See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Traveled with friends and we had two different room types. My 5 year old daughter and I stayed in a basic room with 2 double beds. My friends stayed in a larger room with two queen size beds and a sitting area. The beds were hard and the room a bit noisy, but we had a view of both the bell and drum towers. I think if we had a room that didn't look out onto the street it might have been a bit less noisy. What others have said about the staff was true. They were not the most friendly group, but gave us good information and helpful enough. The location is great - 2 Starbucks within walking distance, the Muslim street (great food and interesting sites), and the city wall is a 15 minute walk. Fit the need.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jendan22
Reviewed 21 September 2010

pretty basic, but clean and comfortable. Nice central location.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank bewitching87
Reviewed 6 September 2010

We liked this hotel. Our rooms were not bad at all, and location could hardly be better. We had rooms facing the square, good view, and not noisy in spite of the square being rather busy. Have no problems in recommending it to others, and I'm really surprised to read that so many people have dlsliked it. We never dared to check out the "pedicunt" offered by the buty salon!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2010

I recently spent six weeks in Asia and this was the WORST hotel experience I had the entire time - and I had stayed in many budget accomodations which were fantastic. The staff were the worst staff I encountered and did not seem to care about the people staying in their hotel at all. I needed to use the internet for about five minutes to pay a bill of mine - and I asked the staff at reception if they would let me use it and keep the rest of my time as a credit. They said - sure, no problem. When I went back to use the rest of my time - I was informed that they had no idea about this credit (though I saw them write it down) and that what I had requested before would never have been possible so I was out of luck. There was no apologizing for the mix-up or any sort of remorse for the fact that I was frustrated and out of money.
When I went to check out - they had got a facecloth from my room that I had used the night before to remove my makeup. Of course it was dirty - I had mascara on - but they said that it was ruined and that I had to pay for it. I told them that they could put it in the washer and wash it off (like EVERY other hotel does and I do at home - have NEVER had this happen to me) but they just looked at me and were like - no - you pay!
I would NOT reccomend this hotel as the staff are horrible and don't care at all about the people staying in their hotel. Otherwise - the hotel was OK - nothing special to make up for the rudeness of the staff. I am sure there are MUCH better places to stay in Xian.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 12 October 2009

having stayed here nearly 10 times, I have to say that this hotel has a lot of potential, but due to large group tours consisting of the vast bult of the clients, the managemnet has failed to update the services on offer. The breakfast is horrible, and the rooms look very old and dated (hotel opened in 2001?). Staff penny pinching. brilliant location right next to the Bell and Drum Towers in the city centre. Air con is lacklustre at best, but there's always lots of hot water.

• Stayed: September 2009