“Morrow Mountain - a treasure to behold in Stanly County”

Morrow Mountain State Park
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Albemarle
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Morrow Mountain is an amazing treasure hidden in Stanly County. You can bike, hike, camp, fish and even rent canoes here! The view from the top is incredible on a clear day. This is a stop you have to make while in town!

All reviews
"nice picnic"
"great vistas"
"quick hike"

Reviewed 7 August 2017

We really enjoy coming here. We had a new campsite this time and enjoyed it a lot. We usually spend a day canoeing and fishing over at the hidden lakes. My only gripe this trip was the way we were treated returning the canoe. There was no adult supervision at the rental office or on the canoe dock and I felt that one young man was a bit disrespectful toward my family and I. I will go back but with as many older people (like myself) and young people with families, the customer service should be of higher quality.

2  Thank jporter704
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We love this place. We have picnic lunches , walk the trails, or just hang out at the top of the mountain. It's a great place to spend a cool afternoon

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I took her four children (ages 2,4,8 & 10) camping for the weekend. We had an awesome time! There is do much to do that the kids were never bored. We hiked on trails, visited the different historical spots. Went to the lake and fished. Roasted marshmallows and all the fun campfire stories. We will be going back for sure!