US$100
Jianguo Hotel(Guangzhou)
US$70
US$68
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$118
US$100
Agoda.com
US$102
US$93
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspedestrian streetchinese herbsshamian islandliwan districthotel is locatedolder partihg membershopping districtwriting deskstreet foodexcellent locationcanton fairlocal foodlarge roomexecutive floorthe hotel staffdim sum
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Stayed at this hotel aug 18-20th, had a wonderful experience. Was upgraded upon arrival(which is always nice), along with complimentary beverage (also always nice hah ). From the staff at the front desk, the sweet and helpful bellmen and the attentive female bartender ( don't remember her name but she was great!) really MADE my experience. Honestly they are so accommodating- it made all the difference, especially being a foreigner who doesn't know a lick of the language and oftentimes felt very overwhelmed within the city. I also traveled here alone and always felt more than safe.
The accommodations are a 7-7.5/10, it is a nice hotel but it's not new. Everything is well kept and nice and clean!

Overall I will DEFINITELY stay here again next time I'm in Guangzhou!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 22 August 2017

Dear bbrehmer08,

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

1. Excellent location in old Canton

I decided to stay at Holiday Inn at the recommendation from someone and I didn't regret my decision! It has an excellent location, situated in Liwan district (shangxiajiu) , a shopping haven! Initially I was still deliberating to stay in this area or Beijing Road... I didn't regret my choice! Many food options near the hotel too and it's a stroll away to Shamian Island, another interesting place with European colonial building and architecture.

2. Great service by Ben (bellboy at the concierge)

This review is long overdue but I would like to compliment and thank Ben for his great advice during my stay in the hotel from 23-25june! As a solo female traveller who did not plan for this trip at all, I was totally unplanned on my itinerary. Through talking to Ben, he has given me great advice on where and when to go... It was always a joy to see him on shift as I knew I could always turn to him for great advice on what to do / see / eat. Thanks again, Ben!

3. Great breakfast spread!

4. Upgrade of room to Executive level (L11) but.....

I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the executive level. Room is really big but I agree with some guests that the 11th floor reeked of smoke smell which I'm allergic to, although I've specifically specified non-smoking room /level.

The sound proofing is also quite bad as I could hear noises from outside of the room.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 4 August 2017

Dear Helena O,

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The hotel is situated across from the railway station for the train to Hong Kong. But don't buy your tickets for train at hotel, as they charge you more. The rooms are lovely and are a good size. The service is good also.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 July 2017

Dear AHSH23,

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I've stayed in this hotel 4 times now and am planning to return in October. You won't find a more convenient place to stay, especially if you want to do shopping for beads at Liwan Plaza which is just a very short walk away. I've stayed in the hotel on my own, and found it so convenient and safe to explore the streets and markets. Easy to find your way around without worrying getting lost. The walking street is packed with people and if you like that kind of buzz you will love it.

The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious, modern and very comfortable. With all the places to eat in the vicinity it is really so convenient.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 21 July 2017

Dear ellep0t,

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The location of the hotel was the best. It is next door to the Pedestrian Street (shoppers galore), Shamian Island and to the Qingping market ( for those interested in seeing pets/ scorpions/herbal medicine). The hotel is difficult to get to as it is in a busy side street in the middle of the old town
Reception is on level 4. Front desk staff speaks minimal English. The rooms smell of smoke despite asking for non smoking rooms. There are limited interconnecting rooms for family. The front desk staff were not helpful in trying to get families close together.
If you are a IHG hotel member, there will not honour it if booked through an agent.
Breakfast buffet was great- it has a variety of Asian bread rolls that are light and fluffy. It also has a noodle station and variety of local fruits including tiny sweet mangoes.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our staff and make the necessary changes. We hope you choose to stay with us again, so we can show you our true level of service.