“Great Indian in Kyoto”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Center
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

The place is very well organised fine dine. The place is on first floor up the stairs. The hospitality was absolutely great. The owner came out and ran through the menu. I had a vegetarian set meal for the day which had three curries authentic. The flavor and subtle taste of ginger from the curry was awesome. The dal tadka was absolutely great - right texture and medium spicy as requested. I requested for roti (The chef did ask if I would like the roti medium or crispy) - I asked for medium which was perfect lightly baked on outside. The plate was nicely presented with raita garnished with coriander/chat masala that tasted brilliant. There was a portion of basmati rice that was done well. The saag paneer tasted delicious. The Paneer was tender juicy and soft. While taking order for drinks the owner went through the list of authentic Japanese whiskey and wine and gave me a quick run down on the different whiskeys. I got a complimentary onions that was served with lime and lightly garnished chat masala. Overall the place is absolutely great. Will visit again.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

The restaurant has an English menu and the friendly staff speaks very good English.
The naans were to die for and also the other dishes fresh and authentic. The do not use any chemical spices.
Located on the first floor and very easy to find.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant serves authentic Indian food in Kyoto Japan. We visited this restaurant on our trip to Japan with SOTC and had our lunch. We were in a group of around 45 people however the restaurant could accommodate all of us.
We had a mix of veg and non vegetarian dishes and food was very tasty. They also serve Thali. They remain open from 12.00 noon to 3.00pm for lunch and for dinner from 17.00 to 23.00 hrs. Veg and non vegetarian thali costs around 3000 yen and Indian dinner course for around 4200 yen.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

I went with my family and there were 6 of us. My younger kids had not previously expressed an interest in Indian food. Much to my surprise they loved the food. In general the meal at this restaurant was rated as one of the best by 6 picky eaters. Everyone myself included loved the butter chicken. My only complaint was that the table dining cloths were noticeably stained. The restaurant is not dirty, the service was good - they chased me down to return the bag I left. I enjoyed the restaurant, but the stained table clothes threw me off. Not an issue once the food was served, though.

Rindge Leaphart

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent sheikh kebab. Probably number two in 100 plus restaurants over forty years. Very cheap at usd $12.50 bargain

Very respectful service and mannerism. Food spice was flavorful

1  Thank doctorshah