Sunway Putra Hotel
US$84
US$78
  • Pool
Impiana KLCC Hotel(Kuala Lumpur)
US$90
US$97
US$72
US$122
US$110
Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$203
US$166
Hilton Kuala Lumpur(Kuala Lumpur)
US$89
US$87
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$98/night.

Aloft Kuala Lumpur Sentral(Kuala Lumpur)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$99
US$93
Priceline
  • Fitness centre
US$225
US$189
1,936 results
All reviewsshopping malllegend hotelpwtc stationcoffee housespacious roomfree upgradeclub suiteswimming poolexcellent stayhotel is locatedpublic transportupon checkeasy accessenjoyed my staybuffet breakfastpleasant staybatu caves
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We are a family of 4. We requested interconnecting rooms and received them. Room 1 was super spacious with separate lounge area, big bathroom etc. Room 2 was considerably smaller, but perfect for the kids. Both had outstanding views of Petronas Towers. To nit pick, the rooms could probably do with an update, but at the price we could not complain ! What stands out for me the most is the outstanding level of service. I have never received service so good! Smiling, happy attendants wherever you went in the building. we ate in the Japanese Smorgasboard one night which was ample and authentic. We also had breakfast each morning in the restaurant - a veritable feast available. The hotel is located within easy walking distance of he PWTC MTR station which gives you great access for he city. The is also a quite good shopping centre attached with plenty of Western food options. Overall a fantastic experience and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank AussieFamilyOnTheGo
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

Dear AussieFamilyOnTheGo

Thank you for staying with us. Your positive feedback will definitely encourage us to continue giving our best services. Be sure to tell your friends about us and come back again soon. Until me meet again.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

We were upgraded to a Crest Room and it was fantastic! felt like we were staying in a Hilton suite. The room was huge so was great for a family, the bathroom alone was the size of our entire hotel room in Singapore! The bed was huge and comfortable, the decor is lovely, free bottles of water in the room were replaced each day, lots of towels and great toiletries were provided. Staff were always helpful. The breakfast was great, they had almost anything that you could think of. We had a great buffet dinner at the restaurant one night because the hotel gave us a 50% voucher for this. The foyer was decorated beautifully for Christmas. Check-in and check-out was fast and easy. There is a large shopping mall attached to the hotel building where you can find all sorts of shops, cafes and a supermarket - the Starbucks at the mall has free WIFI! .
There is no metro line close to the hotel but taxis are always available and a cheap enough (just make sure you go on the meter price and not a fixed-price).

The swimming pool gets closed when it rains! even if it is just a light drizzle. This was a real pain for us because we wanted to take our son swimming. It was often drizzling in KL so this meant we never got to use the pool! there is no exception to this rule so this was a real disappointment. They told us it was because it is wet and slippery around the pool! well, it would be wet and slippery anyway with people splashing water out from the pool!

The WIFI is totally overpriced and for a hotel of this level it should be free!

Room Tip: Try and get an upgrade to a Crest Room!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
SunwayPutra1112, General Manager at Sunway Putra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear Netty2010,

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Visited Hotel over NYE, our room was upgraded as a compliment on our arrival, was a very nice gesture to get the room with the great view! To get the best view ask for a room on a floor higher than the 12th (this should give you the swimming pool, pentronas twin towers & KL tower all together)
The chinese restaurant at the hotel offered great variety and quality of food.
On the downside there was a bit of a strange smell in the bathroom that seemed not to be treatable

Overall, Good value for money, 10 minutes away by taxi to any destination

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Amira_1101,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. We would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience in regards to the bathroom. We have looked into this matter and rectified it. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Having stayed in some excellent 3/4 star hotels whilst visiting Vietnam we were expecting top class service. Mega disappointed.It might have a flashy lobby area but everything from service to cleanliness was simply awful.
When we arrived receptionist didn't bother to tell us anything about facilities etc. No help with our luggage to our room. Overall staff attitude was dire.Water was tepid the two days we were there. On arrival having eaten oriental food for a week I fancied burger and fries so ordered room service. I placed order only for them to call me a few minutes later to say they couldn't offer me it. I placed another order and was told it would take 20 minutes. After 45 I chased them only for them to put the phone down on me!

What was more amazing was whilst the room had a fridge it did not have a mini-bar!! Have you ever heard of a 5 star hotel not having a stocked mini-bar?? Yet all the 3/4 star hotels we had been staying were stocked with a mini-bar and offered complimentary water.

That evening I wanted to catch a taxi to Chinatown. so asked the Concierges at the plush doors for a taxi only to be told I had to go out onto the street to order one myself! I had to go back to Customer Services to complain before they sorted one out.

The worst part about this hotel is its cleanliness. It wasn't that clean at all. I spotted in what is suppose to be the Breakfast restuarant a plug socket which was greasy and dirty. As for having breakfast it was like eating in a cheap canteen.Nasty and noisy. I noticed one of the orange juice machines was not working so I politely informed a member of the staff only to have my head bitten off with 'were fixing it!

As we had a very early morning departure we decided to test how bad they were by requesting a breakfast pack to take with us. Surprise, surprise, they failed to have one ready for us when we left.

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. AVOID

Travel Tip - Avoid commuter trains if poss as they are very unreliable. Also make sure if you arrive at airport which is nearly 2 hours from city centre by bus you get correct bus connection to high speed transit train.
Petroplis towers closed mondays and tickets only available from 7am
Baku Caves worth a visit just to see monkeys but you have to take commuter train so leave yourself plenty of time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kenny12smith

Dear Kenny12smith,

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us. We would like to apologize for the unpleasant experience with us. We shall definitely look into improving our standard of service to serve you better.

Reviewed 11 January 2012

Visited the hotel recently and was upgraded from deluxe room to the crest room. The room is spacious, nicely decorated, comfortable and have a balcony to enjoy the great view overlooking the city. Spacious and comfortable are the best words to describe on this hotel. There was no problem except a leaking in the bathroom: minor problem. The staff was kind and friendly, ready to assist at anytime. The breakfast was awesome. Comes in many choices and the food was very tasty. Swimming pool is big and quite deep up to 8 feet. The swimming pool overlooking the city center and breathtaking. The only problem is that the housekeeping was quite poor. Every time when I came in after they cleaned my room, I found that they did not replace the towels and some of my stuff were placed at 'unwanted places' such as on the floor.
I then decided to extend my stay for 5 days 4 nights here. The value of peace and enjoyment: priceless. Worth to dig the pocket for a comfortable vacation and stay. Definitely will come again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Frequenttraveller138,

Thank you for your feedback. We shall look into this and rest assured work on it. We hope to welcome you back again soon