US$59
US$73
  • Restaurant
US$77
CrownePlaza.com
All reviewsle chinoismacaroonsclub floorwarm servicepleasure of stayingusb charging portshotel is lovelybeyond the call of dutybreakfast was amazingclub accesschinese restaurantspecial thanksthe guest relations managersoaker tubexecutive chefroom facilitiesfloor offers
Reviewed 21 June 2018

What I really did enjoy in this hotel is the dinning experience. I always stared my day right, with the array of healthy breakfast options that they have. If you are fresh fruit juice lover this is your Oasis. Lazy to go out?, no worries dinner experience is a a MUST thing during your stay. The city view during dinner is remarkable, HIGHLY recommended for the ROMANTICS and for the Fainted-heart it's worth the experience!

Restaurant staff are attentive to their guest, they constantly made me feel at home. Thank you everyone for the Astonishing Service!!

Stayed: April 2018
Sofitel K, General Manager at Sofitel Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear Lora M,

Bonjour! Warm greetings from Sofitel Kunming.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great comments with us on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience and feel at home with us. I will share your comments with our team, I am sure that it will serve as an encouragement to all of our Ambassadors at the same way.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and recommending our hotel. We hope to welcome you back home again soon.

Andre Erasmus,

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I stay there on 8-10 June 2018.
What we love the most is their super big bed , 4 of us can sleep cozily together.
(It’s supposed to be just 3 of us, but one of my kid don’t want to be transfer to their grandparents room), so there we are 4 together in one big bed.

And I want to say a big thank you to one of their concierge, his name is Dennis Feng (if I’m not wrong). He’s been very helpful, he even still checking on us even tough we’re already check out.

There’s a restaurant near by , forget the name “xin xin something”. It’s open 24 hour, they serve dim sum and also a proper Chinese food, the food is great and price wise is OK

Will definitely stay there again if we ever back to Kunming.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Sofitel K, General Manager at Sofitel Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear Vierelle_Mom,

Bonjour! Warm greetings from Sofitel Kunming.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your great comments with us on TripAdvisor. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your stay. It is encouraging to read your positive impressions about our staff, in particular Dennis Feng. I believe it will serve as strong motivation for them to continue providing our guests with personalized and exceptional service. I will share your comments with our team, I am sure that it will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff at the same way.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Had a wonderful time staying here two nights with a group of friends. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was amazing. If I'm ever back in Kunming again, this will definitely be my first pick of places to stay.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Sofitel K, General Manager at Sofitel Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Dear chatwithchristi,

Bonjour! Warm greetings from Sofitel Kunming!

Thank you very much for your reviews on TripAdvisor. It is a great encouragement for the entire team here at Sofitel Kunming to know that our guests have wonderful stay with us .We very much appreciate your beautiful words about our hotel, room cleanliness and breakfast.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to thank you again for sharing your comments and we will be looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel in the nearest future!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

It's easy to access the local markets and diners to experience Chinese' daily life. But be careful with the taxis outside, they tend to charge non-Chinese tourists more and the front desk is helping by Not warning you. I guess because Kunming is full of corruptions, so you definitely can taste some of the corruption that is deeply rooted in China.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear eggyaya,

Bonjour!

Thank you very much for your very kind words of praise on TripAdvisor. We are delighted you so much enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I spent 3 nights in total at Sofitel Kunming hotel. The first time I arrived, I was welcomed by Chef Mo and Andre as General Manager. I had an exquisite room with a very large space. The room was provided with an extremely clean linen, good quality of towel, bathtub, bathrobes, and everything that you need. I was also provided with French macaroons, fruits, cashews and pistachios. A very nice welcoming gesture! The most astounding experience would be the breakfast selection, which you wont find in any other hotel especially in China. I also tried the gym and the pool which were very adequate for anyone who wants to do some exercise. Upon checking out, I was greeted by several staff including Zoe, the marketing manager. It was overall an excellent experience. The stay at Sofitel Kunming hotel made me want to stay longer.

Thank you Sofitel, and especially Chef Mo.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Sofitel K, General Manager at Sofitel Kunming, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Anissa A,