“Best Chicken teriyaki of my life! ”
Review of Sugarhill Kyoto

Sugarhill Kyoto
Ranked #20 of 15,540 Restaurants in Kyoto
Price range: US$9 - US$46
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Bar, Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Shimogyo-ku
Description: Located near the inner city of Kyoto, we provide both Traditional Japanese items and Italian-Influenced fusion dishes, in addition to, an assortment of beverage Items from Japanese Beer, Local and Overseas Spirits to Juices, Soda, and Tea. All at a reasonable price. We have English speaking staff and the Owner/Chef is very kind and would love to answer any questions you may have. No reservation required but highly recommended, just call the number you see connected to our store and we will be able to help you out. You can make a reservation at anytime past 4:00 pm everyday. We can also do party events, or large groups, however our maximum seating is 23 persons and a reservation is required for a group larger than 5. We are open Monday-Saturday from 17:00-23:00 (5:00 pm - 11:00 pm) and Closed on Sundays. So please come in and try our delicious food and warm atmosphere. Irashaimase!(Welcome!)
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

Went here last night ordered the japanesse omelette and chicken teriyaki. Both were amazing. Service was also very friendly!

Will be going back again!

1  Thank chrisbL62GV

Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

Sugar hill is a quirky little place in the nanbancho area. It's small and personal and the owner come chef couldn't be any nicer. So welcoming and friendly. Everything is made fresh and to order and it's impossible to pick a favourite dish, everything was tasty and not one dish disappointed.
It was so good went twice during our visit!

1  Thank adohan-dougal
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

A must go to place in Kyoto! Food is amazing and the owner is one of the nicest I've ever met! He kept the bar open until we were ready to go! You must come here!

1  Thank Travellover12373
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Absolutely it's worth to visit this restaurant during your trip to Kyoto. I had visited there twice during mine and enjoyed a great dinner time.

The chef is really talented to combine European and Japanese. You'll find Western foods like pizza and pasta on the menu list and then will be surprised how they're well presented with Japanese ingredients such as Tarako soy source or local vegetables called "Kyo-yasai". I'm sure everyone will love them since taste of them is fantastic.

Fortunately also you can have very nice traditional Japanese food like Sashimi and "Obanzai", small Japanese dishes (I'm Japanese so I know what is good!). I recommend you to have "Obanzai-set" because it has six different food and change every time, which makes you satisfied all the time when you visit there.

The chef and the waiter were kind, friendly and approachable, enjoyed to explain about each dishes and make customers happy. You can ask anything if you have a question.

I'll definitely come back to this place when I go to Kyoto again!

1  Thank zumi2931
Reviewed 9 February 2016

The food and atmosphere at Sugar Hill Kyoto was great. I almost walked into the wrong restaurant because I came from the back entrance but when you walk on the main road you cannot miss it. I was having dinner alone and the owners were so welcoming and kind I had two dishes accompanied by two glasses of plum wine which was oishi desu (meaning delicious in Japanese)!

The menu has a good variety however the servings are more for a tapas style restaurant so I would recommend going with another person so you can try different dishes on the menu! I wouldn't say that it is expensive nor would I say it is cheap, each dish can be from 600-1000 Y, and depending on what you get the portions won't leave you stuffed, but I am a lover of food and do enjoy trying as much as I can.

I would highly recommend Sugar Hill and I will definitely be returning when I am in Kyoto again.

1  Thank DoreenMxn