Kaneyoshi Ryokan
US$107
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

Hearton Hotel Nishi Umeda(Osaka)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$54
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$68/night.

US$176
US$122
Trip.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$136
US$121
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$165/night.

Hilton Osaka(Osaka)
US$109
US$87
Travelocity
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$127/night.

US$145
US$107
JAPANiCAN.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$268
  • Pool
US$304
US$249
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$296/night.

All reviewstatami matstraditional roomwestern bathroomjapanese homejapanese style hoteldotonbori canaljapanese breakfastexcellent place to staycommunal bathhot showernight lifewithin walking distancebreakfast spreadgreen teatop floorair conditioninglarge room
Reviewed 23 April 2011

A really nice Ryokan with excellent staff and situated in a good location. We stayed here for one night. The rooms were very spacious and well kept. The Ryokan is located in the street next to dotonbori and enables you easily to spend the night walking around the area. Breakfast was very nice and had a good selection of different food items.

The staff were really friendly at the Ryokan and have very good English skills and are very willing to help you find your way around Osaka. The service at this Ryokan was impeccable, we really wish we could have stayed here some more during this trip. Next time we go we will be staying here again.

The price for the room is very good given the location, rooms and service. I wholeheartedly recommend this Ryokan to others.

The room came with a shower and toilet and there is also a public bath on the 6th floor, which is very cozy.

I would like to stay here again

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 January 2011

The location of this ryokan is fantastic - it's close to everything; transport, food, entertainment, convenience stores and a laundry place. The rooms are a bit old and faded with cracks showing but it's clean and comfortable so we didn't have a problem with it.

What we did have a problem with was the shower. Initially there was a problem with temperature control - you either got freezing cold or scalding hot with each minute adjustment then we had water pressure problems which meant water was dribbling out of the shower head. The water pressure problem was mostly fixed after we mentioned it to the front desk but the water temperature issue persisted throughout our stay. If it was summer, I might not have minded too much but it was winter and having a hot shower was my favourite way of warming up.

Service-wise it cannot be faulted although the cleaning ladies don't understand much english so either you can be game and whip out your phrase book and dial for front desk. The front desk was very helpful and was happy to answer all our questions.

It was good value but I was really put off with fighting with the shower every night. Since I probably would not go back - I can't recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2010

Arrived very late at this Ryokan with 2 half-asleep child. Upon check-in, we had to decide the timing for breakfast which is very early 7-8am. So we chose 7.30am. Before 7.30am the reception called the room to tell us breakfast is ready. Feeling non too perky, we went to the dining hall, and was surprised to be met by 3 elderly ladies cheerfully greeting us, pouring hot green tea and serving up the rice. The table were already laden with food, a tad heavy for us who are not used to such staples so early. Nonetheless, we ventured to finish what we could of the nutritious salad, ham, fish, chicken, miso soup, pickles and rice.

Sad to say, we did not have time to try the Jap common bath. The futon in the room was a bit thin so it was not as comfortable for those used to sleeping on bed with thick mattress. Upon check-out, the friendly man at the reception gave my 2 kids each a pack of assorted Jap titbits, which is a nice touch. Eventhough, the surrounding area is supposed to be red-light district, we do not feel uncomfortable walking out save for some girly pics here and there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2010

The Ryokan has an amazing location, right on the Dotonbori canal Easy access to transportation (right near Nipponbashi station) and so close to the food/nightlife hub of Namba! The staff were so accommodating, giving us tips for the rest of our travels, maps even little keepsakes from our stay at the Ryokan. The tatami bedding was clean and soft and there was an constant supply of tea (and little rice cookies/crackers) each day. There is even an onsen in the Ryokan, too (which i enjoyed several times for a morning soak). I would recommend this place to anymore and would most definitely stay there when I'm in Osaka again. Good value for a few people as the rooms are spacious and the costs are reasonable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank thefrockette
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Kaneyoshi. My room was old, but spotlessly clean and, frankly, enormous. It was raining, so I sat in the little sun-room overlooking the river, drinking the complementary tea, until it was time to hit the streets.

The service was excellent -- the staff laid out my futon while I was out, and left plenty of hot water for making tea. The guy on the front desk went above and beyond. When I returned in the evening, he chatted about my next day's plans, and found out I was heading back to Narita. During the night he slipped a printed timetable of connecting trains with the most convenient route for carrying heavy luggage -- together with hand-written English translations. He had even researched the platform numbers and written them in so I wouldn't have to carry my bags too far.

I didn't eat at the ryokan -- Osaka has an overwhelming array of choices in this regard. The location is excellent, just a short walk away from Namba and the Dotombori areas, which are amazing, must-see experience. I will never forget all the lights, street-hawkers, and the great food. And all of that was just a short walk away.

When I came back to sleep, the futon was comfortable (I sometimes have a bad back that is exacerbated by hard beds, and other futons I slept on during my stay in Japan weren't great -- but I slept soundly on my back all night here, and was so comfortable I slept in).

There was a vending machine on the floor (I expect every floor had one). The online booking system via their website was efficient and easy to use.

There were only a few, minor drawbacks:
- No internet in-room. I guess there probably was in the lobby, and I have no doubt that if you really needed it, the excellent staff would "make it happen". Given it was raining, I would have loved to do a bit of in-room web surfing.
- Since the room was quite old, the bath was a little creaky (but perfectly clean)
- It wasn't a no-smoking room (but, I couldn't smell any smoke: I just wasn't keen on the provided ashtrays)

The next time I come to Osaka, if Kaneyoshi is still run by the same management, I will happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo