all night long until at about 4 AM the sun rose. The view from the bar on the 18 th floor was even more spectacular.

The lobby had recently been redone and was very comfortable with lots of seats. There was a little drink and grocery kiosk and a bar that were very convenient.

The hotel has about 1000 rooms and has a lot of tours so a big lobby is required.

The buffet breakfast was alright but could get uncomfortably crowded when the tour groups arrived.

Now to location: which is only fair as the hotel is located at the edge of the historic district. The nearest Metro stations are 10 minutes and twenty minutes walk away for an ordinary walker. The main street Nevsky Prospect is quite far away at almost an hour walking distance.

If you can figure out the frequent trolley bus, trolley and minibus systems the stops are just across the street and will take you to a lot of places. Google Maps lists the buses and trolleys on their maps and will give you routes and even times. I found this very convenient. They are inexpensive and exact change is NOT required.

Room Tip: Get a high room overlooking the city - St Issacs and the Neva River.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Дарья К, PA to General Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2015

Dear Guest,

It is not easy to express how pleased I was to read your detailed review. First of all, I am very glad that you enjoyed the wonderful view of St. Petersburg from high above. I agree with you that during our high season breakfast is often quite busy. We are aware of this problem and working on possible solutions. We hope next time you will be able to book one of our renovated SMART rooms and experience new multi-functional design and high level of comfort.
I am so delighted that you liked staying with us and enjoyed the SMART lobby. I really appreciated reading your direct review.
We will be looking forward for greeting you again in AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg in the nearest future.

Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

This is a very buzzy hotel with a lot of rooms. Everything is clean and ok but surely without any charm. I believe it is one of the last hotel construction in the sovjet time.
Small rooms and very buzzy and noisy cantina ( not restaurant ) that serves the purpose of giving coffee etc but does not give you any kind of experience except a wish to finish quickly with breakfast.

Staff is very kind and seams competent

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Дарья К, PA to General Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor.
I would like to express my personal thanks for sharing with us your appreciations about our staff. I will share your kind comments with all the team here.
I am disappointed to see you were unhappy with some aspects of your stay. Regarding the room size this is out of our control – the building surely has a long history. But still we are doing our best to provide our Guests with all the necessary conditions for a comfortable stay.
We do hope to welcome you back in the future.