HOTEL THE Grandee
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewswifi routerroom keyenjoyed my stayjapanese standardsmicrowavereceptionistdaimaruenglishshoppingsubwaytv
Reviewed 1 August 2015

An easy walk to two different subway stations. So thus very easy to get to from the airport and Namba Station. The rooms are individually designed and it is good to look at their website before you book to choose one that you like. I thought that the price tag attached to the accommodation is an absolute bargain. Excellent staff. Check in is at 3 pm (which seems usual for Japan) and they were happy to care for my luggage as I took to the streets. Location in Shinsaibashi makes it also perfect as it is very central for tourists. Easy walk to most places. Thank you for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DMS123
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I really liked the idea of T'point but unfortunately we had an uncomfortable and disappointing stay.

The "zen style of team room" (room 413) is something that must have seemed great in a designer's head, but was totally impractical and uncomfortable in reality. The room is designed inside out - instead of a bedroom with a separate smaller bathroom, most of the room is a large open-plan bathroom with a smaller bedroom within.

In practice, this means you end up sleeping in what amounts to an airless concrete box that is stuffy unless you have the very loud air conditioning on constantly. The whole room is made of concrete and is very uncomfortable - there is nowhere you can relax. There is a cafe area downstairs but it was nearly always empty and completely lacked atmosphere.

On a positive note, the breakfast was good and there is a free bar (limit of 1 drink per person) in the evenings. The location is perfect, near loads of bars and restaurants and 10 minutes walk to Dotonbori.

I would consider staying at T'point again, but would choose a more standard room. Avoid the

Room Tip: Not the zen style room 413
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Laurence W
Reviewed 30 June 2015

The room was very nice, everything was open so was quite big. It is located in a very busy area at night but walking distance from the subway station.

The receptionist was not helpful at all. She did not speak English and even with the help from another Japanese client, she was unable to recommend a restaurant near the hotel. she just had no clue...

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2015

The hotel location and the unique rooms were the main reason we chose this hotel. Make sure you research were the hotel is before arriving as it's not easy to find. The hotel however is only 5 minutes away from the local station and 10 minutes away from Dotonbori. We stayed in a ZEN style bed room like Japanese tea room, this was very cool. There was an open bath and shower and the bed was in a square room. Even though the room was a little rustic (few cracks in the floor and walls) it was a good experience and I stay again if we ever revisit Osaka.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tracyashford26
Reviewed 18 November 2014

The hotel is located at a very convenient location, around 5 minutes away from the heart of shopping area Shinsaibashi. The hotel design is modern and each room is unique. I had the opportunity to stay in 3 different rooms because I had to come back and forth- but they made up an excellent experience for me! I was always surprised when I walk into a new room, they are all spacious and all the features were so different (stayed at 520, 820 and 514- I thought 820 was the best)

The staffs were very attentive, although spoke only little English. Also, I have to mention that the complimentary breakfast was beyond expectation. Everyday was a different menu, but all tasted amazing!

I will definitely come back to this lovely hotel if I get a chance to visit Osaka again :)

Room Tip: Browse through their website and select the best room of your choice!
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo