“Ok breakfast buffet”
Review of Contango

Contango
Reserve with OpenTable
Contango is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 5,049 Restaurants in Kuala Lumpur
Price range: US$30 - US$200
Cuisines: Asian, Japanese, Malaysian, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the Tower Wing, Contango is a luxuriously designed contemporary restaurant featuring an open kitchen interactive dining concept with a seating capacity for 250 people. The cuisine, freshly prepared to order, ranges from Western with a pizza oven and Churassco Grill to Chinese, Japanese, Malay and Thai. A 2000 bottle wine cellar includes the exclusive Opus One vertical collection of wine created through a collaboration between Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi.
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

The food varities are ok, but not our favorite so far. The pastries choices are limited and need the staff assistant to take it as its inside the display glass cabinet. The smoothie options are limited too, theres only 2 fruits and 2 vegetables for us to choose. My favorite dish from the buffet is hot fried mee goreng. Theres a staff will keep frying mee, mee hoon and kuetiow which all are delicious. The staff are very helpfull and the coffee is also tasteful.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

9 Jun 2018 buka puasa. Total 39 of us.
With different departments.
Cost about 136 MYR minus off the GST.
Food wise seem only Japanese section and BBQ fish area worth a try.

Rest are either overcook suck as deep fried big prawn etc. No oyster spotted maybe buka puasa (break fast) menu does not have. I thinkcan give it a miss but it give you a luxury dinner feeling.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Stay for a night and try out their buffet turned out a bad experience.

Food selection is okay. Nothing wow us. Food quality seem very bad. Butter cream mussel overcooked, roast beef is tough, salad lettuce turn brown, dessert was okay. The only thing we like is cook to request pasta and the special request roti pisang.

Service: was seated by the white jacket guy but nothing offer even water or beverage list. Waited 15 min and no water serve still, and we have to walk to a waiter and ask him serve us water. Ice cream counter lady seem rude: she said “just tell me what you like okay, easy for me”. I told her I want 2 chocolate ice cream in a cup and 1 green tea ice cream in another cup. She don’t really bother my request and put all in one bowl. Simple request and I don’t expect that from a well known hotel. Kitchen Staff playing handphone while on duty. Oh ya, only 3 waiters serving the entire restaurant. Poor management.

Ambience: spacious seat and table. But overall is weird, I only heard noise from kitchen and no other background music.

Price wasn’t bad, 115 per person. But experience and quality wasn’t impress us.

2  Thank Traveltotheworld1
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This international buffet has a lot of local flavors. For example Nasi Lemak (coconut rice with condiments) I love the chao keow teow (fried rice noodles) too! It definitely give you a taste of Malaysia!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Great for breakfast, keeps you going all day.
We tried Contango one evening, had an excellent buffet, with all sorts of seafood, Indian curries, Malay food, Chinese...many things I'm not even sure of the derivation. All of it looked really good, and the things we sampled were good. Good value at 115MYR per head.

1  Thank 36grega