“Good Indian food.. good for vegetarians in Pontocho area”
Review of Yak & Yeti

Yak & Yeti
Ranked #58 of 12,507 Restaurants in Kyoto
Cuisines: Nepalese
Neighbourhood: Shinkyogoku Shopping District
Neighbourhood: Shinkyogoku Shopping District
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

Good Indian food and awesome service
We went there for two nights, but that was also because we were not able to find easy vegetarian options in the area, and this seemed to be tried and tested and hence worth repeating. Also, we didnt try any of the Nepali cuisine, so dont read this review if you wanna eat Nepali cuisine.

Fried rice - Good
Mushroom veggie - good
Indian daal - pretty good
Gave us papad and pickle too (accompaniments)

Tell them to make the salad without any dressing - the dressing was a disappointment.

If you want hot Indian food and are in the Pontocho area, I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

After a week in Japan, we needed some real Indian style meals. We caught this restaurant on our way out of the busy Nishki area in Kyoto - Nunu the host was great and the food satisfied the soul.
The tandoori chicken was brilliant. Needs more ambience in terms of music though

Reviewed 4 April 2017

The restaurant is a haven for coeliacs wanting an affordable place to eat out in Kyoto. The staff understand the issue, speak good English, and are very friendly. We went twice in our four days in Kyoto.

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place but at that time it was closed so I came back for lunch. And I am glad I did.
Everything about this place is great. The food is really really delicious, the portions are generous, the staff is really welcoming and make you feel like you're home.
I was there for lunch and I had the set Nepalese menu option for less than 900¥ which had rice, veggies, chicken curry ,bottomless daal( so I had a few servings of the daal ) and desert.

I highly recommend the place for the food as well for smiles and happiness you feel from the moment you walk in.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

The title already pretty much says it all ;-).
If you like Nepali / Indian food, that is a good place to have a meal. The owner is a very friendly Nepali from the Mustang valley.