Lowest prices for your stay
S$93
Hotels.com
S$136
Fully refundable before Wed, 17 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews an art gallery college dorm stylish rooms first floor wooden bathtub convenience store comfortable hotel lobby laundry yen pros cons sakura
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

The Anteroom Kyoto features a simple and clean style but with personality and artistic touch.
Rooms offer more space than average and are very well organised to exploit space.
Breakfast is varied and offers options for different tastes.
Staff is kind and professional and speak good English.
It’s just 10 minutes walk from the train station and just 3 minutes walk from subway.
The area is quiet and it represents a very strategic and comfortable choice for the city.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank BettyG32
Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. A contrast to the antique ryokan in Takayama which was all shared baths, wooden panelling and dim passageways. Anteroom is brand new; bare concrete floors and lots of modern and retro-70s art. We had a large ground floor room with its own Zen garden and onsen style wooden bath. We paid extra for this and it was great to have the space. Perfectly comfortable. Breakfast consists of a self-service cold buffet and a to-order counter offering baguettes and filled croissants (of which each guest can order 3). No evening meals are served at the hotel that I'm aware of. Located between Kujo and Jujo subway stations which are a mere 5 minute subway journey from Kyoto Station. A couple of comments: limited information in the room about the Hotel, facilities in the room (such as the TV) or the city/area as a whole; no room safe though security boxes are available for no charge at reception; kettle in room but only green tea bags provided and no coffee (perhaps if you asked they might provide some). Also I had to ask reception to turn off the lights in our Zen garden on our first night as they won't switch off automatically until around 1.30 am. However, a great stay overall and I'd come again. Helpful staff, scrupulously clean, good atmosphere, nice breakfast....

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian V
Reviewed 16 April 2019

Not too sure how I ended up in this hotel. Was disappointed when I arrived as it is on a quiet street about 10 minutes walk from the centre. Having explored a bit over several days I now value its seclusion and calm. Check-in very easy and helpful. I'm on the 4th floor and it is quiet. The room is small but comfortable, plenty of light. Pillow is hard which I quite like. The breakfast is very good, with a rotating menu containing croissants with delicious fillings. This is a very easy place to stay.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank cpaterso
Reviewed 30 March 2019

This place was very easy to find, a straight shot walking south from the station. You can also walk to Fushimi Inari, not saying it's super close but it is a pleasant walk through neighborhoods & even along canal if you want.

The room was cute, comfortable, awesome for my needs. I can see how 2 people with lots of luggage might feel squeezed but maybe the hotel has bigger rooms for people who want to pay more, not sure. Not me. I want to pay the least & be in a small room. I put "do not disturb" sign because I didn't want my room made up. They still left a bag of new towels & bottled water which was very nice. I stayed in other similar price range rooms and Hotel Anteroom has the most comfortable mattress so it gets my vote.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ubermin
Reviewed 21 March 2019

I recently stayed at Anteroom while on a graduate school trip with about 15 of my classmates (two people per room). My roommate and I stayed in two different rooms while we were there and loved them both! Both rooms were super cute, well designed, and high tech. They each had their own unique style and layout. The first one also had an amazing view of the city, and the second one had a back porch lounge area that would be perfect for entertaining a few friends or just relaxing on a nice night.

The hotel bar downstairs is actually a great little bar that is much better than most hotel bars, and the perfect end to a long day. In the morning, we ate breakfast at the hotel and were very happy with the options they offered each day. The hotel manager, Masako, led my group on a private tour of local temples down the Philosopher's Path, and could not have been more friendly, helpful, and generous with her time. I would absolutely recommend Hotel Anteroom to any of my friends, but is more than nice enough for parents or people of any age looking to escape the corporate hotel experience.

Date of stay: March 2019