3,861 results
All reviews makan kitchen double tree the executive lounge welcome cookie warm cookies ampang park station diamond member petronas towers pillow menu food court shopping mall covered walkway upon check rain shower modern hotel business trip free shuttle
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Great Hotel but the service is like any other place in Malaysia. Amazing breakfast

Beware of the lady at the concierge desk she will try to get you to go with a private taxi, its an old taxi and the guy talks too much and wastes time. He also tries to charge you for that wasted time.

Best thing to do is grab the Hop on Hop bus off from the Nikko hotel close by, since its walking distance.

Highly recommend the Hop on Hop off

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank areway123
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

Dear areway123,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the breakfast spread and I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie.

I apologize for the challenge with the taxi provider service, and whilst this is operated by a 3rd party. Certainly we will work with the taxi management company to improve this, as it is important for all guests.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Executive suite is well set out, great size and space, decor neutral, neither attractive or offensive. Carpet soft and comfortable, bed lovely, bathroom and accessories very nice, especially the rain shower. Two tv's great for lazy evenings at en of hectic holiday, no wifi, not even if you are prepared to pay, why do cheap hotels provide the more expensive ones don't or charge for it! Child not catered for at all no towel or blanket, again service provided by cheaper hotels. Check in and out staff initially ignored me, then were at best indifferent and uninterested offering no assistance, not even direction to elevator to get to room just handed key and a cookie (had to ask for two for the kids) the cookies are a lovely touch.
The club lounge is a great benefit of the executive room, but breakfast is basic buffet, nice. And due to family policy and breakfast being included i assumed my 8 yr old would be able to come to breakfast but was told it was only for 2 (he only had a bowl of cereal and an apple) yet other guests staying had a friend join them each day for breakfast and afternoon tea (lots of drinks) and no question asked. Afternoon tea is not cocktails as stated but the food was lovely. I was not once offered a drink, the only time was when I went to get my own coffee as I was tired of being ignored, then no I don't want your help, would prefer just to do myself. There was one outstanding staff member that we were lucky enough to be greeted by on arrival, reminded check in staff to attend when he saw we were being ignored, always polite and friendly whenever coming and going from hotel and luckily for us was there for our departure, Johan is an absolute credit to the hotel and the best first and last impression that helps overlook the lack of service otherwise, and was a great role model to staff around him as they would follow his lead. Hotel location does require taxi to pretty much anywhere and easy to obtain. Would prob stay again, room great, facilities good, service hit and miss!

Room tip: Executive suite with club access worth the extra
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank wozwise
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Dear wozwise,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the recent challenges with your stay at DoubleTree by Hilton.

I thank you for the feedbacks on the hotel services and I do understand that my Front Office Manager has responded to you through Hilton Guest Review survey. Nevertheless, I don’t want to review each point, as obviously your general disappointment is the main concern.

As I have mentioned I really appreciate your feedbacks, and I look forward to making your next trip a more memorable experience. Please write to me directly at Ian.Barrow@hilton.com when you finalize the dates for the next trip and I will ensure we take good care of you and your family.

I hope we have the opportunity to provide better service in future for you.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

My girlfriend booked an executive room for two nights over the weekend and wish we'd been able to stay longer.

Truly one of the better hotels we've stayed at from the welcome at reception including the cookie through to our check out earlier today. The executive lounge is amazing and we made good use of the food, beer and wine on offer, while enjoying the view of Petronas Towers and the suburbs.

We also ate at Tosca where the food was superb along with the service, and made use of the fitness centre which is also very well equipped. The walk to Petronas Towers only took about 20 minutes so not sure what some other people are on about.

Overall a true five star hotel, in terms of getting the little things right and understanding their target market, from the coffees at the Food Store through to the choice of pillows, and facilities at the executive lounge. Will recommend.

Room tip: The executive rooms are well worth it, the lounge is a perfect place to spend a few hours with excellent food and drinks, free wifi and amazing views over the city.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Doubletree-KL_GM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Dear Daave_Marshall,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you found our property to your liking especially the Executive Lounge, Tosca, fitness center and pillow menu. I trust you and your girlfriend also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you both back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

In the US the Doubletree Hilton sub-brand is a 'lower-end, value' sub-brand - and room rates here are certainly friendly for these business-straitened times. However this new hotel is much higher quality than its US equivalents in Doubletree would be. So while this is by no means an urban destination resort, it's a very good value hotel to visit KL.

There is a small but iconic pool area. Food in the hotel is pretty good (I ate room service one night) while there is a hugely busy buffet (hugely busy at lunchtimes with the conferencing crowds) but with fresh and interesting foodstations for all the different types of food found in Malaysia.

Bedrooms are comfortably, spacious and practical, rather than charming.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank StephenLock

Dear StephenLock,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am very happy to hear that you found our property to your liking especially the rooms and Makan Kitchen, our signature restaurant showcases variety of Malaysian cuisine. I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Location is far, but the hotel is very nice..comfortable nice reception and fast. Breakfast & pool is great. it is far from KLCC. but very peaceful except you can feel the train under you a little.
Room service is the best. Try there king prawns on dinner you will never forget it!

Room tip: use LRT in across road in Ampag Park
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Feras H,

Thank you for staying with us, and I appreciate the feedback on the hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us especially the room service, breakfast spread and swimming pool. I trust you also enjoyed our famous Doubletree cookie, and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Doubletree by Hilton soon!