3,838 results
All reviews makan kitchen double tree the executive lounge welcome cookie warm cookies ampang park station diamond member petronas towers pillow menu food court shopping mall covered walkway upon check rain shower modern hotel business trip free shuttle
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This was the fourth time here. I’m a gold member and although they didn’t have executive rooms available to upgrade me to, they gave me executive access. Please do this for all gold members as it’s the sole reason I book this hotel.
It is a little far from the action, but taxis are cheap or you can walk for 30 mins.
Breakfast is amazing!!
It’s not luxurious but it’s about how you treat your guests because let’s face it, we don’t spend much time in a hotel when we’re in a city like KL so we want to be treated like we’re special in those few hours we’re in our hotels.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jbunney
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Jbunney,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review after your recent stay with us. Your feedback is highly valuable to us. I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with our hotel in terms of our rooms and the breakfast spread. We look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur upon your return to our lively city.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times before and continue to love this hotel. Staff are friendly and efficient and it’s good to see a number of staff are in training and they do a great job.

I checked in at the Exec Lounge and I got in my room really early, about 9.30am, which was really appreciated. The Exec Lounge is lovely with nice views and their evening spread with free drinks is really extensive.

Breakfast is also good and plenty of options.

I knocked off one star since the lifts continue to be terrible. They have been like this for ages and thus I start to wonder if improvement really is in progress as seems to be told to everyone who complains about the lifts. They are slow and the buttons on each floor don’t seem to light up and it seems you press one button and would expect all the buttons to come on but no. You have to press them all and even then the light doesn’t illuminate. I also witnessed the lift get stuck and the doors not open, presumably with someone in it, on Sunday afternoon, hardly reassuring!

Despite these continual issues the hotel is a great property!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank HullPhil
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear HullPhil,

Thank you for leaving us with a review. I am delighted to note that our team members have warmly welcomed you with the true Hilton hospitality. Thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast spread at Makan Kitchen too. We are disappointed to learn that our lifts have dampened your stay experience. We are currently in the process of upgrading our lifts stage by stage to better serve guests in future. We do hope to welcome you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur in future.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

My first time staying at Double Tree by Hilton although I have been to Kuala Lumpur many times. Always a risk trying a new hotel well not this time I have nothing but good feedback to give the hotel. Stayed on the Executive floor the room was clean and very nice especially the bed it was like sleeping on a cloud.
The staff on the executive floor displayed excellent customer service and always with a smile nothing was too much trouble ( big shout out to Brian).
Used the bar downstairs a couple of times also great service and reasonable prices for drinks in KL.
I love visiting KL at least once a year and this will be my hotel of choice moving forward. Thank you for a superb stay see you next time.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Koochers,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur has lived up to your expectations and that you have had a lovely stay with us. Thank you for your positive remarks on our team members. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit back to our vibrant city.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

It's a very busy hotel and since I came very early to check-in, the room was not ready but I am allowed to wait at the Executive Lounge. Very nice of the staff to offer me to take the breakfast while waiting for the room which I declined since I just had my breakfast earlier in the morning.
I did online checked-in and when the room was ready, the view was fantastic, overlooking Genting resort in the distance and northern Kuala Lumpur.
The main thing about this hotel is its location, just stroll away from Ampang Park LRT (connected via pedestrian bridge) and you can get practically anywhere from there; KLCC station is just 1 station away or you can even walk leisurely for 20mins. There is also a regular shuttle service to some attractions, but better check the timing at concierge.
Breakfast selection is always fantastic at Makan Kitchen and you will be spoilt for choice. Huge selection of everything!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
DoubleTree-KL_MGMT, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear cirque,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you found our hotel location convenient for you and that you were impressed with the breakfast spread at Makan Kitchen. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur again in future.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

The wedding event I have attended was very well organised. The service by the banquet staff were top class.
The good spread of western buffet lunch was delicious and the wedding ceremony went on without a hitch.
The room for the night is very clean, comfortable and very well equipped.
A slight minus point was that bath tub stopper did its job too well & it got stuck!
Breakfast spread was superb.
Will not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear BennyTWWong,

Thank you for leaving us with a great review. I am pleased to note that you were very impressed with the services rendered by our team members during the wedding. Thank you for your positive comments about our food and our rooms as well as for recommending us to other travellers. I look forward to welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Kuala Lumpur again.