“GOOD ITALIAN FARE ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Could not get a booking into El Cerdo so decided to book Ciccio just up the street.
Quite decent Italian fare with good Parma ham which was very thinly sliced.
Tried the spicy fried sausage for our drinking bites and was excellent with right spiciness and taste.
Mains are ok with very well delivered risotto and pasta.
Menu are a tad too limited so in the long run may run out of what to eat.
Still a nice place to indulge in good Italian food

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Writing reviews for Italian restaurants is becoming dull as they are so many and everywhere. But this one, I had to. The place was packed while most of the venues in this popular street were half full or empty. And that tells you something.Very nice contemporary cozy decor. The hostess managed to sit us at the large bar i very comfortable stools and generous countertop. I had one of the best ever Caprese. Excellent product quality, fresh and true virgin oil, Followed by the Bruschetta al Salmone, with a very generous salmon portions on top of the best bread slices in Kuala Lumpur. I know, no one ever compliments the bread but, for me, virgin olive oil, good bread and good espresso are the "must have". We had then the Gnocchi al Gorgonzola, creamy and as close as you can get to home made gnocchi and the Ravioli di carne which were absolutely delicious; I simply could not stop dipping my bread in its sauce. Very correct house wine with (a nice touch) three options.. Impressive the Manager which was all over the place and personally checking on patrons service.. Not very common these days.

2  Thank jvp-esp
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

All the good pizza are in place and sound. Upmarket location, decor and friendly attentive staff. Good beer on tap, wood fired oven, good menu and seemingly decent quality ingredients. Pizza looks the part, thin crust, not too much cheese, fresh buffalo, fresh basil, Tomato base looks traditional and made of fresh chunky tomatos. It may have been that I was not overly hungry, but I was a bit disappointed taste wise. It felt right in the mouth consistency wise. The cheese behaved as it should, but there was just not the flavor and taste I was hoping for. It was too bland for me. Even after adding olives to the Caprese. Maybe it needed some more herbs in the tomati base? Maybe the dough was lacking something. I am not 100% sure and to be honest it's quite confusing. Probably because I have had some of the best pizza in the world prior to this. Specifically Caprese which is my ultimate favorite. Maybe the Buffalo looks and behaved as it should but just was not the best quality. Anyway. This place seems to offer a real Italian pizza experience in many levels and it may just have been me. I would still recommend it and I will probably try again and just spice it up myself a bit

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Title pretty much says it all! The food is very average for the price (oily pizzas with barely any toppings), tasteless pasta sauces and pasta so “al dente” it was barely cooked. When I sent my pasta dish back, the manager was rude and unaccommodating telling me that people often don’t like the pesto pasta dish as pesto can’t be heated up much and that’s how the pasta comes...I sent it back because it wasn’t cooked, not on personal preference and shouldn’t have been challenged on this basis. Anyways, would certainly not recommend - especially for the prices.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Zoe B
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent for an Italian abroad. In Italy it would be average, abroad top. Pasta al dente, Tommato sauce well cooked, gray sausage. Pizza so so

Date of visit: May 2018