“Good Malay food”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Visited Grandmamas at pavilion mall with family last Sunday.
Tried the coconut blend shakes which was cold and refreshing in the heat. The babies shared a hunan chicken rice. The four adults shared a nasi lemak curry chicken and another noodle based dish who's name I can't remember and ended with ABC for desert.
Overall great food and quick / friendly service.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

They behave like dogs!!! The manager is like a steet dog. He doesn’t know minimum manner! I am now wondering how could this type of cheap person works at an international airport restaurant!!! May Allah give him hidayah!

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Went there during dinner time after found many good reviews on Tripadvisor. Located at Pavilion-KL, the design is like fine-dining to me. When I look into the menu book, the price is still reasonable. The local favourite like Curry Laksa attracts me so much, the curry is quite thick, then I balance with lime squeeze. There are tofu, meats, eggplant and one unrecognized vegetables, interesting taste once you bite it. This is my recent favourite dish so far from local Malaysian food. I chose Umbra with Sour Plum as my drink to balance the coconut-milk curry. And, the dessert is Chill Mango & Pomelo, a must-try, yummy!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

We visited this restaurant in the Pavilion Mall on the 6th floor. We wanted to try some local dishes in a quiet environment, which we cannot get in the food court.

The restaurant had a good seating arrangement, with sufficient space provided between tables. The waiter handed the menus to us and gave us some time to think about what we wanted to order.

We consulted the waiter on a few dishes to get better clarity about the dishes, although the menus were very clear by themselves. We also enquired about some drinks and juices that we wanted to order. The waiter was very friendly and helpful.

After a while, our order was delivered to our table. The portion size was very big. We could not finish what we ordered, although the food was very delicious. I really enjoyed their Beef Kway Teow dish, which was rice noodles with Beef cocked with ginger and spring onions in thick and tasty sauce.

I look forward to my next visit to Grandmama's.

2  Thank yalmunas
Reviewed 11 March 2018

Authentic Malaysian fare restaurant. The Sang Har Mee and fresh coconut was outstanding. Price was a bit on the high side though.