See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Bit rough around the edges but for the price and location you couldn't ask for more. Had such a lovely chilled stay here and the owner was just so friendly and helpful. Really made it all the better. He even let me have the room an hour longer when I was supposed to check out. Perfect if you want somewhere nice and chilled and walking distance to some great sites :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

I booked the dormitory room through traveloka and it cost around RM30++ for 3 nights using the discount coupon traveloka provided. I asked if the hotel provides early check in as I've just arrived from 8 hours journey from Australia but they declined. So I had to wait until 2pm (so much for 24 hours reception). Upon arrival, the room that I booked was unavailable because they were painting it and they put me in a different room for the first day and asked me to move to the other room which is reek of paint smell the next day. They also asked for RM50 deposit which to me was rather too much as the room cost lesser than the deposit. Furthermore there are other hotel that require lesser deposit compared to Irsia. My first night was terrifying as there was another man in the room who kept sexual harrasing me. When I asked the receptionist if I could move to a different room and I'll pay for the extra cost, he told me that I can't as in the system I was put in that room. That was very stupid! The next day, when I moved to the other room and my friend came along, the other room was on a different level and the wifi was not working on that level. My friend was also sexual harrassed by one of the worker who were trying to force himself into the room. When we complained to the receptionist, he just told us to go back to sleep and that his man would not disturb us, but later, the man tried to force himself in again into the room. We decided not to sleep that night as we were afraid that something would happen and decided to check out the next day and move to another hotel as it was unsafe. This hotel is definitely not a safe place for ladies traveller

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
IrsiaBnB, Manager at Irsia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear NurLailaa,

Thank you for your feedback.. This had happen last year and we apologies on the matter, Nevertheless things are different now as staff has been changed and well trained with a livelier environment factor.. The next time around we appreciate if you could give us a second chance to accommodate your good self. Once again our sincere apology.

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Over-rated! My first time I experienced a really bad service. I booked a room for a weekend getaway via hostel world in advance, but arriving from the location, they told me that they were already fully booked all the rooms knowing that I have an advance booking to that room. They recommend me to rebook another room which was 3x the price of the room , and I ended up looking for another place to stay (walk-in) after 6 hours of travel. Very frustrating, I don't recommend this hostel.

Room Tip: Staff is horrible and unhelpful/unfriendly
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

Well all I can say about irsia that it's a home away from home very friendly staff always ready to help all places near by shopping freaks can get a huge range in time square and if you are a gadget and it lover lowyat plaza is your place

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim P
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

The Irsia B+B is very pretty with nice air conditioned rooms and free wifi. The bathrooms are cleaned daily and have showers. The entrance is like a garden full of plants and flowers with a seating area outside. Staff are very nice and helpful. The Irsia does not serve breakfast but there is a huge shopping mall next door with hundreds of shops and restraunts!

Stayed: July 2016