All reviewsno elevatorcommunal kitchenhotel is locatedwalking distanceexcellent locationthe main tourist attractionsflights of stairsyour luggageworld cupenjoyed our staymetro stationfloorenglishcitykeywifi
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We stayed here during the World Cup, when it was more expensive because demand was so high.....I booked online through booking.com, and it was not clear I was renting an apartment. The picture they show you is exactly that. It was very spacious, with a bedroom with a queen bed and a small kitchen, full size fridge and a living room with a sofa bed (we did not open it so not sure if that was comfortable).

The good: Location was excellent, walking distance from a lot of restaurants, clubs and shopping.

The BAD: Bed was painfully uncomfortable!! It was so hard, like a 1980s mattress that has never been upgraded. The hotel itself is in a different building. If you rent this apartment ( I did not know I was renting an apartment, I thought it was a large hotel room) then they do not provide housekeeping, so they never change your towels and they don't clean or pick up your trash. You are responsible for taking the trash out before you leave and making sure you leave everything clean, or they will charge you...More like an AirBnB.

The outside of the building is scary looking to be honest, but it is safe. You enter the building with a code, and once you arrive to the floor you need an access key to enter the wing with the apartments.

For check-in, they did not allow us to do early check in. You have to leave your luggage in a small closet and tie it with a bike lock and you take the key. THere is NO ELEVATOR on the hotel building. You have to go up 4 floors to do your check-in. The building where the apartment is does have a tiny elevator, so that was a plus.

Overall the experience was not horrible ( except for the bed) but it was not what I expected. The information they provided was not very clear as to what type of room I was renting. Location is definitely a big plus, but there are better hotels in the area for similar price. People at the reception were not extremely friendly and could barely speak english. No breakfast is served, unless you stay at the actual hotel, not the big room/apt.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
grifon2007, Управляющий at Hotel Grifon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Ms. Cristina B,

Thank You for such kind detailed review! It helps us to become better. Unfortunatelly, we have no such kind possibility to indicate even more clearly information about apartments on booking.com. That why we always send an additional information after our guests have made reservation on our apartments, which were opened last year and were equipped with new orthopedic mattresses, which take care about health of our guests. As for housekeeping, You can always order this service by extra charge, because the format of booking apartments implies the autonomous accomodation of guests, as in a rented apartment, but even in this case we have free cleaning and linen change if you live more than a week.

Since our hotel is situated in historic building, here is no elevator (in contrast of neighboring building where our apartments are located), which is confirmed by descriptions of the hotel on various resources in the Internet. But we have a luggage room, which is located on the first floor,also our guests have an opportunity to order a luggage lift service to the room. It's not rare phenomenon for central area of North Capital. As for early check-in, of course, we always try to provide this service, if the hotel has such kind opportunity. But there're a lot of guests in all hotels due to high tourist season, who check-out on time, so we need time to prepair rooms for next guests, so, in this case we have no possibility to provide early check-in, please treat this with understanding.

Faithfully yours, Elena Popandopulo General Manager of Grifon Hotel

Reviewed 9 July 2018

This hotel's strongest asset is it's location. It is within walking distance to many of the main attractions of Saint Petersburg. There is also a metro station not too far away, so if you have somewhere to go that is not within walking distance, the metro is nearby. Other positives about this hotel are the staff and the breakfast. The staff is especially helpful. They can give you suggestions and helpful information if you are unfamiliar with the city. The complimentary breakfast was also good and has everything you would need to start your day. Even the coffee was very good. So those were the positives. Keep them in mind and review them after I give the negatives, because I think the positives of this hotel far outweigh the negatives. The negatives are, the room decor and furniture is a bit old and dated. The rooms are also a bit small. But on the plus side, the ceilings are high and that makes the rooms feel larger than they are. Also, there is no elevator. So be prepared to carry your luggage up a few flights of stairs. Luckily you do not have to carry your luggage up too many floors. Like I said, I think the positive outweigh the negatives. I don't travel half way around the world to stay in my hotel room all day and night. So I did not mind that the room's furniture was old or the room a bit small. Other people may think otherwise. As long as the bed is comfortable (and it was), as long as the room is clean (and it was), as long as there is good water pressure in the shower (there was), then I was satisfied. I was there during the World Cup, so finding a hotel near the city center was not easy. I feel fortunate I was able to book at the Grifon Hotel. All things considered, you get good value for your money here and while it is not Buckingham Palace you should find your stay here pleasant and enjoyable. I know I did. Would I stay here again? More than likely, yes I would.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear Mr. Richard H!

Thank You for such kind detailed and pleasant review! We would like to note, the we're going to renovate standard rooms at the beginning of next year and hope, they will look more modern and interesting! Since our hotel is situated in historic building, here is no elevator, which is confirmed by descriptions of the hotel on various resources in the Internet. But we have a luggage room, which is located on the first floor,also our guests have an opportunity to order a luggage lift service to the room. Thank You for helpful review, it helps us to become better. Hope to see You again at our hotel!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Didn´t like: Room, Bed, Room Decoration, Bathroom, Towels, Shower, Building, Facilities, Staff, Breakfast, TV, Internet (1mb), 3 floors by stairs to get to the room... Anything was good in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
grifon2007, General Manager at Hotel Grifon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Mr. Ramiro Lozada,

We're quite surprise and upset, that You've had such kind impressions about our hotel. We would like to note, that the team of Grifon hotel always try to help our guests, to hear remarks and eliminate them, of course, in case, if guests make requests during their staying at the hotel. We will be grateful if you express specific wishes (not common words like "Room, Bed, Room Decoration, Bathroom, Towels, Shower, Building and etc."), it helps us to understand your impression and to do ourselves better! Also we would like to note, that all photos of rooms are true, as well as the existing description about lack of elevator. Our hotel is located in a historic building. It's not rare phenomenon for central area of North Capital. Hope, that You'll change your mind, if You choose our hotel for staying in Saint-Petersburg next time!

Faithfully yours,

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

They are very well located, 10 minutes from all the major attractions.
When you arrive they dont have elevator for your check in, I stayed at the apartments in the next building, you dont need to carry up your luggage for the check in, leave them down, and then you go to the apartments. The other building has elevator.
You might have a little shock impression because the building it is old.
But all the apartments inside are renovaded.
But i can guarantee it was a plesant stay.
The location makes it a hit.
Plus the apartments itself are very comfortable!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Dear themummy16!

Thank You for detailed and pleasant review! We're happy to hear, that You liked our apartments. Since our hotel is situated in historic building, here is no elevator (in contrast of neighboring building where our apartments are located), which is confirmed by descriptions of the hotel on various resources in the Internet. But we have a luggage room, which is located on the first floor,also our guests have an opportunity to order a luggage lift service to the room. Thank You for helpful review, it helps us to become better. Hope to see You again at our hotel!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

The hotel is located near the main places of Saint Petersburg, everything is close by. The staff was always eager to help the customers with politeness and kindness.
The only drawback are the stairs, but as I had already been in the city before, I realized that is usual there.
Worthwhile to spend your vacation or business in the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Dear PacaRio!

Thank You for pleasant review! We're happy to hear, that You've enjoyed staying at Grifon Hotel! Since our hotel is situated in historic building, here is no elevator, which is confirmed by descriptions of the hotel on various resources in the Internet. But we have a luggage room, which is located on the first floor,also our guests have an opportunity to order a luggage lift service to the room. Hope to see You again at our hotel!