All reviews great location spacious bathroom okonomiyaki don quijote walking distance lots of shops big bathtub wet room minute walk shopping area coin operated laundry central location body wash peace memorial park hondori street decent size okonomi mura
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Washington Hotel is centrally located in Hiroshima, close to all public transportation and the Peace Memorial Park. We arrived at the JR train station & hopped on a trolley which took us 15 minutes & close to the hotel where we walked another 5-10 minutes. The hotel is located on one of the main streets with many department stores, restaurants and shops close by. We arrived early before afternoon check-in and were able to leave our baggage in a storing area. Staff were friendly, polite and helpful with any questions posed. Initially we took a leisurely walk to the Peace Memorial Park which is just over 1 km away & takes 15-20 minutes. Coming back to the hotel, we took the hop on hop off bus which is free for JR Pass holders. The closest stop is only a few minutes walk from the hotel. Rooms are average size, clean, modern and well equipped. Rooms were quiet with minimal street noise when windows were closed. Our room included breakfast which had an excellent assortment of beverages, hot & cold food. There was also a nice mix of Japanese & Western dishes. I would definitely stay at the Washington Hotel again & highly recommend it to other travellers.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank inger_ted
Reviewed 7 June 2018

the room is considered quite spacious by japanese standard—with separate toilet and bath area, which was a nice touch. the room have a nice view of the city with the mountain in the background.

location is perfect for dining and shopping. it's also a short walk to the street car where you can head to hiroshima station.

one thing i didn't like was the the pillow, it was really uncomfortable.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I arrived at the hotel 2 hours before check in, and the staff gladly took my suitcase, so I could sight see. I arrived back a half hour before check in, and was checked in early, and upgraded to a corner room with 2 beds. Not much use for a solo traveler, but at least I was checked in early.
I thought the room had been very recently renovated as it look almost brand new. Very clean.
There is a Don Quixote location only a few metres from the front entrance of the hotel and a shopping arcade just a short walk away.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Good location HOWEVER this hotel is in bad need of renovation, particularly the rooms. The are small, dark with dirty wallpaper and old carpeting. The double beds are small and hard and the pillows are so uncomfortable and hard. Despite reservations made 6 months before arrival I did not get the Queen bed I asked for and we were in a room on the busy street. The breakfast was very good and the bathroom was nice and the AC worked. The staff were polite and unhelpful and rigid with their rules. The were not able to improve my stay. I would NOT recommend this hotel

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carol H
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Loved our stay at the Washington Hotel. Was a very professional establishment, staff were lovely, rooms were nice and its a fantastic location. Right next door to the peace park and maybe 3 min to the hatchobori tram stop.

We paid for breakfast one morning and whilst expensive it was worth it.

Would stay again and would recommend. Oh do yourself a favour and check out okinomura which is basically nextdoor. Its 4 levels of a building dedicated to okonomiyaki restaurants.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple