“poor staff”

Ranked #96 of 341 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“poor staff”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

i was c/in in ur hotel on 18th and c/out on 19th feb 2012...my room number will b 1120...i was book frm booking.com....i was so accited to c/in in your hotel...but once i came they i was full of wet...once i enter your hotel the staff were unfriendly at all...but beside me they was a masalay guest the concierge greeting the guest....then i wend to reception i been wait so long for c/in...b4 i came to ypur hotel i requars for bathrobe in the room...in my comman also i wrote they that i need a robe in my room...wokey i call the operator to requars for robe and ice bucket... i waited for 1/2 hours...then i went out for my lunch....wen i cm back oso they was nothing in the room...ten i call DM after 10 minit i get it....wokey its was 5n to me...wen i want to take my bath i saw tat only 1 set of bathroom amenities i call the house keeping again for ask only bathgel and shampoo 2set....izt my faulth to ask...after few minit the 1 of the indian lady call me and ask me tat i cn speak tamil or not....i say no...then she told me that the shampoo in the bathroom i say yes they is only 1 set..in my room got2 person..she say if we need extra is chargeable....i say its k im willing to pay..i ask her how much she was say its k i give u only 2 set after tat it will charge....izt thz is the way ur staff treat the guest...the way she talk to me also very2 rude to me...then i ask her name she just out down the phone without telling me...izt the way ur hotel staff behieve...i really vry unhappy with ur hotel...i believe that the girl name will be nadia...frm business centre....

Room Tip: higher floor have e lounge
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank malar_2024

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Nice basic room, good service and good restaurant. Yet, noisy building, housekeeping was at the door in early mornings while knocking on the door. Did not sleep to well as I am light sleeper, if you dont have that problem, then great hotel and ideal location!

• Stayed February 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Excellent hotel...excellent breakfast and facilities. however, please be very careful about booking any tours at the tour desk in the lobby. They are very expensive and there is no after sales service if your tour was not up to their brochure standard. We booked the elephant tour on a Friday and it was Prayer Day so everything was rushed and we did not get what we were promised. After complaining on the day we are still waiting for a reply. Even the hotel failed to respond to our complaint but they only rent the space. Do your tours through another company. Elephant farm is free so only paying for driver.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Petaling Jaya, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I had never ever stayed in such a hotel before in my life!!! Everything was not right from the moment i checked in with a lady named Umie. On Valentine day, was given a Deluxe Twin bed, which was still fine with me but just requested for a little help from her to help me to combine the bed but she refused Flatly, Coldy and Rudely without even trying. Went to the Room was more like a 3 star hotel. Tv was not working, bathtub was rusty and no amenities in except the shower cap??!! Best of all, the carpet was scattered with beer cap and cinema ticket from the previous guest. Called to the Reception counter to clarify whether i was given a Deluxe room or a 2 star motel room. My call was assisted by a guy name Suhaimi, which was not helpful at all infact he was surprisingly rude and arrogant. He actually questioned me "What kind of room do you Expect when you booked for a Standard room Ma'am?'' I was literally shocked with his Questions and calmly answered him I thought i booked for a Deluxe room not Standard. As it has differences. He then kept babbling away about my booking for a standard room instead of just asking me how can he assist me with. After 3 minutes of him babbling away, i angrily Snapped at him by asking him not to be rude to me and reminded him that i am still his gst although i was so called booked for a Standard room. Then only he asked me "So how can i help u Ma'am?'' So i told him to come n have a look at my current room condition. So he came and have a look and then he eventually agreed with all my comments and changed my room to a kIng size bed on the same floor. After a poor sleep due to my room was facing directly to the road, me and my fiancee went for breakfast. Upon getting seated we were publictly humiliated by the Host claiming that we are not entitled for any breakfast. I then told & showed him my booking confirmation stated i am entitled for breakfast. He then loudly and proudly said to my face, "You can check with the Reception downstairs as my list showed that you are not entitled'. I then requested him to call & check b4 i stormed down with my anger.Still after he called, he still claimed that i am not entitled. As i approached the Reception counter, the lady also told me that i am not entitled at first. After 10 minutes of waiting for her to check, finally she gave me a breakfast coupon. By that time i was freakingly boiled up and demanded to speak with the Duty Manager. As i recalled the Manager was polite and friendly, if im not mistaken his name was Ahmed. Nothing was resolved even after speaking to him. So i then realised that it was not the hotel that had issues, it was the people working inside that have a very big issues. I am very very disappointed and will never recommend anyone to stay there as i believe as a guest we are entitled for a better service hotel compared to this/

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CitYGal2712

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Lumpur hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed during the December holidays. Place is cleaner and service is not bad . But without even asking me the put extra bed in my room and try to charge me for the bed. Location is not bad but really bad traffic during the rush hour time. Let say if you are taking a cab it will cost u more money during the rush hour. Overall stay was good. I would recommend for people doing a quick trip to KL

• Stayed December 2011