“Stop over”

Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Ranked #65 of 350 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located for some amazing shoos, indoor amusements and to visit the city life. Rooms are spacious and well equipped but the decor is very dated, in places dirty and in need of replacement. Went for breakfast included but regretted this as food was bland, uncooked meat sausages and cold. Immediately outside are local outlets with a wide range of food.
The star rating needs a review and reducing. I would use this hotel again but don't be misled into thinking the 5 stars is 5 star, it's more like 3

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rich6419
Mondi M, General Manager at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear Rich6419,
Thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at our property. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. I am very disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us. Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, I do extend it with all sincerity. I certainly empathise regarding the points you mention in your review, especially the issues with your room and the quality of food served during breakfast. Your comments have been addressed with our operations team for training and coaching. Again, please accept my apology, and I hope that this hasn't put you off a return stay with us again. We appreciate sharing your concerns and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Berjaya Times Square Hotel Kuala Lumpur

Write a ReviewReviews (2,538)

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I guess you get what you pay for....... Where shall I start?
Check in: we arrived at 2.30 to be told our room not ready and come back at 3.30. We retired to the broadway lounge bar for our welcome drink of juice....tip to hotel - don't bother. We weren't able to access internet either as we hadn't "checked in" we decided that since check in time was 3pm we would return to the front desk and we were checked in.
The Room:
The smell upon entry was revolting...like a sweaty man had just left. Outside our door was a pile of discarded dirty dishes and a used cigarette butt (the dishes were eventually removed but they left the butt???) the bed was a s hard as a rock - like sleeping on concrete, the hairdryer stopped working mid hair dry, then on day 2, 4 lights stopped working in the bathroom. The carpets were badly stained and the furniture marked and stained in places.
It needs an upgrade - an old hotel that could do with a freshen up.

Room Tip: No words....
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank srjonesy1959

Dear srjonesy1959,
Thank you for having visited Berjaya Times Square Hotel for your stay. My sincerest apologies for the experiences you had encountered at our hotel. It is always disappointing to hear of our failures and to learn that our systems and people failed to deliver on this occasion. Please accept my sincerest apologies for your unpleasant experience. I have noted with concern your comments with regards of your room and the staff service experience which did not meet your expectations. The matter has been taken up on a priority basis and action has been initiated. It is our constant endeavour to exceed your expectations and to build a long-term relationship with valuable guest like yourself. I do hope that you will be able to put this one-off experience deviation behind you and give us another opportunity to serve you. My team and I look forward to meet you in person on your next visit to the hotel. Please do give us a call or send us an email, and we would be delighted to have you again with us.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel security is great, location is very good we are very easy to reach the shopping mall easily with many choices of stuffs.
The facilities is good, just the bed need to be changed. When someone get up, the bed mad a terrible noise and vibration that can wake the other bed mate.
Ther is no TV list in the hotel.
One of my room get bad smell of cigarettes.
The reception is very helpful.
The view from the room is super nice, we can see the great view of KL very widely.
Overall is really good.
I will recommend my friends to stay there once they go to Malaysia.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Vodthana S,
Thank you for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. Great to hear your overall experience during your stay was good and that you recommended our hotel as good value and worth a visit. We have also noted your kind comments on areas we have to improve on and on which we can certainly do better. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. We have taken this up with respective departments and will closely monitor the situation. Thank you for staying with us and for ranking us so highly and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

Two maintenance staffs came knocking on my room door at 12 mid night, saying that I asked for them to come to service a leaking pipe, which I didn't call them at all. They disturb my rest and make us feel so uneasy.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrbigcanon

Dear mrbigcanon,
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy all aspects of your stay and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies in this regard. Your comments will be shared with all concerned in effort to learn from your experience and to further improvise. Our guest's satisfaction and experience is of utmost importance for us and I am terribly sorry we were not able to fulfil your needs. For further assurance should you have any concerns during your stay, we do have 24-hour security assistance on standby as well as a Duty Manager available to assist on any concerns or questions you may have. We apologies that our associates had knock on the wrong door and disturbed you at such a late hour. This will be shared with the team for training and coaching purposes. We do hop to have the opportunity to welcome you back under better circumstances and to show you our true Malaysian Hospitality.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Firstly, I would like to say that I went to this hotel strictly for the Times square mall and for the theme park.
I have been there before and i know what problems i will face and I was totally right about it.
Check in as usual in this hotel, crowded and takes at least 20 minutes until your turn come. last time I went was not good but this time was ok, since the staff explained all info regarding room, facilities and restaurant and clearly stated that the room was not ready and requested us to go the cafe to be served a waiting drink until our room was ready.
As I expected the family room was a mess. Scratches, pens writing, liquid spills everywhere and worst Cigarettes smell which I can't tolerate even if I accepted the mentioned chaos!!
So i went again to the front desk where the miss receptionist told me sorry sir hotel is all booked I can't change your room, I tried nicely to explain to her that I can't tolerate the smell of Cigarettes but she was like a recording machine and it was obvious that I wont get nothing so i decided to switch to the aggressive mode and I told: listen miss I respect what you say and the fact that you deal all those kinds of people but I mentioned this in my reservation from your website and I'm sick with F@#$%^& stage 4 throat cancer so get me the damn manager or I'm going to make a formal problem for you people that I will be sure that my money is back and you all get disciplinary action.
Maybe you guys think I'm rude but if you were in my position then you will think differently because of my critical health problem.
So the boss came, "Karen", and i asked her who are you and do you have authority, she said she is the duty manager and indeed she has authority.
And as i expected, she polished me with a lot of "I understand sir" "I will personally take of sir"
Although i did not mind to pay more for higher rank room but with clean air, but nothing changed. She sees me everyday and ,, nothing... why??!! maybe I was to polite in my approach, and i always finish my conversation with saying i'm sorry if i was aggressive but this is not what i paid for.
Breakfast ,, very crowded,, average service and food selection and quality, but they tried to handle all the crowd , let me give it to them.
Pool was nice, so big, and you will enjoy it indeed.
I was angry but i did not approach because i know they will do nothing as I experienced from the rude manager of the last time so I decided to hold my temper since I'm there for the theme park where i spent one whole day and other 2 days in the times square shopping mall since they are in the same building which is the only cridet for this hotel.
I guess next time I will try to find very near good hotel and reserve there, especially knowing some hotel brands really strive to satisfy the customer and I can tell you many stories that I felt shy and blushing of how management was so nice to make me happy when i complained

Honestly, I don't recommend you to go there even though the price is good but service is (let me be polite and say" bad, and mister management please spare me the sugar coated hypocrisy that you will write trying to polish your and the hotels pictures because that will do nothing of value to me,, so please save your face and dont even reply to my review...!!!

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank aymanalchemist

Dear aymanalchemist,
Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay with us. We work hard to deliver memorable experience for our guests and we are sorry to hear that your expectations were not met. In spite of your request for us not to respond to your review, it is our duty to reply to each and every valued guest. We will definitely discuss your comments with our team and use them to learn and improve. Once again, we apologize and thank you for staying with us.