“Favourite meal from trip to Japan - delicious noodles (and the rest!)”

Myodai Omen Ginkakuji Honten
Ranked #53 of 14,283 Restaurants in Kyoto
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Easiest 5 star of our trip. Queued outside for about 20mins and completely understand why. Noodles and accompaniments absolutely delicious, as was tuna and avocado salad and chicken dish. Good value for quality and quantity. Restaurant lovely and service was excellent. Great lunch venue but would also be great for dinner. Wish we could go back!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

When we walked south to north on the Eastern side of Kyoto, we stopped at Omen that takes no reservations. We arrived after 1PM and waited 25 minutes in line but it was definitely worth it.

We started off with the grilled chicken which is definitely worth trying with the different spices on the table.

We then both had the house speciality, udon noodles, with hot broth. I had the daily special with small fried shrimps. Definitely worth stopping while on the Eastern side of Kyoto.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I went here with my family, for dinner. We loved it so much much that we went two nights in a row!

I had the omen noodles which were delicious (there are instructions on the table on how to eat them the recommended way, if you are not sure)

We also shared some a la carte dishes which were amazing as well but I would recommend you try the omen noodles first if you enjoy udon.

The prices were not too expensive for a nice dinner especially around that location. It was about 1130yen for the omen noodles and between 700-1200yen for each a la carte dish we tried. If you wanted to you could also get the omen noodle with tempura (for an extra ~600yen) which looked really good and I would have gotten that if we were not sharing food from the a la carte menu.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We had the Omen udon and it was delicious! We're going back tonight to try the sushi. The interior of the restaurant and the service are inviting, comfortable and relaxed.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

The place is at the end of Philosophy road, near Silver Pavillon (a must see!) in the north east part of the town.
I had lunch in this simple, typical minimalist japanese style, cozy restaurant.
The menu is not very long but all food is of very good quality.
After a wonderful salad I had noodles and that was enough.
But all was sooo good and well presented that I went back for dinner to eat chicken and other specialties !! Staff is very helpful and prices are very, very resonable.
I shall return.