Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.com
US$355
View deal
StayForLong
Rakuten Travel
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2019 via mobile

Their food was excellent and it is 2 min walk to the nearest bus stop.
It is also 3 min walk from the tourist information centre.

scenery from the room was fabulous also. It was sad that it was not peak season yet.
Hot spring was good also.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Happyperson2468
Reviewed 22 September 2019

Stayed 2 nights with half-board on 14/9-16/9, room no.402. The Pros are location, close to the river of the Jozankei also attach to fantastic view, the hotel itself is a stylish hotel, especially the lobby, incredible style, you can enjoy the refreshment in the lobby from check-in to check-out, quite relaxing. And the "Kaiseki" meal were not bad, but I think breakfast better than dinner.
The cons is the public bath a bit outdated and cramped. But over all, a lovely stayed in Jozankei.

Room tip: choose a room face to river
Date of stay: September 2019
1  Thank LandoF1227
Reviewed 26 December 2018

This is the first time encountering such a rude and unwelcoming experience in Japan.
If you wish to pay for a 5-star price and experience a NO-STAR experience, this will be the right place to stay.
We drove from Furano to Jozenkai and upon arriving at the resort, I had parked my vehicle outside the entrance just to check and ensure it the right place. The moment I step into the lobby, the reception shouted very loud from the counter “NO SPIKES!” Indeed I was wearing spike grip, as Furano was snowing heavily, and their lobby is actually stone floor and not timber. Nonetheless I respect their rule and I said ok, let me sit down pointing to a nearby chair and take it off, to my surprise, he used his body to block me from moving towards the chair and showed me out of the doorway into the snowing walkway to have my spike remove. He simply just turned his back and walked back into the lobby. Thereafter removing the spikes, I went in again to seek clarity on the spikes grip and he simply brushed me off with his reply.. ‘my hotel, my rules!’
Next was the Checking-In process, we asked if he needs to register us first, since room is not ready, He replied blatantly, no check in, check in 3pm, show me a cross sign with his arm. I asked if we could unload our 2 huge luggage at the lobby first while waiting for the check in time, he mentioned that it was possible. We asked if anyone could help with 2 big luggage, he simply pointed to the corner where the metal trolley was. So, I guess its self-service. After unloading our luggage and pushing it into the lobby, he came forward, took our luggage without saying anything and pushed them away into the reception holding area without providing us any identification luggage tag.
We were left unattended at their lobby. Shortly we asked if there is any restaurant that we can take some light snacks, again his reply. No food, no cook! When I asked them if anyone could speak simple English, they looked as if I am asking for something out of the world and simple replied NO ENGLISH.
Their attitude is simply unacceptable, totally hack attitude. With such good reviews on social media and having to pay almost $500SGD per night to stay in 5-star Onsen Resort for a totally relaxing experience, this encounter has simply dampened our mood.
But we certainly look forward to the highly-reviewed room and Onsen experience, indeed the room and their facilities are top-notch, expect the staffs attitude which I will give them a NO-star without any hesitation.
This is the worst experience I had out of my entire travel journey so far, even a developing country of a 3-star hotel performs better than them.
What a shame!

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed 25 November 2018

Stayed here in No 2018. It was a great and unforgettable stay. Stayed in one of the Japanese style room. Was worried that I won't be able to sleep well at night but I was wrong. The mattress and blanket was very comfortable. The room was nicely designed. Around 7-8pm, they will help you lay the mattress and blanket.

Dinner and breakfast was kaiseki style. Very good spread which left me greatly impressed. Service was superb too. When I was checking out, I realised the lady which served us at the restaurant had to double up and help out at the carpark.

They had a lounge which you can hang out after dinner and breakfast as there are desserts and drinks there. The desserts was good. It was nice to chill at the lounge. Wish I had more time at the resort.

Onsen was good too but personally I thought the water was a little too hot!

Overall, a great stay and I would return if I have the chance!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia_Ong
Reviewed 19 October 2018

I stayed in this traditional onsen hotel for 1 night, nice onsen with indoor & outdoor pool, high standard of breakfast & dinner,
We choose their wine paring dinner, so, we can try most of wines, sake which are product from Hokkaido.

Date of stay: October 2018