2,916 results
All reviewsshanghai restaurantshook restaurantstarhill gallerybukit bintangthe executive loungepavilion mallspecial thanksjunior suitebusiness tripshopping districtduty managerfood courtchecking inupon checklocation is excellentpetronas towersvelu
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the JW Marriott in Kuala Lumpur from October 5 to October 8, 2017. This hotel was the third stop on our round-the-world trip, and it was spectacular. At check-in, we were offered a free buffet breakfast for our three day stay. We inquired about lounge access, as we are Silver Elite members, and we were told the lounge was for gold and platinum members. However, after one phone call, we were granted lounge access. I think it was because the hotel was undergoing construction and a major facelift.

Breakfast at Shook! was AMAZING. It was a full buffet, that would rival any breakfast buffet at a five star resort in Las Vegas. They had all different kinds of international breakfasts, with made to order choices, such as omelettes, noodles, etc. Alcohol selection, and canapés, at the lounge were more than sufficient, so we didn’t need to eat dinner afterward. And, evening drinks and canapés went from 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM; four full hours. Most Hotels that serve wine and canapés in the evening, do so for around two hours. It was nice to have a four hour window.

Every staff member we came into contact with was pleasant, helpful and very accommodating. The pool area was fantastic; a very large open space on the 6th floor. The gym and spa, located on the 5th floor we’re very nice as well; the best we have seen to date, with private lockers, supplies and a separate TV viewing area to relax, when one is finished with the Spa.

The JW Marriott is located in a very nice neighborhood of Bukit Bintang, approximately 1/2 mile from the Petronas towers. The rooms were very spacious, and came with turndown service, which was very nice. Every evening we had fresh towels and a sufficient amount of bottled water in the room.

I couldn’t speak more highly of a hotel if I wanted to. When I return to Kuala Lumpur, I will only stay at the JW Marriott. I would rate this hotel seven stars, if I could.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geo S
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Geo S,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy our renovated pool area and facilities! We are also very happy to see that our breakfast in Shook restaurant and Executive Lounge met your expectations. We will share your comments with our team and hope that we may welcome you back again in the future should your travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur. Thank you again for your loyalty to our brand and our hotel.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

My son (age 32) and myself both Gold Elite members of Marriott rewards. We are having holiday in Kuala Lumpur for couple of weeks. Initially we found Shangri-la KL have good rate and also being Jade member we have all the attached benefits such as free breakfast.
But we found Marriott KL has a complete up grade so decide to give if a try for four days. We have two rooms next to each others.
Some minor problems due to rennovation. The lifts are painfully slow and the pool is not ready. Though the hotel offer the use of pools at Westin and Ritz Carlton nomotherless it's too much hassle to go to other hotels to just use the pool.
But the above problem is more than make up by the incredible staff team. Every staff members were so friendly and helpful and really getting out of their way to make you feel at home. A birthday cake in my son's room at his birthday is a wonderful touch and make us very happy. Also the hotel set our room up like a honey moon room also a beautiful touch.
Special thanks to Velu and Sam at the executive lounge, nothing is trouble to them and they really getting out of their way to make you happy.
Well done Marriott KL, this stay beat the Marriott Park Lane London stay I had recently which is quite imoressive already.
One more comment, the management at Sydney Marriott can learn from the management of Marriott KL, I found there is big difference in services standard between the two.
Now that we have move to Shangri-la KL to continue our holiday to continue our holiday and will write a review in this leg of the stay.
Simon Wu

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

A very good day to you, Simon K W,

Your positive comments on TripAdvisor has most certainly sent smiles all around the hotel and the team are inspired by your words to continue on their outstanding performance in continuously delivering memorable experiences to all of our guests.

We are delighted that you and your son had a fantastic time here at the hotel and trust that we will recognize the team for their great efforts.

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and we do look forward to have you back "home" soon.

Regards,
Mahmoud Skaf, Area General Manager, Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights on a leisure visit and were totally satisfied with it.
The hotel is still being renovated, but the process for most of the areas is clearly finalized. Hopefully the hotel management will consider some a dedicated seating area in the lobby which enables the guests to sit and order a cup of coffee, if they want. Also, there’s a systematic issue within the elevators as the two series are not synchronized together and it causes a delay for them to appear in each floor. Quantity-wise, 6 elevators are adequate for a 30 floor building.
Check in and out were smooth as we could access our room 3-4 hours earlier than their policy. The breakfast at Shook restaurant is worth booking as there are lots of different items to try. However, it remains almost the same everyday, so I suggest them to diversify it in future.
The most important advantage of this hotel, is the location which is right in front of Pavillion mall, while there are a huge variation of restaurants around the corner. You may access anywhere in the city via public transportation or taxis.
Last but not least, the hotel staff are really friendly and helpful and always try their best to make the guests happy. My very special thanks goes to Rami (a member of the front desk) who did almost a miracle for us to find out our lost cell phone which was remained in an unknown taxi.
Will definitely comeback to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AliAzarnoosh
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear AliAzarnoosh,

We are extremely grateful to have obtained your valuable feedback on your recent stay at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur. It gives us great pleasure knowing that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the team, in particularly Rami from the Concierge has left a significant impact on your hotel experience. Rest assured that we will recognize him for his outstanding performance in tracing back your lost mobile phone.

We appreciate the suggestions you've given and will review with the team for our further improvement to better serve our guests.

Thank you and we most certainly look forward to have you back "home" soon.

Regards,
Mahmoud Skaf, Area General Manager, Kuala Lumpur

Reviewed 4 October 2017

This is my 4th stay at JW Marriott KL and have always enjoyed my stay here. Service is excellent from the concierge, the housekeepers, the "At your Service" team, the chefs, and most of all the team from the Executive Lounge.

My special thanks to the following personnel for being attentive and going that extra miles in making my stay memorable.

1) Shireen from the Executive Lounge - She noted my birth date during my checked-in and surprised me w a birthday cake on my birthday. It was a very pleasant gesture.

2) Koko from the Executive Lounge - He went all the way to Ritz Carlton to get me a piece of banana when the hotel did not have one for that day. He has always been very attentive to his guests needs.

3) Pashvin from the Executive Lounge - Knowing that I did not have my hp charger w me on that day, he voluntarily offered to lend his so I can have my hp charged before going for my meeting.

4) Velu from the Executive Lounge - Helpful and attentive to his guests needs.

5) The chefs from the Executive Lounge - Food and pastries served are of excellent quality. Even when I brought my guests in the Executive lounge one of the days, they complimented on the food and esp the pastries (Red velvet cake, Cronuts, etc)

I am planning to come back in Dec and hoping for a good stay again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Skaf M, General Manager at JW Marriott Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear Zai020202,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to read that we were able to surprise you for your birthday! Thank you as well for remembering and mentioning the names of our lounge associates so that we may recognize and thank them personally for their efforts. We will look forward to your return this December when all of our renovations will be complete. Thank you once again for your loyalty to our brand and our hotel.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Staffs are always going that extra mile to make your stay wonderful. Excellent service from the following personnel.

1) Shireen from the Executive Lounge - She surprised me with a bday cake on my birthday. Very attentive, taking into consideration all the small details.
2) Koko from the Executive Lounge - Went all the way to Ritz Carlton to get me a piece of banana when the hotel does not have one for that day. He is very attentive to his guest's needs.
3) Velu from the Executive Lounge - Helpful and friendly.

Kudos to all the chefs from the Executive Lounge. Never dissapointed with all the food and pastries served daily.

At Your Service team were also very friendly and resourceful.

Hotel location is good, near shopping malls.

Happy with my stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Zai0202

Dear Zai0202,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us on TripAdvisor! We are very happy to read that we were able to surprise you for your birthday! Thank you as well for remembering and mentioning the names of our lounge associates so that we may recognize and thank them personally for their efforts. We hope that we may welcome you back again in the future should your travel plans bring you back to Kuala Lumpur.